Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 366656 times)

Offline StratfordT

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #1625 on: February 15, 2013, 08:56:45 PM »
Do we have to keep the same last name going throughout all ten generations? For story purposes I'd like to change it for each heir.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #1626 on: February 15, 2013, 08:57:38 PM »
That's perfectly fine to do. In fact, it's a nice little twist in my opinion. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shady eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1627 on: February 15, 2013, 09:09:22 PM »
OK, just to verify, I choose a single sim as my founder, and she wants to marry a man with a teen.  Initially (the last time I started this a long time ago) the ruling was no restrictions on who could move in with the founder's spouse. 

However, now I am reading that only the spouse can be move in with the founder but when the heirs move it can be into a house with other children?  Am I interpreting this correctly?

EDIT: The rules state that there are no limitations to moving sims in and out, however the comment that there can't be any stepchildren in the house is where my confusion comes.

Two founders:   No stepchildren are allowed to move in with the original two founders.   The reason for this is the heir needs to have significance.  If the heir isn't the oldest, what's the significance?

Each remaining generation - the heir and the heir's spouse are not allowed to have children prior to the new heir.   

Also the rules now state there can be no children in the house older than the heir.  Stepchildren would be older and therefore against the rules.

To help with confusion:

Metro stating this on Page 42

Reiteration by Ratchie on Page 52

Do we have to keep the same last name going throughout all ten generations? For story purposes I'd like to change it for each heir.
That's fine - just remember that because your heir is the one that will do the proposing.  The name will automatically remain the same and you'll need to change them at City Hall each time you move into the new home.
Origin ID: Ricalynn
Current Active Stories: Artie's TS4 Dynasty || Grim Rivalries

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #1628 on: February 23, 2013, 11:47:05 AM »
Alright, I just need some clarification.

What is the rule about moving in non-related children or teens? It would be possible in Bridgeport if someone, say, started with a single man and married Cressida Wells, who could bring the non-related teen Elspeth Cook along for the ride.

That's probably banned, but are there any rules against moving in Elspeth for whatever reason once she grows up?

(Why yes, I'm starting my decadynasty in Bridgeport. I see it as a "I know the risks and I'm still doing it" sort of thing)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1629 on: February 23, 2013, 11:51:19 AM »
Alright, I just need some clarification.

What is the rule about moving in non-related children or teens? It would be possible in Bridgeport if someone, say, started with a single man and married Cressida Wells, who could bring the non-related teen Elspeth Cook along for the ride.

That's probably banned, but are there any rules against moving in Elspeth for whatever reason once she grows up?

(Why yes, I'm starting my decadynasty in Bridgeport. I see it as a "I know the risks and I'm still doing it" sort of thing)

Elspeth would be a child older than the heir if you moved her in as a teenager.   But if she's a young adult then she's not a child. 

As for using Bridgeport - now that we allow two town moves - hey why not.  When it gets bad, go visit Twinbrook or Riverview.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1630 on: February 25, 2013, 05:24:34 PM »
Aurora Skies Edit Town update:

With the addition of Aurora Skies to the town list, the Edit Town rules clarifications have been updated to show the new lots that are eligible for lot reassignment. 

• Aurora Skies
    • Fiskar Fishing Park
    • Sundhöll Community Pool (to Pool only)
    • Sustainable Community Garden
    • Lend and Learn Library (to Library only)
    • Placid Park
    • Björn Café

These are the lots that are allowed to be changed as per the previously clarified Edit Town rules.  (link)

If you have already started a dynasty, these options are not available to you.   Do not go back into Edit Town without permission just like before.    There are exceptions this time to the list because for some reason the town creators forgot to make the library a library and one of the pools was marked no visitors.  So they are free to get the designation their descriptions say they are. 

The new hot air balloon is a piece of premium content; it is not a rabbit hole therefore it is not acceptable to copy the lot with the umbrella to put into older saves.   You can purchase the balloon on any lot. 

As always if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.  It's better to know than to wonder and find out you were wrong. 

Happy Simming!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1631 on: February 25, 2013, 08:03:21 PM »
Until further notice, the use of a dresser to plan an outfit is only allowed between the time a Sim ages up and midnight on his/her birthday.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1632 on: February 27, 2013, 09:26:51 PM »
I try reading or search through 66 pages of text, having a major headache now.   Hoping someone here can clear up before i start my attempt.

The 10 items --

Display table -- no
Convertion ritual -- no
Martial Arts break boards -- yes ?
Pets dig up -- yes ?
Miner dig up -- yes ?

