Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 651516 times)

Offline heatherliz2002

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #1515 on: December 20, 2012, 01:32:27 PM »
The marriage issue is resolved with Seasons.

Thank goodness!  That was getting super annoying.  Thanks for the quick reply  :)

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #1516 on: December 21, 2012, 08:23:20 AM »
Thank goodness!  That was getting super annoying.  Thanks for the quick reply  :)

You can also move the spouse in via the friendly options.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1517 on: December 21, 2012, 09:44:32 AM »
You can also move the spouse in via the friendly options.

This doesn't work for heirs though.  Since the point is to move into the other house. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #1518 on: December 21, 2012, 02:00:34 PM »
This doesn't work for heirs though.  Since the point is to move into the other house.
Sorry I'm getting confused with the life states dynasty!
Bubbles's Workshop

Offline heatherliz2002

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1519 on: December 22, 2012, 12:35:32 PM »
My heir isn't ready to move yet, so I will probably just play another file until I get Seasons and the issue is resolved.  Thanks again!

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #1520 on: December 22, 2012, 06:04:10 PM »
I'm planning on starting a DecaDynasty soon and want all four seasons each about a week or so long. Does anyone know how I can get it so each holiday is on the weekend?
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1521 on: December 22, 2012, 06:07:39 PM »
If you do 7 days, I think each holiday will be on Friday and if you do 8 days it will change every week.   If you do 14 days though, it might work better but still it might be every other friday off.  I'm currently doing 10 each on my life states and that seems to be working.. for now.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #1522 on: December 22, 2012, 06:19:18 PM »
My current game has it set to 14 days and holidays have fallen on a Thursday in the second week of each season. Perhaps 16 will make it Saturday, I don't know if the holiday falls so many days before end of season or not, i'm sort of assuming they do.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #1523 on: December 22, 2012, 06:25:37 PM »
Wouldn't it be great if we could decide which days the holidays were on!

I'm currently leaning towards 14 days or 21 days each season. Most likely 14.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1524 on: December 22, 2012, 09:10:05 PM »
I've not had it come on a Friday yet. I use 9 days, which guarantees that it will be on a weekend at least once a year.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #1525 on: December 23, 2012, 02:28:37 AM »
For 1 week I find it always falls on a Thursday. I have been thinking about trying other year spans.
Bubbles's Workshop

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #1526 on: December 24, 2012, 12:48:32 AM »
I've places all the lots I need into my DecaDynasty world but before I begin I want to just make sure I haven't broken any rules with my placements. I did fail something because of the Edit Town rule.

I added two new empty lots to the area around the Racket house and added MN8 and V's Coffeehouse from Showtime. On the same road as the Stadium and towards the bridge into the rich person area, I placed two empty lots and added Rodeo Go Go and Performance Park from Showtime. Near Juan Darer's house, I placed a new lot and put Varg's Tavern from Supernatural on it. I placed the elixir shop, the dog and cat parks that came with Pets, Port-a-Party from Showtime and the dive bar from Pets onto empty lots. I replaced the community garden with the Vampire Lounge from Supernatural and the Amphitheatre with the Brotherhood of Fine Fellows Hall from Showtime. I finally placed the Binder Clips Centre from Showtime near the Brotherhood Hall.

I am right to go?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1527 on: December 24, 2012, 12:50:38 AM »
I've places all the lots I need into my DecaDynasty world but before I begin I want to just make sure I haven't broken any rules with my placements. I did fail something because of the Edit Town rule.

I added two new empty lots to the area around the Racket house and added MN8 and V's Coffeehouse from Showtime. On the same road as the Stadium and towards the bridge into the rich person area, I placed two empty lots and added Rodeo Go Go and Performance Park from Showtime. Near Juan Darer's house, I placed a new lot and put Varg's Tavern from Supernatural on it. I placed the elixir shop, the dog and cat parks that came with Pets, Port-a-Party from Showtime and the dive bar from Pets onto empty lots. I replaced the community garden with the Vampire Lounge from Supernatural and the Amphitheatre with the Brotherhood of Fine Fellows Hall from Showtime. I finally placed the Binder Clips Centre from Showtime near the Brotherhood Hall.

I am right to go?

No.. the bolded part is a broken rule.   Players are not allowed to get rid of any lots that come with a town unless they are empty.  You have to keep the community garden.  The reason it's on the list is you can change the designation.  Not get rid of it.  This means you can make it a big park but the lot itself must stay the same.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #1528 on: December 24, 2012, 12:52:09 AM »
No.. the bolded part is a broken rule.   Players are not allowed to get rid of any lots that come with a town unless they are empty.  You have to keep the community garden.  The reason it's on the list is you can change the designation.  Not get rid of it.  This means you can make it a big park but the lot itself must stay the same.
Glad I checked. When I looked over the list earlier I must have misread what it said. Thanks.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1529 on: December 24, 2012, 12:54:31 AM »
The reason we allow players to change the designation is so they can buy it and put whatever they want on it through the real estate feature.  That may be where the confusion lies.   It's kind of like wanting to add the arboretum without placing the lot.  You would change the community garden to big park before you start then when you have money - you buy the garden and place the arboretum down later.  You would lose the property but you would gain the arboretum.

anything