Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 653479 times)

Offline Lallaith

• Nooboo
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #1695 on: March 25, 2013, 06:54:16 AM »
regarding the restrictions on moving with items and the 10 objects... do i have to empty my heir's inventory before they move, or just the family inventory? if they can take items in their inventory, could i do something like hoard 10 paintings for a few generations and then use them as the 10 objects for a later house?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1696 on: March 25, 2013, 07:49:36 AM »
No, you can't hoard the paintings for a few generations. That's why there's the rule about emptying the heir's inventory.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1697 on: March 25, 2013, 10:57:11 AM »
regarding the restrictions on moving with items and the 10 objects... do i have to empty my heir's inventory before they move, or just the family inventory? if they can take items in their inventory, could i do something like hoard 10 paintings for a few generations and then use them as the 10 objects for a later house?

Nothing in any of the inventories except what's already allowed in the rules.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Lallaith

• Nooboo
« Reply #1698 on: March 27, 2013, 03:44:34 AM »
thanks for clearng that up  ;D

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #1699 on: March 28, 2013, 07:56:00 AM »
Just to make sure I've got this straight:

-only the heir moves to the next house, nobody else
-elixirs other than age changing or life state changing ones are fine (exception being cure elixirs on non-humans and age altering ones on non-heirs)
-brain enhancement machines are fine
-the items left behind can be the same thing (10 cockroaches, for example)
-relationship transmogrification is fine

And I've got a few questions too.
Heirs must SuperMax a unique skill—no other heir can SuperMax the same skill. SuperMax means that not only is the skill maxed, but all related skill challenges have also been completed.
If Gen1 supermaxes athletic, does that mean Gen2 can have level 10 atheletic as long as they don't supermax it?  So it's different from the Immortal dynasty rules?

Heirs are allowed to move into a house with Vampire/Genie/Werewolf/Fairies that have not been cured provided all Vampire/Genie/Werewolf/Fairies are moved out the same day the heir moves in.
If an heir moves into a household of witches, can everyone in the household be kicked out so only the heir remains?

Along the same lines, an heir doesn't have to move into a future spouse's household, correct?  They can move into a new house and then invite the spouse to join, yes?

I'd like to attempt this challenge, but I've still got immortal dynasty rules on the brain.  Just thinking about sending a non-heir household member to get tattooed gives me shivers.   ;D

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1700 on: March 28, 2013, 08:27:09 AM »
Just to make sure I've got this straight:

-only the heir moves to the next house, nobody else
-elixirs other than age changing or life state changing ones are fine (exception being cure elixirs on non-humans and age altering ones on non-heirs)
-brain enhancement machines are fine
-the items left behind can be the same thing (10 cockroaches, for example)
-relationship transmogrification is fine

And I've got a few questions too.If Gen1 supermaxes athletic, does that mean Gen2 can have level 10 atheletic as long as they don't supermax it?  So it's different from the Immortal dynasty rules?
If an heir moves into a household of witches, can everyone in the household be kicked out so only the heir remains?

Along the same lines, an heir doesn't have to move into a future spouse's household, correct?  They can move into a new house and then invite the spouse to join, yes?

I'd like to attempt this challenge, but I've still got immortal dynasty rules on the brain.  Just thinking about sending a non-heir household member to get tattooed gives me shivers.   ;D

yes, only the heir moves
potent cure elixirs can be used on non-humans before they move in
brain enhancement machines are fine
10 cockroaches (or pink diamonds) would be fine
I'm not sure about relationship transmogrification, probably fine

with regard to supermaxing, it's the same as the Immortal Dynasty. Gen 2 can't get to level 10 of gen 1's supermax, and a former heir can't get to level 10 of gen 2's supermax. But at least you don't have to worry about several previous generations.

I'm pretty sure that you have to move into the spouse's house. Finding someone to marry who lives in a house is part of the challenge. A couple of exceptions were made when one of the patches produced a glitch whereby the option to move didn't show up after sims got married.

You can kick out anybody. However, you have to kick out vampires, fairies, and werewolves as soon as you move in. Witches can be part of the household because their life-span is that of humans.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1701 on: March 28, 2013, 08:39:48 AM »
Marian's got it all right.   The Relationship app is fine.   It's so random what you get.   Remember the items you leave behind can be the same item but you can't leave 10 cockroaches at one house and try to leave behind 10 rainbow beetles at another.  Beetles are only allowed to be left at one house.

The term supermax will now and forever always has included maxing as part of something being supermaxed.   If it's a unique skill, it can't be maxed by anyone else.

