Author Topic: Daycare career keeps glitching - No Kids  (Read 2900 times)

Offline Madi

• Nooboo
Daycare career keeps glitching - No Kids
« on: October 15, 2020, 12:51:03 AM »
I know that everyone is probably rolling their eyes right now, like "daycare glitches, welcome to my world" but I really love this career even if it hardly ever works.

My sim has finally started returning to get career after having her last child. But when her days off are finally gone, and work comes, no children come to the house. I know it's an easy fix, just quit the career and then join again. But this will be the 3rd time I've had to do that, and if I ever want her to advance in the career I can't just keep quitting. Yes, there are toddlers in the town. I've added some myself and I the game has also radomonly generated some. when her last pregnancy came, I used Nrass cheats to stop her days off, cause I was tired of waiting 7+ days to finally go back to work. The career worked, then a holiday came and the weekend, when Monday came again no kids. I'm wondering if there's any other solutions other than just "quit and rejoin the career"
And yes I've also tried restarting the game too!!

I probably will end up having her quit and rejoin while I wait for responses, but if this issue ever happens again (which it most likely will) I need other solutions!!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Daycare career keeps glitching - No Kids
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 02:36:41 AM »
Sounds like the Daycare career is a very glitchy career, but there are a few troubleshooting tips to try other than the one you've already tried (Quit and rejoin career)

1. Try resetting the Sim/household.

Reset Town, Individual Sims and/or Evict Household
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,20732.msg401812.html#msg401812

2. Move or Evict your family and move them back in.

3. Give your Sim the nurturing trait.

4. Go into Edit Town mode to see if there is still enough toddlers in-game. Sometimes EA's Story progression and/or Nraas SP will move Sims out of town.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Re: Daycare career keeps glitching - No Kids
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 11:11:52 AM »
I have problems as well.

My problem is that if I close the game while my sim is on the clock, the kids will have disappeared when I load the game back up. And not only are the kids gone, but the game suddenly thinks that my sim's own kids are the Daycare ones and give me the same info window when I mouse over them. It hasn't help to try out the steps listed. It seems to simply be broken...like so much else.

So, I have decided to stop playing with this career for now.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted