Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 651245 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #720 on: October 25, 2011, 07:02:28 PM »

so do birds get sub categories of small and large birds or do birds, large or small, count as a whole?

Let's just leave it as one category, birds.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #721 on: October 29, 2011, 08:49:03 AM »
Metro,are we allowed to give somebody outside of the family a young again potion.I am not exactly sure if it is even possible but I thought it might have the same ruling as birthday cakes.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #722 on: October 29, 2011, 09:24:39 AM »
Metro,are we allowed to give somebody outside of the family a young again potion.I am not exactly sure if it is even possible but I thought it might have the same ruling as birthday cakes.

Rachel

Yeah, messing with a non household member's age would definitely be a no-no. A player would only do that to gain some kind of benefit. It would not be a random decision.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #723 on: October 29, 2011, 09:42:15 AM »
Thats good to know. Just so I am sure,can we use it on a spouse once we are married and living in their house.

Rachel

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #724 on: October 29, 2011, 01:22:32 PM »
Thats good to know. Just so I am sure,can we use it on a spouse once we are married and living in their house.

Rachel

Yep...you're fine to do that —

Non-heirs have no life-extending restrictions. Once your firstborn makes an appearance and becomes the active heir, you’re free to extend the life of the former heir.

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Katniss :)
  • Immortal
« Reply #725 on: October 30, 2011, 07:52:59 AM »
Metro, can we use a founder who is already pregnant at the beginning of a new save file? Like Claire Ursaine or Justine Keaton?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #726 on: October 30, 2011, 08:23:35 AM »
Metro, can we use a founder who is already pregnant at the beginning of a new save file? Like Claire Ursaine or Justine Keaton?

As far as I know that is not allowed.As we are not permitted to use a household that already has children in it. I know the children are not actually born yet but we as players know they are on the way.
In the case of Claire you would still have to get Claire married to someone and have them have a baby so you wouldn't really gain anything.
With Justine and Marty they would have to have another child after baby Keaton was born.The rules state:
1. Heirs must be the result of two Sims living in a household Trying For Baby and must be born within 10 days of starting in a new Townie house.
You see technically you haven't been in control of Marty and Justine so you haven't told them to try for baby yet.

So long answer short No you cannot use Claire,Marty or Justine.

Sorry for the long explanation.

Rachel

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Katniss :)
  • Immortal
« Reply #727 on: October 30, 2011, 09:01:06 AM »
Darn it. Thanks Rachel.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #728 on: October 30, 2011, 07:08:36 PM »

This is also covered in this rule:

2. Choose a pre-made townie family with no children from any unaltered EA designed neighborhood.

The Keaton's already have children, and both Claire and Justine are already pregnant, which also counts as a child.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #729 on: October 30, 2011, 07:11:10 PM »
Pam,the Keatons do not have any children at the begining of the game Justine is pregnant at the start though. I think baby Keaton is usually born on the Monday of the first week and baby Ursine on the Tuesday.

Rachel

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #730 on: October 30, 2011, 07:13:06 PM »
Pam,the Keatons do not have any children at the begining of the game Justine is pregnant at the start though. I think baby Keaton is usually born on the Monday of the first week and baby Ursine on the Tuesday.

Rachel

Hmmm.  Who am I thinking of then?  Well, it doesn't matter.  Thanks for the clarification, Rachel.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #731 on: November 03, 2011, 12:33:52 PM »
It has been brought to my attention that the new plastic surgery option included in Pets does indeed have the same life extending effect as a tattoo or makeover. So, with that in mind I added it to the following rule —

1. Anything that lengthens life for heirs is forbidden—eating Life Fruit, Ambrosia, make-overs, tattoos, plastic surgery and drinking from Leon's Fountain of Youth (Hidden Springs).

--------

If you have already given an heir plastic surgery, don't panic. Just adhere to the rule from this point on.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #732 on: November 04, 2011, 01:40:28 PM »
Weird question - If a sim dies on the lot and is resurrected through the opportunity, can they rejoin the family? Here's the situation: I have a sim who died just short of the 75,000 LTH points for a better tombstone. If I resurrect her and feed her ambrosia, she'll still be an elder and will die with a better tombstone before the heir needs to move out and I won't have to let the parents die.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #733 on: November 04, 2011, 01:52:48 PM »
Weird question - If a sim dies on the lot and is resurrected through the opportunity, can they rejoin the family? Here's the situation: I have a sim who died just short of the 75,000 LTH points for a better tombstone. If I resurrect her and feed her ambrosia, she'll still be an elder and will die with a better tombstone before the heir needs to move out and I won't have to let the parents die.

Since the Sim to be resurrected is obviously a non-heir you're good to go with that idea.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #734 on: November 04, 2011, 02:55:11 PM »
Metro,does that mean we are allowed to resurrect dead(non-heir)family members even if they have the big tombstone.

Rachel

anything