You have to move into a townie house within the adult life stage.  The easiest way to do this is to get married.    It's very rare for someone to ask you to move in these days and if someone moves into your house, you can't take them with you.   So while the answer is No they don't have to move into the spouse's household - you could fail the challenge waiting for someone to invite you over.  An Heir cannot move into an empty house.  It's a townie challenge - you have to live with townies.   And the clock on getting an heir born stays the same for each house

Yes there are some things you can do with non heirs in this challenge you can't do in the other one - don't forget plastic surgery on spouses.  You could totally give the spouses a new eye color, pointed ears and a new nose.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #1702 on: March 28, 2013, 10:12:50 AM »
Thanks for the replies!  I keep forgetting the ask to move in option doesn't go both ways.  For some reason I think it used to, but I could be mixing it up with the marriage moving options.

So if I've got the moving in/out thing straight, I could have the heir get married, move in with the spouse, divorce the spouse and kick them out, then marry someone else, move the new spouse in and have an heir with them, as long as it's within the ten day deadline?  The main reason I ask is I'm trying to figure out how to introduce original townie genetics when a town jump is made.  Even waiting a generation could mean half the town is dead or moved out (at least, that's how ruthless my game's story progression can be at times).

And just to double check, the parents of the heir don't actually have to be married at any time, do they?  They just need to be living in the household together when the heir is born.

The first named child born into a new house is your DecaDynasty heir. There can be no other children within the household older than the heir
  When an heir marries a spouse and moves into their house, is it okay if the spouse's parents are in the house, or does that make the spouse technically a child in the household older than the yet-to-be-conceived heir?  I'm talking adult age ranges for all involved (adult heir, young adult+ spouse, and adult+ parents).

One more quick question - are sketches considered a separate item category from paintings, or are they considered the same for the leave ten items behind requirement?

Thanks again for helping me sort this out!!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1703 on: March 28, 2013, 10:16:03 AM »
Thanks for the replies!  I keep forgetting the ask to move in option doesn't go both ways.  For some reason I think it used to, but I could be mixing it up with the marriage moving options.

So if I've got the moving in/out thing straight, I could have the heir get married, move in with the spouse, divorce the spouse and kick them out, then marry someone else, move the new spouse in and have an heir with them, as long as it's within the ten day deadline?  The main reason I ask is I'm trying to figure out how to introduce original townie genetics when a town jump is made.  Even waiting a generation could mean half the town is dead or moved out (at least, that's how ruthless my game's story progression can be at times).

And just to double check, the parents of the heir don't actually have to be married at any time, do they?  They just need to be living in the household together when the heir is born.
  When an heir marries a spouse and moves into their house, is it okay if the spouse's parents are in the house, or does that make the spouse technically a child in the household older than the yet-to-be-conceived heir?  I'm talking adult age ranges for all involved (adult heir, young adult+ spouse, and adult+ parents).

One more quick question - are sketches considered a separate item category from paintings, or are they considered the same for the leave ten items behind requirement?

Thanks again for helping me sort this out!!

The heir just has to be the result of two Sims living in the same house.  So no the parents don't have to married at all.  You could even do the affair thing.   

As long as the future spouse doesn't have children - you're fine.  There can be no children in the house but I think grandparents are fine. 

Sketches are a result of the painting skill meaning they are the same collection. 

Oh and since you obviously have University Life - might I mention DNA samples as a way to keep townie genetics.  Just grow a Hank Goddard in your first house (after the heir is born) and have him father a child right before your heir moves.  Then stay best friends with the mother and child so that the new heir can marry that child.   Or something like that.  Just remember aging up has to be done on birthdays even for clone Hanks.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1704 on: March 30, 2013, 08:44:28 PM »
@Margerita -- Plasma bugs are beetles.  Despite not being able to find them in the world, they count for that collection instead of one of their own. 

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #1705 on: March 31, 2013, 08:46:27 AM »
@Rica : Awesome news, that means I can use them for one of the collections.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #1706 on: April 01, 2013, 04:06:46 AM »
Sorry if this question has already been answered and clearly stated somewhere! Can our founding household own any pets at the start of the game?
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1707 on: April 01, 2013, 06:30:50 AM »
Sure -- you can acquire pets at any time. If it turns out that the spouse you choose has any pets, they can become part of your household.

Anna33

« Reply #1708 on: April 02, 2013, 08:56:16 AM »
I have been wondering about this for a while but would you be able to do a dynasty with Susan and Boyd as Blair is not in the house, or would that be against the rules?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #1709 on: April 02, 2013, 08:58:37 AM »
Someone earlier in the thread got the green-light to do it, but I'm not sure if the Team ever changed their mind on the issue.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

anything