Online MarianT

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1633 on: February 27, 2013, 09:29:18 PM »
Nutella, you're correct. You can also make them or find them, and others in the household besides the heir can contribute.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1634 on: February 27, 2013, 09:35:20 PM »
Marian-

Thank you, lifesaver!  Ya i had gems in my mind, thinking about the best way to get my hands on them without using display table or convertion ritual.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #1635 on: February 28, 2013, 11:04:53 AM »
The new dumpster diving that came with the patch gives gems as well, I've even found Tiberium in there. But I have discovered they don't show up as collected in the journal unless you put them on the ground and collect them again.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1636 on: March 03, 2013, 02:39:16 PM »
Small update for all players that plan on getting University Life.

The challenge team formally asks that all players hold off on using any University life content in their dynasties.  If you are receiving the game and want to explore, please do so in a non dynasty file until some rulings have been made about what is allowed and not allowed.   Using content that later becomes banned or restricted may result in a failure/loss of HOF status. 

If you do come across something that should be addressed, don't hesitate to tell the team in a PM or on one of the dynasty threads so they can look into it.   Please don't hold back any information either in an effort to keep it allowable in dynasties.  Eventually we will know all information about the expansion pack but we don't want anyone to have to start over if they don't have to.  Expansion packs are crazy things for those of us who enforce the rules and this one will be no exception. 

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1637 on: March 04, 2013, 05:36:11 PM »
Just a reminder for anyone who got University Life early.  If the team hasn't said that it's allowed then that means it's not allowed.  Please wait to play your dynasty games until we've had a chance to check them out.   Especially when it comes to placing the new lot types.   You only get one chance to enter Edit Town on pre-existing games.  Don't skip that chance just because we haven't said you could yet.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #1638 on: March 04, 2013, 11:32:23 PM »
For the 10 items left behind, can we use items converted by a witch? Say, just the butterflies or metals or some such?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1639 on: March 04, 2013, 11:34:34 PM »
For the 10 items left behind, can we use items converted by a witch? Say, just the butterflies or metals or some such?

Converted items are not a separate category.   Butterflies and metals are already collectible categories.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #1640 on: March 05, 2013, 12:19:36 AM »
Sorry, should have phrased that better. I just wanted to make sure they're allowed under the metal or butterfly category, since they are created. Or are they off limits like the transfiguration table?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1641 on: March 05, 2013, 12:21:11 AM »
Sorry, should have phrased that better. I just wanted to make sure they're allowed under the metal or butterfly category, since they are created. Or are they off limits like the transfiguration table?

About 6 posts above your first one, it's confirmed that conversion ritual = no.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #1642 on: March 05, 2013, 12:29:57 AM »
I don't know why someone would want to do this, but after your original couple have had their child, can you move one or the other out of the household?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1643 on: March 05, 2013, 12:32:07 AM »
I don't know why someone would want to do this, but after your original couple have had their child, can you move one or the other out of the household?

You could but that person would never ever be allowed into that house or another house as a roommate/housemate/whatever.  Plus you lose the opportunity to kill one of them off for the tombstone requirement.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #1644 on: March 05, 2013, 12:33:26 AM »
About 6 posts above your first one, it's confirmed that conversion ritual = no.

Ugh, somehow read right over that one somehow. So sorry!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1645 on: March 05, 2013, 12:33:57 AM »
Ugh, somehow read right over that one somehow. So sorry!

It's all good!   Happy Simming!

Offline Dltndav

• Townie
« Reply #1646 on: March 07, 2013, 09:19:48 PM »
Aging seems to be broken in my dynasty, I noticed no one's ages (in the household) were going up and then I checked the memories of my heir, it turns out he aged up to YA 21 days ago so it was his birthday, so since I know it's his birthday can I age him up? And then I guess I need to switch towns since aging is broken? Or can I wait a day just to see if moving houses will fix it? And then if I end up moving towns, we just save the household to the bin and buy any house they can afford in any neighborhood, correct?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1647 on: March 07, 2013, 09:38:54 PM »
Have you tried moving them to the clipboard and back into the house to see if that helps?   And yeah if it's been 21 days go ahead and age him up AFTER you've tried the clipboard trick.

Offline Dltndav

• Townie
« Reply #1648 on: March 07, 2013, 11:34:48 PM »
Moving them to the clipboard didn't work, so then I guess I'll age him up. When he moves homes, if aging is still screwed up can I just keep track of each of their ages?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1649 on: March 07, 2013, 11:50:11 PM »
I'd rather find a solution than for you to have to do that for the rest of the dynasty.   It would probably be better to use one of your available town moves.