Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643482 times)

AdnaanA

Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #1020 on: April 09, 2012, 05:04:00 AM »
Thanks for refreshing my memory on Genie's Rachel. I cannot remember what I just ate for breakfast let alone what I told someone a month ago. Lol.
So can Non Heirs marry spouses, I am getting confused

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1021 on: April 09, 2012, 05:09:59 AM »
There has never been a restriction on relationships concerning Non-Heirs.   In this challenge, Sims are allowed to move out of the household at anytime plus if you wanted you can have a spare stay in the house and have children. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1022 on: April 09, 2012, 06:42:23 AM »
Me, too, for this question.  Genies aren't allowed?

Correct. See my above explanation that Rachel linked -- they fall under the same umbrella as vampires and mummies with their extended life. BUT — I have no issue with getting the lamp, releasing the Genie to grant a wish or two and then moving the Genie out.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1023 on: April 09, 2012, 07:08:49 AM »
So if I am understanding it correctly heirs cannot marry genies even if they are living in the town and if they marry into a townie house all genies need to be moved out straight awaym. But can non heirs reproduce with genies and if they marry one they will have to move out as genies are not allowed in the heir's house.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

AdnaanA

« Reply #1024 on: April 09, 2012, 08:10:14 AM »
So if I am understanding it correctly heirs cannot marry genies even if they are living in the town and if they marry into a townie house all genies need to be moved out straight awaym. But can non heirs reproduce with genies and if they marry one they will have to move out as genies are not allowed in the heir's house.

Rachel
This was my question, I forgot to add genies instead of spouses

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1025 on: April 09, 2012, 09:51:47 AM »
Okay, under Additional Restrictions #2 I added the Genie info, so hopefully that clears up things with Genies.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1026 on: April 09, 2012, 10:24:14 AM »
It clears up the part about heirs and genies but can spares reproduce with genies and or marry them so long as they move out of the house to do so.

Rachel

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Katniss :)
  • Immortal
« Reply #1027 on: April 10, 2012, 05:49:51 AM »
I would like to ask a question about Gen 0... AKA The Original townies. As long as your starting townie has no children living with them in the house, can He or she marry someone with children? And are the children aloud to move in with them?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1028 on: April 10, 2012, 06:02:27 AM »
I would like to ask a question about Gen 0... AKA The Original townies. As long as your starting townie has no children living with them in the house, can He or she marry someone with children? And are the children aloud to move in with them?

As long as you remember to designate the heir as the first child born into the house, I suppose what you're asking is okay.

...can spares reproduce with genies and or marry them so long as they move out of the house to do so.

Rachel

Well, would any existing rule be violated by this? No Genie can be a household member is the main rule.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1029 on: April 10, 2012, 06:09:35 AM »
Rachel, if your Spares moved out to be with the Genie then whatever they did would be out of control as it would be dictated by SP?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1030 on: April 10, 2012, 06:13:23 AM »
As long as you remember to designate the heir as the first child born into the house, I suppose what you're asking is okay.

I thought there could be no children at all with the original founders.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1031 on: April 10, 2012, 06:47:04 AM »

The more I think about it the more I agree with Pam. Here are the relevant rules...

2. Choose a pre-made townie family with no children from any unaltered EA designed neighborhood.
1. Heirs must be the result of two Sims living in a household Trying For Baby and must be born within 10 days of starting in a new occupied Townie house.
2. The first named child born into a new house is your DecaDynasty heir.

So, in the situation where you would move into your first house where there was no children and then you would bring in your spouse who did have children you're violating some rules. At minimum you are attempting something that is not in the spirit of what I originally set out.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1032 on: April 10, 2012, 06:48:17 AM »

Well, would any existing rule be violated by this? No Genie can be a household member is the main rule.

I would have thought that so long as the genie didn't move into the house then it would be okay for a spare to marry one. I don't see that it would be breaking any rules.

Rachel, if your Spares moved out to be with the Genie then whatever they did would be out of control as it would be dictated by SP?
A female Sim would be able to get pregnant under my control then move out before the baby arrived. I assume that would be okay.

I always understood the rule to mean that the starting household had to have no children but you were allowed to marry a Sim from a household with children in. You yourself Pam had Christopher Steel marry Zelda Mae who comes from a household which has children. Obviously the children aren't hers but the rules says to pick a  townie household without children so you would not have been allowed to use Zelda Mae's house as your starting house.

Edit: I think moving in children from a spouse's previous relationship would not be in the spirit of the challenge. But I do believe that marrying someone who already has children or comes from a household that has children should still be allowed so long as the kiddies stayed with their other parent etc.

I hope that made some kind of sense.

Rachel

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1033 on: April 10, 2012, 07:00:08 AM »
I would have thought that so long as the genie didn't move into the house then it would be okay for a spare to marry one. I don't see that it would be breaking any rules.

Yes, I agree.

A female Sim would be able to get pregnant under my control then move out before the baby arrived. I assume that would be okay.

Sounds okay.

I always understood the rule to mean that the starting household had to have no children but you were allowed to marry a Sim from a household with children in. You yourself Pam had Christopher Steel marry Zelda Mae who comes from a household which has children. Obviously the children aren't hers but the rules says to pick a  townie household without children so you would not have been allowed to use Zelda Mae's house as your starting house.

Edit: I think moving in children from a spouse's previous relationship would not be in the spirit of the challenge. But I do believe that marrying someone who already has children or comes from a household that has children should still be allowed so long as the kiddies stayed with their other parent etc.

I hope that made some kind of sense.

Rachel

It does make sense and I agree. I guess the bottom line for me is kids/heirs need to start at house #1 -- that's ground zero for Heir #1. If you're marrying a spouse and they are bringing in kids too, even if you have a natural child with that spouse it just does not seem to make sense because the importance of the heir's arrival is sort of devalued with other kids in the picture.

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Katniss :)
  • Immortal
« Reply #1034 on: April 10, 2012, 07:16:48 AM »
OK, so it wouldn't be ok for my founder to marry Leighton Sekemonto and bring Sam with him? I'd have to leave him with his Grandma?

anything