Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643935 times)

Offline Cedia

• Llama Wrangler
  • I love Italian Greyhounds...
    • Poesies.com
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #1395 on: October 09, 2012, 02:42:14 PM »
That would be part of the fun though, I'd think!

"I've never played Morgana and Thornton Wolff. I should try it and see how it goes!"

You may discover new sims to love when you hated them before.

Meh.  I may just play the Sebastian and Ella challenge for myself.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #1396 on: October 09, 2012, 06:04:48 PM »
Just to clarify for myself ... the younger Dean who lives by himself in Riverview (in the converted fire station) is fair game for one of the starting sims for this challenge, isn't he? He lives by himself, his father is just part of a different household (the Grandpas one) in Riverview. Similarly with the other people in the towns who are adults, but have parent/s living somewhere else in town.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1397 on: October 09, 2012, 06:09:06 PM »
As long as parent & child do not live in the same house, you're fine.   It's the relationship of 1 parent and 1 child being in the same house that makes something off limits.  Doesn't matter age because no matter how old you are, you are always your mother's child.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #1398 on: October 09, 2012, 06:33:39 PM »
Thanks Ricalynn ... So George Dean and maybe ... hmmm Meadow Carpenter-Rhodes ... both with one or both parents living, just not in their household. They qualify, I do believe. Now to read up the rest of the requirements. :)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1399 on: October 09, 2012, 06:48:40 PM »
You don't have to choose people who have living parents.   Everyone is eligible as long as they don't live with Mom and/or Dad or grandparents.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #1400 on: October 09, 2012, 06:51:19 PM »
Or Son/Daughter and Grand Children?

Offline RaeLynn

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1401 on: October 12, 2012, 12:03:23 AM »
I have completed 6 photography collections.  Previously, I had completed 5 photography collections but the skill challenge said I only did 4.  I traveled to Egypt and the number of collections completed in the skill challenge area went back to 1.  I completed my 6th collection and now it says 2.  I should only need 5 to complete the challenge.   May I consider this skill challenge complete?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1402 on: October 12, 2012, 02:04:10 AM »
I have completed 6 photography collections.  Previously, I had completed 5 photography collections but the skill challenge said I only did 4.  I traveled to Egypt and the number of collections completed in the skill challenge area went back to 1.  I completed my 6th collection and now it says 2.  I should only need 5 to complete the challenge.   May I consider this skill challenge complete?

How many did it show when your Sim returned home?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline RaeLynn

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1403 on: October 12, 2012, 11:09:38 AM »
Ugh!  It's back to 4.  I guess the collections I complete while traveling don't count at home.  I have one more collection I am trying for at home.  Hopefully it will work this time.  It's just frustrating when I thought I would be able to focus on other things I still have to worry about this.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1404 on: October 12, 2012, 12:40:14 PM »
That sounds like a glitch to me, since some of the collections to be completed (if memory serves) can only be completed while travelling.

Metro's or Rica's final call, of course.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1405 on: October 12, 2012, 01:15:34 PM »
Ugh!  It's back to 4.  I guess the collections I complete while traveling don't count at home.  I have one more collection I am trying for at home.  Hopefully it will work this time.  It's just frustrating when I thought I would be able to focus on other things I still have to worry about this.

When you open up your skill journal to look at your photo collections - how many of them actually say complete next to the name?   If it's more than the challenge calls for - you're fine.  If you want just print screen a shot of it for your own records in case someone questions it (they won't, i'm just naturally suspicious of someone telling me I cheated).   Otherwise, move on.   Unless you want the game to actually recognize that you've completed it but there's no way to do that I don't think.   Maybe clear our your caches and DCbackup (except ccmerged).  It's like a couple of the other ones that are a little messed up.  You're fine.

Offline RaeLynn

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1406 on: October 12, 2012, 04:21:31 PM »
*facepalm* 

I was waiting for my horse to die to get Death Riding in the Pets in Action collection.  My heir was just too far away when he passed and death was far too quick in riding off with my horse.....  She was only at a neighbors house down the street!

Oh well.  I am considering this challenge complete.  The other collections look like a lot of work, if not impossible when going for HoF.  I did get a screenshot showing my problem however.  I clearly completed 6 collections but the challenge doesn't register it.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1407 on: October 12, 2012, 04:56:36 PM »
Yeah you're good.  Also - you never know - you may take a picture some day down the road and it will probably complete itself. 

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #1408 on: October 12, 2012, 07:47:56 PM »
Congrats RaeLynn, so 11 more strangers to photograph and then you'll supermax. :)

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #1409 on: October 16, 2012, 09:18:11 AM »
I've seen a lot of people with female heirs not marry someone because they were an elder. Does that mean it's against the rules to marry an elder?