Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 367705 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #1175 on: July 05, 2012, 12:52:19 PM »
EDIT: Can the baby be born on the actual 10th day, or does it have to be before then? If it's not allowed to be on the 10th day, I have to start over. ::)

On the 10th day is still "within 10 days" so you're fine.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #1176 on: July 05, 2012, 01:13:10 PM »
Okay, thanks guys, just got paranoid. :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shady eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1177 on: July 10, 2012, 06:39:31 PM »
So in my game, I had a multiple birth and now the children are saying their birthdays are on different days.  The one who is schedule to age up first was the last to be born.  It's the toddler stage and I just noticed the problem.  I can't remember which one is the correct age setting.   Do I let the kids age up on the day the game says to even though they should be the same age or can I cake them together when the youngest is supposed to turn older? 
Origin ID: Ricalynn
Current Active Stories: Artie's TS4 Dynasty || Grim Rivalries

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1178 on: July 10, 2012, 06:44:00 PM »
So in my game, I had a multiple birth and now the children are saying their birthdays are on different days.  The one who is schedule to age up first was the last to be born.  It's the toddler stage and I just noticed the problem.  I can't remember which one is the correct age setting.   Do I let the kids age up on the day the game says to even though they should be the same age or can I cake them together when the youngest is supposed to turn older?

I think Metro will have to answer that one.  I don't remember if it's come up already.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1179 on: July 10, 2012, 07:46:02 PM »
Rica, yeah it sounds like the game threw you a curve ball. So, do whatever you want to to get them back on track to where they all have the same birthday for simplicity's sake.

Offline Teresa

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #1180 on: July 11, 2012, 03:45:14 PM »
I added the following new ban to Additional Restrictions:

5. The Wishing Well Sim Store item is banned.

I have a question on why making wishes from the wishing well is banned but making wishes through the genie is allowed?  Shouldn't it both be treated the same?  Or is it genie lamp is allowed because it is a lifetime reward and wishing well isn't allowed because it is a store item?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1181 on: July 11, 2012, 04:19:58 PM »
The Wishing well is a much more powerful item and that's why it's banned.  The Genie has wish restrictions.   

The wishing well is going to be awesome for challenges.

-No cooldown whatsoever.
-Can go from career level 1 to 10 in one sim day just from repeatedly wishing for power. Does not matter if it's rabbithole, profession, or self-employed.
-Wishing for wealth can put a random car in that sim's inventory, even the Marguet Vaguester

The wealth is no different from wishing for money from the genie but the genie does require a bunch of happiness points or luck to get whereas the Wishing well sits in Lucky Palms or can be placed somewhere for a small amount of money.    A genie has three wishes before you have to get another one and the wishing well is never used up.   

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Teresa

• Challenge Board Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #1182 on: July 11, 2012, 04:32:29 PM »
Ahh thanks, I have only ever wished for wealth from the lamps.  I didn't realize you could affect careers with the well.  Of course I just added 900,000 dollars to the family coffers in 24 hours using multiple lamps so I wanted to verify before I saved.  ::)

Offline Lysita

• Occult
« Reply #1183 on: July 11, 2012, 08:43:29 PM »
How hard are decadynasties to actually do? I've read the rules and requirements, and Pam's decadynasty. She makes it look easy, which I'm sure it isn't. Then again, Pam makes everything look easy. I have been holding off from trying this challenge, as the requirements are definitely harder than an immortal dynasty. Not just that though, also that even with a house full of sims, depending on what jobs they have, and how much you use, money can still be tight. I am nowhere close to being able to buy any property in my immortal dynasty, but maybe I need to start with a partnership, to at least get the money from that.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1184 on: July 11, 2012, 09:46:35 PM »
My understanding is that DecaDynasties are far harder than Immortal Dynasties.  The proof is that no one has actually finished a Decadynasty.  It takes a long time and there are just so many little things that you have to remember to get done and all has to be ready within the 3 weeks of adulthood and then it's another 10 days to get the next generation in right after that.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1185 on: July 12, 2012, 12:26:51 AM »
When I first started my DecaDynasty, I thought it was harder than the Immortal Dynasty.  And some generations truly are more difficult than others.  My third generation who just got released as the current heir had a very easy time of it.  Everything went very smoothly.  Other generations won't be that easy.  You can work it out so that none of your generations are hurting for money.  Once you get started with Money Trees and perfect produce, you can put it into one of the chests you get while traveling.  My new family had nearly $300,000 sitting in that chest just waiting for them to pick it up. 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Upinde_wa_Mvua

• Townie
« Reply #1186 on: July 12, 2012, 12:57:45 PM »
I just got a random "+1,200" in my decadynasty while my Sims were asleep. I looked at everyone's work/retirement stipends, and nobody gets that much. :-\ Should I get rid of it?

