Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 653376 times)

MeganNicole

Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #1965 on: January 07, 2014, 07:51:48 PM »
Okay, I just wanted to double-check. Thank you so much for all of the help!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1966 on: January 11, 2014, 09:04:03 AM »
I was wondering if toys made on the machine that comes with Midnight Hollow could be counted as a collection item?
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1967 on: January 11, 2014, 05:38:01 PM »
I don't think the toys should be counted as a collection as it requires a store bought item and while we don't mind players using store items to play dynasties. The baby swing for instance I feel that items for a collection should come via normal game play.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

MeganNicole

« Reply #1968 on: January 13, 2014, 04:07:51 AM »
Sorry to post again, but I thought of a couple other questions I have:

1. Since non-heirs aren't tied to the life-extending restrictions, does the same go for spouses? For instance, if I wanted to use a makeover or tattoo to age down my founder's spouse due to an age gap.

2. Occasionally, my game will freeze up and I'm forced to exit. I try to remember to save often, but sometimes I forget since I get wrapped up in gameplay.  :) Would having to close the game due to a freezing problem be considered quitting without saving?

Thank you so much!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1969 on: January 13, 2014, 05:58:21 PM »
1. Since non-heirs aren't tied to the life-extending restrictions, does the same go for spouses? For instance, if I wanted to use a makeover or tattoo to age down my founder's spouse due to an age gap.

Yes, same goes for spouses.  Only exception is:  The Genie wish for long life cannot be used by a former heir and his/her spouse until a new heir has been born.

2. Occasionally, my game will freeze up and I'm forced to exit. I try to remember to save often, but sometimes I forget since I get wrapped up in gameplay.  :) Would having to close the game due to a freezing problem be considered quitting without saving?

If your game freezes, nothing much you can do except to force quit it, we can't penalize you for that. :)  However have you tried clearing caches often?  That might help.

MeganNicole

« Reply #1970 on: January 13, 2014, 06:07:42 PM »
Okay, got it. I just wanted to double-check before using one of the stylist stations to give my founder's spouse a makeover.

Oh my goodness. I didn't even think to clear my game's caches. I don't think they've been cleared since I purchased my game.  :o I'll have to try that!

Thank you Nutella.  :)

Offline Lady Orc

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1971 on: January 17, 2014, 10:02:19 AM »
I've run into a possibly gamebreaking glitch, and wonder what I may do in order to possibly fix it. My Gen 2 Heir traveled to China, and when he returned the entire user interface was missing, as if there were no sims in the household at all, and I can't control him either. I've run into this bug before, and found no way to fix it then, and even worse, that time it seemed to spread to all saves I had of that particular family.

Is there any known way, permitted within the rules of the challenge to fix this?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #1972 on: January 17, 2014, 10:06:32 AM »
I would suggest deleting/moving the save file where this happened away from your sims folder and then checking if the older saves are still usable. I had this exact thing happen just today when my sims were going home from uni and I didn't realize it in time so most of my files became corrupted.

Offline Lady Orc

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1973 on: January 17, 2014, 10:11:56 AM »
Thank goodness, that worked! I may have lost today's gametime, but at least I haven't lost my entire game. :)

Edited: I'm not sure if it's related or not, but my Sims also think that they're at a party (they're not) and they can't throw any new parties. I do know this happened the last time as well, before the fatal ui glitch. Any input on Dynasty legal ways to fix that?

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #1974 on: January 17, 2014, 10:28:52 AM »
I did have a similar thing happen. I wanted to throw a party but no one showed up. The next day I wanted to throw another one, but was told I was already having a party. Four hours later the first guest showed up. It turns out that everyone just came the day after instead of the day I wanted them to...

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #1975 on: January 17, 2014, 03:03:22 PM »
Too weird the exact same thing happened to me tonight in my life states, threw a birthday party and nobody came, next day just as they were leaving for graduation everybody turned up, it ended up as an impromptu graduation party instead. It's not the first time this has happened to me but it's rare it just seems to be a random glitch that sometimes crops up.

Offline Lady Orc

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1976 on: January 17, 2014, 03:40:22 PM »
Urgh, it's happened again. I fear my game may become entirely corrupted.  :-[ This second time it happened without any previous travelling, but otherwise in exactly the same way, and I'm afraid the issue will keep spreading. May I try either fixing it with Twallan error fixing mods, or else move the household prematurely into another town?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1977 on: January 17, 2014, 03:53:53 PM »
@Lady Orc

Mods are banned, sorry.  However you can evict your family in edit town then move them back in to see if that fixes the problem.  If it still doesn't, you have permission to move town prematurely.  New town should solve all the problem.

Offline Lady Orc

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1978 on: January 17, 2014, 04:21:48 PM »
Thanks, evicting didn't work, but moving towns did.  :) Fingers crossed this won't happen again any time soon!

Offline pugster101

• Supreme lover of pugs
  • Townie
« Reply #1979 on: January 22, 2014, 12:56:14 PM »
About the 4 days rule, is it after  they turn into  an adult or after they move?
The Outcast Immortal Dynasty: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,18970.0.html
The Dreamer LS Speed Run: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,18639.0.html

We're off to see the Metro, the wonderful Metro Of Man!