Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 651407 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #1470 on: November 17, 2012, 11:08:19 AM »
I was under the impression that the only way the heir could move out of the house was by marrying a townie and moving in with him/her. Your suggestion makes it sound as if the heir could move out alone and then move in an alien (or anyone) and marry after the fact.
I looked back over the rules, and there is nothing explicitly said that the heir has to marry at the time of moving; however, it is implicit in that if the heir moves alone, then all the household money goes with him or her.

As far as strategy with regard to Seasons, you might give yourself 9-day Seasons. This will ensure that one season will have its holiday on the weekend, no matter which day of the week starts out as your holiday. Then, in future generations, time your trying for baby so that it will be a child during that season. (I didn't think to do this myself, so am stuck with Monday holidays.)

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1471 on: November 17, 2012, 11:21:04 AM »
I was under the impression that the only way the heir could move out of the house was by marrying a townie and moving in with him/her. Your suggestion makes it sound as if the heir could move out alone and then move in an alien (or anyone) and marry after the fact.
I looked back over the rules, and there is nothing explicitly said that the heir has to marry at the time of moving; however, it is implicit in that if the heir moves alone, then all the household money goes with him or her.

As far as strategy with regard to Seasons, you might give yourself 9-day Seasons. This will ensure that one season will have its holiday on the weekend, no matter which day of the week starts out as your holiday. Then, in future generations, time your trying for baby so that it will be a child during that season. (I didn't think to do this myself, so am stuck with Monday holidays.)

There are only two ways to move houses in this challenge - marry someone or have someone ask you to move in.   As the second one is highly unreliable, I wouldn't count on it but it could happen.   So yes you may have to marry someone to get into the new household while still an adult.   You can't move into a house by yourself as this is the Townie DecaDynasty so you have to move in with townies.   However it also says nowhere in the rules that the heir must be the result of married Sims in a household just that they are both living there.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #1472 on: November 18, 2012, 09:19:06 AM »
Is it okay if I go into Edit Town, and replace Central park with the festival lot?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1473 on: November 18, 2012, 10:42:22 AM »
Yes.  That is fine.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Susinok

• Townie
« Reply #1474 on: November 22, 2012, 06:43:31 PM »
What is the difference between purchasing a building and a property? A rabbit hole vs a non-rabbit hole?

Can you buy empty lots? I have not been able to figure out how to buy an empty lot.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1475 on: November 22, 2012, 06:47:31 PM »
You cannot purchase an empty lot through real estate.  A building is usually a rabbit hole.  A property is any lot purchasable that doesn't have a rabbit hole on it so parks, fishing holes and beaches.   When you go to purchase your real estate using the in game real estate it will say what is a building and what is a property.

Offline Susinok

• Townie
« Reply #1476 on: November 22, 2012, 06:49:39 PM »
OK thank you. I'm new at the real estate business, and even though I read the guides and many threads here, I didn't understand.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1477 on: November 22, 2012, 06:56:37 PM »
That's fine.   If you have any questions, no matter how small and minor.  Feel free to ask and someone will give you an answer.  If you felt more comfortable, you could even send me a private message.  I would rather you be 100% certain of every move you make than not be sure and then make a mistake that could cost you HOF status (if you care about that kind of thing). 

Offline PrincessMimi

• Townie
« Reply #1478 on: November 24, 2012, 04:47:43 PM »
This may be a silly thing to ask, but is it possible to complete this dynasty with JUST the base game?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1479 on: November 24, 2012, 04:49:48 PM »
It was made to be completed by base game.  You just have more options if you have expansions.

Offline PrincessMimi

• Townie
« Reply #1480 on: November 24, 2012, 05:11:31 PM »
Great! Thanks for your quick reply. :)

Offline maisie

• Occult
« Reply #1481 on: November 30, 2012, 09:35:06 AM »
Hello, thats my first post in this forum.  :)
I've started a DecaDynasty and now, at the start of the 2. generation, I have aging issues: No sim is aging, neither the sims in my active household nor the townies. I've tried some things: Restart from an earlier save, seperate the household, moving them to the clipboard and back. Nothing solved the issue. So, I've some questions:

1. Am I allowed to move to another town (maybe Riverview)?
2. Can I take some sims with me that aren't Dynasty-members (means the 1. generation-heirs spouses sibling, their cousin, his wife and a friend of the family)? All of them are living in the household at the moment, so it would only be the heirs household who is moving.
3. After the move, would I be allowed to place some EA-created houses to increase the population? (I'm really not sure whether I understand the Edit Town-post ^^""")
4. There is this marry-and-not-move-in-togehter-bug. Is it ok to place via edit town a spare or other household-member that isn't the heir in their new spouses house after their marriage?

It would be a real pity for me to quit this dynasty because I really love this family and I started with two unusual founders (Thornton Wolff & Emma Hatch).

P.S.: I'm German, so I'm hoping there aren't various mistakes. My last English lesson was some time ago.  ;)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1482 on: November 30, 2012, 10:12:29 AM »
Welcome to the forum Maisie.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

First thing, never try anything in Edit Town without permission.  This includes fixing known bugs.   Always have permission to do them before trying because using Edit Town is against the rules. It will be Metro's call on whether or not you can change towns or if he wants to consider this a non HOF file/failed because you did things without asking first.   If it becomes a non HOF file, you can choose to start over or you can continue however you wish. 

That being said - EA-created houses are not allowed.  Only EA-created community lots.  And even then only at the start of a file.   

If you are allowed to change towns, you cannot take anyone but the current household.  As long as they are a part of the current household, you can move them with your heir.

The marriage bug is a known bug.  It fixes itself with the installation of seasons and we're waiting for the patch that should fix it.   Until that time players are authorized only to use Edit Town to move houses for heirs.   Spares and their spouses can move in together and then move out as long as you have space. 

You said you don't think you understand the Edit Town post.  As the author of that post, you can feel free to ask me any questions you want so that you are absolutely certain you understand.  You can ask them here or in a private message whichever you prefer.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1483 on: December 06, 2012, 09:11:08 AM »
I have a question regarding collections -- Are things that were created through the conversion ritual or use of Vladimir's cauldron allowed?
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1484 on: December 06, 2012, 09:46:07 AM »
No, I don't think so.  I'll ask Metro but I don't see him approving them.   Let you know what he says.

anything