Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 651003 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #690 on: October 18, 2011, 09:40:48 PM »
Well that's my Homer Simpson moment of the week.  I'm so sorry to confuse anyone with what I said and thank you for the clarification to my thinking Sportsfan and Metro.   Time to scrap the side project again.  Whoops.

Can collecting minor pets be considered one of the collections or could you break it down farther by saying birds = 1, rodents =2?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #691 on: October 18, 2011, 09:42:46 PM »
back on topic lol.....Can i move them or did I fail and have to start over?

Sorry Daemo, I missed your original post. No, you're fine. There's no rule stating you cannot live in a given house more than once. As long as all the moving requirements are met for any move, then you're fine. Chances are it would be rare, but you never know where townies end up.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Daemo

« Reply #692 on: October 18, 2011, 09:46:51 PM »
Thank You :)

Sportsfan

« Reply #693 on: October 18, 2011, 10:10:48 PM »
Well that's my Homer Simpson moment of the week.  I'm so sorry to confuse anyone with what I said and thank you for the clarification to my thinking Sportsfan and Metro.  
Lol you're the second person in two days to get me and seabody mixed up. It was seabody who posted here, not me.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #694 on: October 20, 2011, 03:59:48 PM »
I'm assuming that if you can have a pet as a best friend in Immortal Dynasty, you can in this challenge, too. My next question is, if you make friends with a stray or wild horse, will that count as an NPC?

On a non-related issue, can my heir give a Young Again potion to his wife (who is a non-heir) if she's an elder by the time they get married?
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #695 on: October 20, 2011, 04:35:21 PM »
Marian,the rules state.
1. Anything that lengthens life for heirs is forbidden—eating Life Fruit, Ambrosia, make-overs, tattoos, and drinking from Leon's Fountain of Youth (Hidden Springs). Non-heirs have no life-extending restrictions. Once your firstborn makes an appearance and becomes the active heir, you’re free to extend the life of the former heir.

So you are fine to give the heirs wife a young again potion.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #696 on: October 20, 2011, 04:58:07 PM »
I'm assuming that if you can have a pet as a best friend in Immortal Dynasty, you can in this challenge, too.

Definitely.

My next question is, if you make friends with a stray or wild horse, will that count as an NPC?

From what I'm gathering in the initial threads, it is not an easy task by any means, so I do not see why not. I guess the question I have for you and everyone else though is — unless you adopt the wild animal and they become a household member, would you know if it is alive and "available?" I mean, how do you get in touch? Lol.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #697 on: October 20, 2011, 05:16:13 PM »
Hadn't thought about that -- invite it to a party? unlock the gate to your garden?
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #698 on: October 20, 2011, 10:15:17 PM »
That's because you have to invite the NPCs to your house, not just make friends with them.  Right?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #699 on: October 20, 2011, 10:18:32 PM »
That's because you have to invite the NPCs to your house, not just make friends with them.  Right?

Actually, no. You just need to be friends with the NPCs at moving time.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #700 on: October 20, 2011, 10:21:25 PM »
Actually, no. You just need to be friends with the NPCs at moving time.

Ok.  That makes it easier to make friends with a stray.  I've already seen the same stray dog three times.  I haven't interacted with him yet, but he likes to come around and tear up my garbage.  They show up in the relationship panel just like a regular Sim, so you'll be able to see that they're alive and friends.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #701 on: October 20, 2011, 10:25:40 PM »
Ok.  That makes it easier to make friends with a stray.  I've already seen the same stray dog three times.  I haven't interacted with him yet, but he likes to come around and tear up my garbage.  They show up in the relationship panel just like a regular Sim, so you'll be able to see that they're alive and friends.

Thanks for confirming that, Pam. I'll add wild animals to the choices of NPC friends then.

Daemo

« Reply #702 on: October 21, 2011, 01:00:49 AM »
I believe that there may be some unseen force that is refusing to let me complete this challenge.  It would seem that I have another problem, and Google isn't giving me any advice on how to fix it...if it can be fixed at all.

So, here is the deal:   I am currently starting my 3rd generation.  My 2nd heir moved into his wife's house, and they quickly got pregnant and had a baby.  However, the the baby was brought home...he refused to age.  It has been at least 4 days and he has not aged a single day.  I tried to reset him to see if that was the problem, but it was not.  I went into the options to see if aging was was somehow turned off, but it was not.  My other sims are aging fine, but the baby refused to age.

In addition to this I copied the file to see if I could age him up with a cake to fix his aging problem, but it did not.  He aged up with the cake but he did not age another day after that.  What do I do.   Do I have to start over?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #703 on: October 21, 2011, 01:12:48 AM »
I believe that there may be some unseen force that is refusing to let me complete this challenge.  It would seem that I have another problem, and Google isn't giving me any advice on how to fix it...if it can be fixed at all.

So, here is the deal:   I am currently starting my 3rd generation.  My 2nd heir moved into his wife's house, and they quickly got pregnant and had a baby.  However, the the baby was brought home...he refused to age.  It has been at least 4 days and he has not aged a single day.  I tried to reset him to see if that was the problem, but it was not.  I went into the options to see if aging was was somehow turned off, but it was not.  My other sims are aging fine, but the baby refused to age.

In addition to this I copied the file to see if I could age him up with a cake to fix his aging problem, but it did not.  He aged up with the cake but he did not age another day after that.  What do I do.   Do I have to start over?

You have aging set to normal (90 days)?  Did you get a notice from the game that it was his birthday?  Does his age bar increase at all, in infant or toddler stages?

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Daemo

« Reply #704 on: October 21, 2011, 01:17:04 AM »
You have aging set to normal (90 days)?  Did you get a notice from the game that it was his birthday?  Does his age bar increase at all, in infant or toddler stages?

I checked the aging settings.  They are turned on and set to normal (90 Days).  There has been no notice of his birthday and his age bar is not increasing at all.  It stays at 3 days for the baby and 7 days for the toddler.

anything