Author Topic: The GO Treatment Centre - A Stranger from a Strange Land  (Read 68056 times)

Offline Blayzen

• I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! =P
  • Townie
  • Just Believe.....
Re: The GO Treatment Centre - A Stranger from a Strange Land
« Reply #285 on: December 02, 2012, 03:33:12 AM »
I know your MHU thread had a post about shameless self-promotion, but I for one LOVE how your stories overlap. :)

I couldn't agree more, Alexrandia!! I also love the way Schipperke links the stories. I would also add that it isn't "shameless self-promotion"  to send us into another story. Dimension H writers do it all the time...They call them sequels and trilogies! We're just lucky we don't have to wait 6 months to a year before the next book comes out  ;D
Tenshin - A Bachelorette Bromance =)

Offline Alexrandia

• Hopeless Sim Addict
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #286 on: December 02, 2012, 06:23:52 PM »
I also love the way Schipperke links the stories.

I think the cross-overs add depth to both stories, too.
Call me Alex.

One man's "magic" is another man's engineering. - Robert Heinlein

My first story: Woods Family Empire
Based on the project I wrote: Family Empire.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #287 on: December 20, 2012, 10:54:02 PM »
YAY!  I love insane sims! Can I  have a late entry, or should I wait?

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #288 on: January 21, 2013, 10:41:44 AM »
I've been intending to get back to this story for a long time.  But the time keeps getting longer and longer, and I think it's time I stopped keeping people waiting for an update that never seems to come.

This story requires a lot of micromanaging, what with keeping track of everyone's traits and treatment goals, and there just isn't enough time for me to do justice to several stories at a time.  The Ben Oliver story (and the Mission Highly Unlikely story before it) have been so engrossing to me that all my time and energy seems to go into those stories. 

So because I don't think I'm going to get back to this story soon, and because I've been feeling bad about making people wait, I think it's time for Ssttarr, Simgund, and Incubus to go into retirement.  I apologize to those who referred clients for treatment - I know I've let you down, and I am sorry about that.  Perhaps some day the Treatment Centre might start up again, but for now I think this is what I need to do.

I'm going to move this story to the Completed Stories board, as we did complete one treatment cycle, and there may still be people who might want to read the story.

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to read and leave comments here. 

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #289 on: January 22, 2013, 04:47:00 AM »
I understand that you have other stories that take up your time. Don't feel bad, and maybe you'll open up the treatment center again after the staff had had their break.

Offline Alexrandia

• Hopeless Sim Addict
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #290 on: January 24, 2013, 10:59:06 PM »
While I am sad (as is Karin) that the story has to end for the time being, I look forward to reading your other stories!
Call me Alex.

One man's "magic" is another man's engineering. - Robert Heinlein

My first story: Woods Family Empire
Based on the project I wrote: Family Empire.

anything