Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 653757 times)

Offline EchoLegacy

• Townie
  • TODDLERS <3
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #795 on: November 27, 2011, 01:42:57 AM »
Metro, my whole body is burning with embarrassment.
I feel so bad...
I'm really, really sorry.
I shouldn't have said anything in the first place!

Sportsfan

« Reply #796 on: November 27, 2011, 01:49:41 AM »
Don't worry about it Echo. It's not a big deal.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline EchoLegacy

• Townie
  • TODDLERS <3
« Reply #797 on: November 27, 2011, 02:03:30 AM »
I feel like it is.
It was really rude of me.

Sportsfan

« Reply #798 on: November 27, 2011, 02:17:55 AM »
I feel like it is.
It was really rude of me.
Honestly, dont worry about it. Everybody makes mistakes. What's done is done and you can't do anything about it now. (well you could delete the post lol).

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #799 on: November 27, 2011, 07:51:22 AM »
@Echo, forget about it. No biggie. I was a little sarcastic in my original response to you and after some more thought felt that I was in fact rude to you, so I edited it. No harm done at all.  :)

Offline EchoLegacy

• Townie
  • TODDLERS <3
« Reply #800 on: November 27, 2011, 04:19:39 PM »
Thank you! I really do feel terrible.
I'm just going to leave it up as a reminder not to be stupid.

loveSims

« Reply #801 on: November 27, 2011, 05:09:47 PM »
Thank you! I really do feel terrible.
I'm just going to leave it up as a reminder not to be stupid.
It take guts to say your sorry! Welcome to the forum :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Mary-Greenman

« Reply #802 on: November 27, 2011, 05:35:41 PM »
Is there a FAQ page where we can go to keep track of rule changes that come with each expansion pack? Because I got pets and I'm playing with a family in that neighborhood (I had to start over because my computer crashed. Again.) and... I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything. I tend to miss questions even after reading/scanning through all of the pages.

Also, is it okay to have the townie family be engaged and not yet married?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #803 on: November 27, 2011, 05:41:45 PM »
Is there a FAQ page where we can go to keep track of rule changes that come with each expansion pack? Because I got pets and I'm playing with a family in that neighborhood (I had to start over because my computer crashed. Again.) and... I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything. I tend to miss questions even after reading/scanning through all of the pages.

You're not missing anything. All Pets content is already covered in the rule set on p.1. If it's not specifically covered, then assume you can do whatever it is you're wondering about. But, always feel free to ask. :)

Also, is it okay to have the townie family be engaged and not yet married?

Yes.

Mary-Greenman

« Reply #804 on: November 27, 2011, 05:57:23 PM »
Wow, so quick~!
 Thanks Metro! I'm excited to play this challenge again!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #805 on: December 08, 2011, 10:59:52 AM »
At the moment, it's probably impossible to set a Townie DecaDynasty in Appaloosa Plains as there are only 7 buildings that can be bought. Even if you add the pet store (which not everyone has) and the film studio, which requires LN, the most you can get is 9. Since you lose ownership of the buildings each time you move, I'm wondering if it would be possible for a subsequent generation to buy one of the doubled-up buildings?  For example, Gen 1 could buy the book and bath building as a bookstore and Gen 5 could buy it as a spa.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #806 on: December 08, 2011, 11:48:44 AM »
If you ask me,not that anyone did, you should be allowed to do just that. So long as each generation buys a building it really shouldn't matter that it is technically the same building.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #807 on: December 08, 2011, 02:55:11 PM »
At the moment, it's probably impossible to set a Townie DecaDynasty in Appaloosa Plains as there are only 7 buildings that can be bought. Even if you add the pet store (which not everyone has) and the film studio, which requires LN, the most you can get is 9. Since you lose ownership of the buildings each time you move, I'm wondering if it would be possible for a subsequent generation to buy one of the doubled-up buildings?  For example, Gen 1 could buy the book and bath building as a bookstore and Gen 5 could buy it as a spa.

When brought up, I think it was mentioned about placing buildings from Community Objects onto lots after purchased to meet the requirement.  There are also lots from Town Life Stuff Pack.  Otherwise, I'm fairly certain metro said you can only buy a particular place once in the way that you're speaking of though.  It was right after Pets came out when it was mentioned that we only had 7 buildings so I don't remember how many pages ago that was.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #808 on: December 08, 2011, 09:11:45 PM »
I'm having a tough time with this challenge, the NPC friends requirement has me worried.
Cynthia

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #809 on: December 08, 2011, 09:22:35 PM »

If you ask me,not that anyone did, you should be allowed to do just that. So long as each generation buys a building it really shouldn't matter that it is technically the same building.

Rachel

There's nothing in the rules stating that all building purchases need to be unique, so with the fact that you do lose ownership after a move — it's really not an issue at all for Appaloosa Plains.