I Googled it, and it seems that it's a common bug. I think that I got it once in one of my abandoned immortal dynasties, too.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1187 on: July 12, 2012, 12:59:48 PM »
I just got a random "+1,200" in my decadynasty while my Sims were asleep. I looked at everyone's work/retirement stipends, and nobody gets that much. :-\ Should I get rid of it?

I Googled it, and it seems that it's a common bug. I think that I got it once in one of my abandoned immortal dynasties, too.

No, that's fine. Keep it.

Offline Upinde_wa_Mvua

• Townie
« Reply #1188 on: July 12, 2012, 01:02:01 PM »

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1189 on: July 12, 2012, 08:12:47 PM »
Although my toddler heir (gen. 4) is aging up on schedule, her parents seem to be stuck. Does anyone know how to unstick them? It's not a disqualification, but someone will eventually have to provide a tombstone.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1190 on: July 12, 2012, 10:09:10 PM »
Although my toddler heir (gen. 4) is aging up on schedule, her parents seem to be stuck. Does anyone know how to unstick them? It's not a disqualification, but someone will eventually have to provide a tombstone.

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,451.0.html

It's an allowed cheat, so don't worry about turning them on in these situations. Just remember to turn them off.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1191 on: July 12, 2012, 10:15:01 PM »

@Metro:

I think maybe Marian means their ages are stuck.  Not that the Sims are stuck and need a reset.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

thesweetestpea

« Reply #1192 on: July 13, 2012, 12:50:26 AM »
Are they stuck on 'Days to Aging Up: Never?' I suggested a check to fanofaband for her DecaDynasty, but it uses mods and you would need to ask permission to do it. I've only had the bug for my whole town, but I'm trying to work out what's causing it for just a few sims.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1193 on: July 13, 2012, 07:25:13 AM »
Oh, yeah. I misinterpreted "stuck." Haha. MarianT, let me know if you can/cannot find a solution. If you need to use a mod temporarily for a fix, then that's okay too. Just uninstall the mod afterwards before continuing. Good luck.

thesweetestpea

« Reply #1194 on: July 13, 2012, 07:33:43 AM »
For reference, my suggested check was here:

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,11398.0.html

If it's not the aging flags, then I have no idea. Sorry. :(

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1195 on: July 13, 2012, 07:41:26 AM »
Thanks everyone! I'd hoped the problem would resolve itself when I returned to the game, but it's still there -- the toddlers are a day older, the parents not. Sweetpea, I'll try the mod, and if that doesn't work, I'll try evicting the family in Edit Town and moving them back into the same house.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

thesweetestpea

« Reply #1196 on: July 13, 2012, 07:50:46 AM »
Thanks everyone! I'd hoped the problem would resolve itself when I returned to the game, but it's still there -- the toddlers are a day older, the parents not. Sweetpea, I'll try the mod, and if that doesn't work, I'll try evicting the family in Edit Town and moving them back into the same house.

If neither of those works, another possible but very risky fix would be to use Twallan's advanced Reset Sim interaction, but I have no idea whether Metro will permit it or whether that's going to work.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1197 on: July 13, 2012, 07:54:29 AM »
Evicting the family in Edit Town should probably be your first choice, Marian. Use mods as a last resort, including Twallan's advanced Reset Sim.

thesweetestpea

« Reply #1198 on: July 13, 2012, 07:56:27 AM »
Evicting the family in Edit Town should probably be your first choice, Marian. Use mods as a last resort, including Twallan's advanced Reset Sim.

I wouldn't recommend the Reset Sim unless it's the last option left. I have only ever used it when sims get stuck in the middle of a birthday interaction, because it does some irreparable damage including the loss of wishes and the current clothes. Because I've never had the bug, I am wary about recommending potential fixes that could make gameplay even worse than it is with bugged aging.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1199 on: July 13, 2012, 08:14:37 AM »
I wouldn't recommend the Reset Sim unless it's the last option left. I have only ever used it when sims get stuck in the middle of a birthday interaction, because it does some irreparable damage including the loss of wishes and the current clothes. Because I've never had the bug, I am wary about recommending potential fixes that could make gameplay even worse than it is with bugged aging.

Oh, believe me, I'm not recommending it at all. Using any mod always comes with a "use at your own risk" kind of understanding.