Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 653905 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #1995 on: March 03, 2014, 03:39:43 PM »
French grapes, and I think the nectarmaker in question has to do all of the gardening work. Or so I've heard. If someone who has completed the challenge can chime in, please do. :)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1996 on: March 03, 2014, 03:43:31 PM »
How it is supposed to work: French grapes, not base game (since the skill came with WA, like the grapes); by the sim who's doing the nectaring. Setting that sim to harvest only does not create the gardening skill, but if he's already got 1 or 2 points in it, then I believe it does raise it. But even with that, should not raise it to 10.

Of course, it doesn't work like that, since a Sim can sneeze and reset the challenge :(

(I did it in my Immortal Dynasty, without any travelling, and something like 1k French grapes.)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lady Orc

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1997 on: March 03, 2014, 03:45:22 PM »
Thanks very much for the input, I'll expand the grape garden and have him harvest away. :)

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
« Reply #1998 on: March 06, 2014, 05:23:11 PM »
I don't see anything in the rules about ageing down Townies, is it allowed? Am I, for example, allowed to throw a fountain of youth elixir at my heir's future wife who has turned elder?
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1999 on: March 06, 2014, 07:36:01 PM »
Yep. I can think of at least one player who did that. So age down your townies at will!

Offline Lady Orc

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2000 on: March 07, 2014, 01:59:55 AM »
So, I'm rather sick of the sight of grapes, and after keeping count I'm sure my sim has used more than 400 homegrown bunches of grapes, but still no 'Vizard of Vine'. May I please count it all the same?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2001 on: March 09, 2014, 05:06:27 PM »
So, I'm rather sick of the sight of grapes, and after keeping count I'm sure my sim has used more than 400 homegrown bunches of grapes, but still no 'Vizard of Vine'. May I please count it all the same?

Yes you can.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #2002 on: March 30, 2014, 01:27:25 AM »
Thinking of trying this, and have read through the rules. Just a question. Does the following (point 5 under General Rules)

5. You’re free to choose any traits and use Lifetime Happiness Rewards to change traits and Lifetime Wishes.

mean that the machine available through Uni Life that can alter traits can not be used for this purpose?

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #2003 on: March 30, 2014, 02:27:21 AM »
Deklitch, I would imagine that the freedom to choose and change traits in this dynasty using in-game mechanics includes the ability to use the science machine thingy to do it.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2004 on: March 30, 2014, 11:11:48 AM »
smartburn is correct. 

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2005 on: April 11, 2014, 08:47:00 AM »
There's never been a ruling on whether a heir and spouse can move to a different house after getting married, but the assumption has always been that the family will stay in the spouse's house.

I'm bringing up the issue because my heir and his spouse are going to have to move again in the same neighborhood after they've just moved in. My computer doesn't like their house at all -- it keeps crashing whenever I move the camera upstairs. I'd like to move them to an empty lot, but don't want to risk disqualification at this point ( they're expecting Generation 9).
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2006 on: April 11, 2014, 10:24:59 AM »
@MarianT

Try evicting your family to clipboard and also if you can do the same to the house - then put them house and family back in.  Will that solve the crashing problem? 

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2007 on: April 11, 2014, 01:09:05 PM »
Moving them out and moving them back in again seems to have solved the problem. I'll have to try that in Dragon Valley. I'd love to play there, but the crashing drives me crazy.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Kaiko E. Mikkusu

Re: The Townie DecaDynasty
« Reply #2008 on: April 22, 2014, 06:47:55 AM »
Heh. Well, I need you stop you already. No, you start with any household that does not have a child.

The household must not have children.

Yes.

You got it.

Of course.

What if the household had children, but they were not related to the founder in the family tree? Like the Unfettered with Feathers household, or other households (not families) with teens and younger in it? Excluding the single moms because Fiona legally adopted River and Sandi seems to be Molly's biological daughter? Are there premade non-homeless kids that live with unrelated adults? What if you start with someone like Holly Alto or Bebe Hart and you have them age up early and have them as founders? Can the spouse be a premade that used to be a teen living with relatives? I.E. VJ Alvi or Parker Langerak?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2009 on: April 22, 2014, 06:59:52 AM »
No households with children, period. It doesn't matter if the child is unrelated, or an adult living with their parents, or whatever. If you want to start with someone from a household with a child, start in an eligible household and have someone choose them as a co-founder.

No founding a dynasty with a teen and starting in their household. You can start in an eligible household and marry a teen when they come of age, but because aging up early is not allowed for this dynasty, not every teen will age up in the necessary amount of time (six days or less). So while Bebe Hart would be eligible for a founder to pursue because she ages up to young adult in three days, VJ Alvi is not because he's too young.