Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 651222 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #1740 on: April 06, 2013, 12:22:48 PM »
The lists are currently being put together.   I was going to link them all in the rules from this thread possibly if that's what rachel wanted to do.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #1741 on: April 06, 2013, 12:33:23 PM »
Can I add a couple missed off the Riverview one, Don Lothario and Hal Breckenridge.

Somebody like Sherman or Rhoda Bagley would they be spouse only as they live with their mother? So for example if you started with Don he could marry Rhoda, hot headed nightmare but still within the rules as I understand them.

I think if I do ever restart this I'll stick with Hannah and Aiden Jones, less confusing for me and they had such nice kids.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1742 on: April 06, 2013, 12:43:27 PM »
Oh yes Sherman and Rhona would be allowed just as a spouse. I will add them along with Don and Hal.

Rica would it be an idea to link to the lists from both the first page of the townie decadynasty challenge thread and the the decadynasty hints and tips thread. Well you know once we have the lists done.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #1743 on: April 06, 2013, 05:12:34 PM »
Thank you for putting the lists together, Ratchie.

Edit: Ignore my previous question, I re-read the list, and Thornton is in it

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1744 on: April 06, 2013, 05:13:37 PM »
Thank you for putting the lists together, Ratchie.

Would Thornton Wolf also be allowable in Sunset Valley? He doesn't seem to be included on that list of allowable founders.

He's on the list under Xander.   At first I thought she kept sideburns to herself but he's there.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1745 on: April 06, 2013, 08:49:29 PM »
As much as I would like to keep sideburns to myself I will try and be a team player and share.

Rachel

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #1746 on: April 07, 2013, 09:41:48 AM »
As George Dean's father lives with Melvin and Henry, would either of those two men have to move into the house of a potential female founder? Or is there some other reason why (for example) Elaine Joy is listed as (spouse only).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1747 on: April 07, 2013, 09:51:48 AM »
Elaine lives with her father which makes that house ineligible for a starting house. However people are free to marry Elaine.

Rachel

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #1748 on: April 07, 2013, 09:55:07 AM »
Why couldn't her father be moved out into the other house? I am not trying to be argumentative, I'm trying to understand.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1749 on: April 07, 2013, 09:58:56 AM »
You are not allowed to start in a house that has children. The age of the children does not matter.
The founders of a decadynasty have to be childless this is why Elaine Joy is allowed as a spouse as she has no children but her father already has children so it therefore ineligible.

So it would not be permitted to even start at the Joy house.

Rachel

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #1750 on: April 07, 2013, 10:05:04 AM »
Thank you for explaining that, Rachel.

So, if one chose to start with Melvin or Henry, would something have to be done with George (non fatally) I mean, or because he can't be the founder, it doesn't matter that he's in the house?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1751 on: April 07, 2013, 10:07:02 AM »
Georges child doesn't live with them does he?

So you wouldn't have to do anything with George of course you can move him out if you want but remember he would not be able to live with the family again.

Rachel

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #1752 on: April 07, 2013, 10:21:45 AM »
Final question, I think, at least for now. It is just after midnight local time. I've read the first post, in the thread, and I read where it talks about curing banned supernaturals before moving into a house, but what happens if you choose, let's say (for the sake of an example) the Grandpa's House as your first household. You've turned on supernaturals. On going in you find that all three of them are banned supernaturals. Have you failed before you've even begun, or do you have the chance to at least do something about that?

Dek

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1753 on: April 07, 2013, 11:43:00 AM »
Final question, I think, at least for now. It is just after midnight local time. I've read the first post, in the thread, and I read where it talks about curing banned supernaturals before moving into a house, but what happens if you choose, let's say (for the sake of an example) the Grandpa's House as your first household. You've turned on supernaturals. On going in you find that all three of them are banned supernaturals. Have you failed before you've even begun, or do you have the chance to at least do something about that?

Dek

If you choose the Grandpas household as your starting household, they will never become supernatural without your help.   If you go to move someone in from a household and they change after they've moved in because story progression had them targeted, you have to cure them immediately.  If you don't have the money for the cure, come back to the challenge team and we might let you go back to before that person moved in but a banned supernatural cannot stay in the house for any length of time.    We can't say that this will happen.  It is not permission.  We do not give preemptive permission.   If it hasn't happened, it's not an issue.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #1754 on: April 07, 2013, 07:06:32 PM »
Thank you Ricalynn. As you can probably tell, I don't have experience with playing townies in games with supernaturals turned on.

anything