Author Topic: Daycare - first impressions  (Read 31329 times)

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
Re: Daycare - first impressions
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2011, 05:32:52 PM »
I know I ended up with a little monster, wow, m.sato was right.  He broke everything, talking and scolding didn't work, so he just kept breaking everything.  The toddlers were great, I got three to start and then you get three youths after school.  Thank heavens my sims twin teen daughters help when they get home from school and the husband is an astronaut, so he is home quite a bit.  These kids are handfuls, but just make sure they have plenty to do and the youths love the tv. :)

I'm afraid I'd have to use the age up cheat and send the kid home as a teenager.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2011, 06:00:33 PM »
I'm enjoying the Daycare career myself. I'm taking notes for a Guide article as Stevie Wonder works his way up to the top. Someone mentioned they got an enormous tip from a parent for teaching their child some skills. That's certainly an incentive, but I'm wondering — when? Where does a 5 or 6 hour block of time materialize to do that? Stevie's got 4 kids at the moment and it's pretty much a assembly line of moving from one child to the next all day long.

Also, it's all toddlers for Stevie. It would be nice if there were a little more variety in age groups, but maybe that will happen now that he cracked lvl 4. There's just 5 levels, right? Not 10?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Justwright

• Townie
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2011, 07:54:05 PM »
Really? Only 5 levels?  Then my game wasn't glitched.  I could not move past lvl 5, even using a cheat.  Now I feel silly  :D

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2011, 11:34:57 PM »
I noticed something odd about a SP toddler that my sim has been babysitting.
Every day, he is dropped off and picked up by a sim who does not share his last name. I can't find his household anywhere else in town.
Explanations? :-\
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2011, 01:04:22 AM »
Every day, he is dropped off and picked up by a sim who does not share his last name. I can't find his household anywhere else in town.
Maybe it's a homeless family?? I'm not sure as I haven't played a daycare sim before.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Dreamweaver

• Occult
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2011, 02:10:40 AM »
My theory is the game is creating toddlers just for daycare. I'm on level five and raised alot of kids who I never see in town again.
I also got the super spiffy daycare van :P My way for dealing with the probelm child is simple. Upgrade items to unbreakable or lock the breakable items in a room. The best chance at the big bonus is weekends. The parent will call and ask you to care for the child on your day off. With only one toddler in the house, it's easy to teach them skills and hopefully get that big tip.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2011, 02:37:09 AM »
Guess I forgot to add something. :-[
Every day, he is dropped off and picked up by a different sim who does not share his last name.
Once they pick him up/drop him off, I never see them again.
Formerly Simstar3

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2011, 07:50:13 AM »
I have only seen one or two I had not seen before, but for the most part, they are sims from the neighborhood.  Of course, after they age up and there is less and less toddlers and youths, then I guess the game regenerates new ones for the purpose of daycare. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline m.sato

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2011, 08:05:10 AM »
Actually, as most towns don't have a thousand of toddlers and children the game creates some, who are meant to be children of NPCs, but it doesn't always work.

In fact, you'll realize that most of the children when age up and leave daycare simple disappear! They still remain as a relationship of your sim, but you won't be able to find them anywhere in town!

By the way, the devil's offspring has the superpower to break unbreakable stuff.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2011, 08:42:12 AM »
I have a question: How do you join the Daycare Career?
I really want to try this career!

Newspaper or Computer > Jobs and Profesions > Find a Profession

Would hanging Masterpieces around the daycare center affect the kid's moods? I really don't know if they'd be influenced by environmental stuff or not. The kids that are spawned for daycare are clearly cut from a different cloth as they never get tired, so I just don't know what kind of moodlets they might get.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2011, 08:52:57 AM »
If you have a problem child, can you just tell the parents you want to terminate the daycare for that kid?

Offline m.sato

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2011, 09:52:13 AM »
Problem children are part of the job at level 5, you can't get rid of them.

I've just cured a problem child. A message appeared at the end of the work day saying he's been cured and another the next morning with a thanks from the parent , as well as a $1,000 tip, but in that very same day a different problem child came after school.

By the way, I have no idea how I cured him. I didn't reprehend, didn't talk about problems, in fact I gave that child no special attention.

I'm looking forward for Carl's guide on this job, I'm more lost then a blind monkey in a wild west shooting.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2011, 07:18:09 AM »
If they keep spawning problem kids, I'm not sure I want to try that profession. I have very little patience with screaming kids. Maybe I'll send mine to boarding school. LOL!

crazilazigurl

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2011, 01:16:57 PM »
I'm looking forward for Carl's guide on this job, I'm more lost then a blind monkey in a wild west shooting.

:D That's hilarious, m. sato!

I haven't cured a problem child yet. But, I just have tons of stuff for them to do, like trampoline, video games, jungle gym, tree house, and toy chest. They were pretty happy. :)

Offline TrickStar

• Nooboo
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2011, 02:06:20 PM »
After reading m.sato's adventures I'm very glad I decided to save daycare for a later time. Pretty sure my keyboard would have some teethmarks if I had his hellspawn child in my house.  ;D