Author Topic: The Sims 3 Generations - First Impressions  (Read 32084 times)

CandyHeartedSim

Re: My First Impression on everything about Generation
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2011, 02:06:35 PM »
Hmm.... Reading Chronic's post, I am feeling better about not having it straight away. I think since I only have WA and Vanilla atm, I'm gonna save and get the games in order. -Goes to Ebay to check for Bargains ;D-

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2011, 04:49:11 PM »
So I finally got my game to work but all wishes that coincided with my relationships have disappeared.   Bella no longer wants to marry and move in with Mortimer.   :(
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline NancyJ

• Immortal
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2011, 05:12:55 PM »
Anyone else noticed that the bad mood bug seems to have been replaced with the old good mood bug?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2011, 05:15:56 PM »
Anyone else noticed that the bad mood bug seems to have been replaced with the old good mood bug?

Which one was that?

Offline NancyJ

• Immortal
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2011, 05:26:43 PM »
The one where your mood continually increases - it was from the well rested moodlet removing the wrong amount of mood so with the really cheap beds your mood would go down but most people play with a good bed (if there's one thing to splash out on when you're poor, its a good bed!) so your mood stays high even when it shouldn't - if you play in short bursts you might never notice it but if you play for 4-6 sim weeks at a time like I do, its really obvious. I just had a sim that was publicly disgraced, lost a friend, very tired and the house was dirty and his mood bar was maxed out. After late night they seemed to fix that one and either that revealed another similar bug or they put in a new one - where your mood goes negative instead of positive relative to the actual moodlets listed and you have to reload to fix it.

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2011, 06:22:20 PM »
Where was all this awesome improvised furniture when I was building my dorm?  :D

Good items to be sure.  I'm glad to see my options for high-tier plumbing and kitchen expanding.  I always hate using the same shower in every build.

Oh, sweet irony, deliver me from coincidence.

Please feel free to utilize any of my builds in any of your stories and so forth.

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2011, 07:43:33 PM »
I think it is funny sims can woohoo in the tree house and the shower now. :D

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline YolandaBlu

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2011, 08:10:56 PM »
That's my opinion too.  (Things that should have been included in the first Sims 3.)  I did not get three sets, however.  I ordered from Amazon.  I've installed it with no glitches so far.  I also installed the patches that EA said I needed.  I like the memories, too.  Sims 2 had memories too, but not as elaborate.  I played a town that I have been playing awhile, but decided I needed to start fresh to figure out the new strategies.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2011, 09:14:52 PM »
My opinion, is that I love this EP.  Despite all of the negatives, the positives outweigh them.  I find it absolutely amusing on some of the new things these little guys do, especially ghost stories.  Now that is really cute.  Anyway, so far, I love everything about the new additions and do not really have anything negative to say, except, when I put chest hair on my sim and go back to live mode, the hair is gone.  Not quite sure what is up with that yet, but that is minor.  I will say, that if your sim, pre-Generations, had a few romantic interests and is now involved with someone, it will come out and the sim will have a "casenova" reputation and your new relationship will suffer, but nothing that flowers and sweet talk won't solve, for the time being, lol. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

bshag

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2011, 09:47:39 PM »
Totally love this ep, possibly the best one so far in sims 3 series.  There's not much stuff as far as Buy/Build but the animations and interactions make up for this.  There's just so much it's a little overwhelming...definitely going to be some time before I get around to doing all there is to do.

Most of the ep is dedicated to kids and teens, which is about time.  Carl and company are going to have their hands full doing walkthoughs with this one. :D  The cutest things I have seen so far is watching the stars and reading bedtime stories...got kinda misty on the last one...stupid pixtels. :D
Memories are becoming annoying as every time a sim breathes there's a memory being recorded. ::)

Gameplay is very smooth on my machine, for which I am very thankful.  There are many threads on the official forum that are really ugly about ppl not being able to play. :o

First impressions is it's going to take up to release of pets to get everything done in this pack. ;D

Offline AmeliaAnne

• Llama Wrangler
  • Current legacy heir, Una
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2011, 11:04:29 PM »
I think this EP has been hard on my computer, but I think it's been good so far. I am rebuilding my legacy house at the moment and am between generations with kids, so we'll see how many of the interactions I notice so far. However, there have been a few build/buy things that I like, and installation (and patching!) went really smoothly. So we'll see how this goes! More soon...

Offline mysticmirror

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2011, 11:44:04 PM »
Well I played Generatons for a few hours tonight and so far I'm loving it. The new interactions are just too cute. I found myself laughing at my game a few times. Watching my sim do a little booty dance in the sprinkler had me cracking up.  Especially their expressions on some things. When the kids get punished the expressions they give when they sulk are priceless. Telling scary stories is just awesome. Taking the baby for a walk in the stroller is cute except that I noticed that the stroller won't go up and down hills, huh? When your sim reaches a hill they take the baby out of the stroller and carry it until you get passed the hill and then they put it back in.

One thing I noticed and don't quote me on this because maybe I haven't seen all the paintings as of yet but today my painter drew a new painting I've never seen before. But it could be that I just haven't seen that one yet so maybe it was just a coincidence. It would be nice if there were some new paintings out there though. Also, and maybe it was just another weird thing but it seemed like my toddler's motives didn't decrease as fast. Maybe the patch (maybe) might have fixed a few things. I still want to try out the well-rested bug though, didn't get a chance to do that yet, but will.

Over all I think it's a exciting new expansions with some interesting new gameplay. Will continue to play and hopefully share more tomorrow.

CandyHeartedSim

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2011, 08:07:01 AM »
Maybe the patch (maybe) might have fixed a few things.

Has the patch been released yet? If it has, it's not showing up on my launcher  :(

Is it because I'm in the UK?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2011, 08:14:19 AM »
Has the patch been released yet? If it has, it's not showing up on my launcher  :(

Is it because I'm in the UK?

I think the patch is available for when the Game is released in your country, so I'm with you on the no Patch or Game yet.  :-\
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

CandyHeartedSim

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2011, 08:15:53 AM »
I think the patch is available for when the Game is released in your country, so I'm with you on the no Patch or Game yet.  :-\

At least your getting the game :P I have to "Save Up" With my £5 a week pocket money :/