Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 651439 times)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #1590 on: February 02, 2013, 11:04:10 AM »
And while you have to count an unborn child of a woman living inside the household as a household member, there's nothing saying you can't move in a man to seed the town and provide potential spouses. I don't know where I'd be without that method!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1591 on: February 02, 2013, 11:35:16 AM »
Before you clarified the point about newly pregnant household members, I had Betty Simovitch get pregnant and then moved her out. Her son is married to my Gen 4 heir. Does that mean my decadynasty has failed?
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1592 on: February 02, 2013, 11:36:26 AM »
Before you clarified the point about newly pregnant household members, I had Betty Simovitch get pregnant and then moved her out. Her son is married to my Gen 4 heir. Does that mean my decadynasty has failed?

No you're fine.  They key is you did it before we said it.  If you did it after we said it, then it would be a problem.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1593 on: February 02, 2013, 11:45:33 AM »
Whew! Thanks. You probably should put something in the rules, though for future reference.

Offline hitch82

• Nooboo
« Reply #1594 on: February 03, 2013, 03:47:09 PM »
OK got frustrated with baby boomer glitches so I am starting this challenge simultaneously so I have something to flip back and forth between! It sounds interesting and I never play Townies so I had to go in the game and figure out how to choose a household to begin with! Now I read the rules and printed out the nifty little spreadsheet. I want to clarify something for myself because I got confused on a wording here at the end of the thread.

I'm afraid that is a loss of HOF eligibility(failure) because the heir has to be the oldest child to the former heir and the spouse.   So it even means you can't marry someone who has children from a previous relationship.

This says former heir. What if it is a beginning person? Such as I just started with Lorraine Cantina and she is just now starting a relationship with Walter Grisby who apparently has a daughter. Would she still be allowed to marry him and move just him in or does she need to find someone else? I am going to go ahead and break them up and assume that the bold lettering above is the final say, anyone, no matter if they are former heirs or the first people, are not allowed to marry in if they have previous children.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #1595 on: February 03, 2013, 03:48:46 PM »
The founding spouse isn't bound to that restriction. Lorraine can marry him, he just can't take his daughter along for the ride.

Offline hitch82

• Nooboo
« Reply #1596 on: February 03, 2013, 03:59:47 PM »
Sweet! Glad I checked back before logging back into my game! Thanks for the quick response. Now on to playing the decadynasty!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #1597 on: February 04, 2013, 09:54:48 AM »
Question regarding spouses: am I allowed to marry a sim off to a same-sex partner, move someone else in, and have them have the baby with the moved in non-spouse?

I've run into a bit of a problem for my gen 8 heir in that she can't find an eligible male. Every male in town is related to her, a vampire, or an NPC. I've also started getting error 12s constantly in my file. So what I'd like to do is marry her off to one of the eligible women (there are a few non NPC, non vamp women around), use up my second town move, and then have her move in a man at the new house and for him to be the father of generation 9. I think from reading the rules that that's okay, but I though I'd check before I did it.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1598 on: February 04, 2013, 09:57:24 AM »
Question regarding spouses: am I allowed to marry a sim off to a same-sex partner, move someone else in, and have them have the baby with the moved in non-spouse?

I've run into a bit of a problem for my gen 8 heir in that she can't find an eligible male. Every male in town is related to her, a vampire, or an NPC. I've also started getting error 12s constantly in my file. So what I'd like to do is marry her off to one of the eligible women (there are a few non NPC, non vamp women around), use up my second town move, and then have her move in a man at the new house and for him to be the father of generation 9. I think from reading the rules that that's okay, but I though I'd check before I did it.

Answer to question: Yes as long as the two people live under the same roof.  Remember you can cure vampires if you have supernatural.  But otherwise yeah that's good. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #1599 on: February 04, 2013, 10:01:32 AM »
Answer to question: Yes as long as the two people live under the same roof.  Remember you can cure vampires if you have supernatural.  But otherwise yeah that's good. 

Thanks! Yeah, I did think about trying to cure the vamps but seeing as I need to move town anyway and I didn't put the alchemy consignment store into Lunar Lakes I thought this way would be easier.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1600 on: February 04, 2013, 10:13:09 AM »
Thanks! Yeah, I did think about trying to cure the vamps but seeing as I need to move town anyway and I didn't put the alchemy consignment store into Lunar Lakes I thought this way would be easier.

Good luck!

Anna33

« Reply #1601 on: February 04, 2013, 03:42:47 PM »
I am going to get my spare sim pregnant by a Vampire, If she is pregnant when I move her out would that mean the dynasty has failed because unborn sims count as household members?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1602 on: February 04, 2013, 03:45:45 PM »
I don't think so. Your unborn sim is kind of like Schrodinger's cat -- we don't know whether the infant is a vampire or not, so I think you'd get the benefit of the doubt.

Anna33

« Reply #1603 on: February 04, 2013, 03:52:02 PM »
Oh good! Thanks Marian

Offline Ceewah

• Nooboo
« Reply #1604 on: February 06, 2013, 07:09:40 PM »
I have a few questions:
1. Can we start the DecaDynasty with Claire because she hasn't had her baby yet? Or would that still be against the rules?
2. For the NPC requirement, are we going to have 10 NPC's on the lot or friends with all of them. I've heard it both ways.
3. Can we tweak the age sliders as long as we stay with in normal life span. e.g.- 2 baby days and 5 toddler days since that only shortens the life by 3 days.
Thank you in advance.

anything