Author Topic: The Flowers waiting for Grim - Completed  (Read 88123 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Flowers waiting for Grim
« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2011, 01:09:04 PM »
Thanks very much for the comments, Audren and Chronic. 

I just love their outfits, they are amazing.

Thank you!  You should have seen the trouble they had getting Leo into a suit.   ;)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #91 on: June 11, 2011, 07:13:29 PM »
Oh! Oh! Can I apply? I have absolutely no logic skill.  ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #92 on: June 11, 2011, 07:16:57 PM »
Oh! Oh! Can I apply? I have absolutely no logic skill.  ;)

If you check tomorrow's update, you'll see the first group of students arriving.  Trust me, TallStar - you definitely wouldn't want to be anywhere near that lot!  ;D

Thanks for the comment!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #93 on: June 11, 2011, 09:41:11 PM »
I would apply, but I'm a guy and this is a girls' finishing school.  :-\ And I'd get jealous of Leo's goatee.  :D

Offline Sophie98

• Immortal
  • Awkward Fangirl.
« Reply #94 on: June 12, 2011, 02:19:05 AM »
I'd love to apply because I have practically no skills whatsoever. Can't paint, can't mend stuff, can just about write a short story and bake a cake but thats it.
Anyway, I'm sure the girls Goldie, Sunny and Leo take in can't be worse than some of the girls I've had to deal with.  ;)
"The world is not a wish granting factory."
-John Green, The Fault In Our Stars

I have a blog! Please feel free to check it out! http://theatricalteenageramblings.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #95 on: June 12, 2011, 09:13:05 AM »
I'd love to apply because I have practically no skills whatsoever. Can't paint, can't mend stuff, can just about write a short story and bake a cake but thats it.
Anyway, I'm sure the girls Goldie, Sunny and Leo take in can't be worse than some of the girls I've had to deal with.  ;)

Can write and bake cakes, experienced in dealing with girls with - let's be polite and say challenging - personalities?  Sophie, I think we could use you at the school!  Are you by any chance looking for a job?   ;D

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #96 on: June 12, 2011, 09:18:23 AM »
Chapter Fourteen

Sunday afternoon the first group of young ladies arrives at The Finishing School, and a thoroughly unpleasant lot they are.  Two of them are mean-spirited, one is evil, and the fourth one is inappropriate.  The only decent traits among them are a couple of virtuosos and a couple of anglers.  Their choice in hairstyle and clothing leaves a bit to be desired as well.  I think their families sent them to the school to get them out of the house. 

From left to right we have:  Candy Carleton, with the bride of Frankenstein hair; Alice Appleby with red hair; Brenda Barker with the hat; and Delia Delorean, who for reasons best known to her goes around wearing a bridal veil.

The lessons start right away.  First, a trip to the library so they can all study charisma.  I'm hoping they'll be less unpleasant to deal with if they have a bit of charisma, but sadly that hope is in vain.  By the end of the first day both Marigold and Sunflower have negative moodlets from being mocked or insulted by their nasty students, and I resolve not to allow the ungrateful little wretches any more free time than I can help.

Ms Carleton doesn't think she should have to deal with dirty dishes:

I suppose it says something about me that I take a great deal of pleasure in making these spoiled little misses clean and unclog the toilet:

Monday the lessons begin in earnest.  Here we have Marigold and Sunflower tutoring two students while the other two practice conversation (with me telling them what to say, because otherwise they keep defaulting to mean socials):

The music lessons go fairly smoothly as the virtuosos are happy to pick up a guitar:

Fortunately the "martial arts expert" was able to get his skill level up in time to provide the advertised self-defense training:

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #97 on: June 12, 2011, 09:23:05 AM »
Haha, nice quartet of spoiled monsters! :D

I like their traits, for some reason, though. Awesome update, Schip!
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

CandyHeartedSim

« Reply #98 on: June 12, 2011, 11:13:36 AM »
*Sings* ABCD... Haha Great update :D

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #99 on: June 12, 2011, 12:47:41 PM »
I completely missed the ABCD thing.  :D

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #100 on: June 12, 2011, 06:50:07 PM »
They are going to be a handful! Leo, Sunflower and Marigold can handle it, right?
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #101 on: June 12, 2011, 07:12:51 PM »
They are going to be a handful! Leo, Sunflower and Marigold can handle it, right?

Well, with me running interference for them, yeah, I think they can handle it.  The question is, can I?  I don't dare let the frightful four off-leash for a minute or they start yelling, insulting and arguing with someone.  This is going to be a very long week.

Thanks very much for the comments, Chronic, Candy, Audren and Gogo.

About the ABCD thing - well, I had to come up with names, and that was the best I could think of!  I'm just grateful that X is near the end of the alphabet.   ;D

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #102 on: June 13, 2011, 09:27:33 AM »
Chapter Fifteen

Student adventures in cooking:

Delia cooked it but even she doesn't want to eat it:

Marigold hopes that upgrading the stove will enable the students to make edible meals:

Leo flatly refuses to eat anything the students prepare.  He reminds Sunflower that he was promised meals by a 5-star chef, not burnt waffles.  He threatens to leave and go back to living in the park if he has to eat the students' cooking.  He and Sunflower quarrel about it.

Leo and Sunflower just don't seem to get along.  I'm not sure if it's because she doesn't like him calling her Supergirl or if it's because he's upset over her elaborate yawning when he was talking at their first meeting.  Whatever it is, these two just rub each other the wrong way.

Finally they decide that the faculty should eat after the students.  All three of them like this solution as it not only means they can have better food (Sunflower's cooking), but also means they don't have to deal with their unpleasant pupils at meal time.

CandyHeartedSim

« Reply #103 on: June 13, 2011, 11:40:40 AM »
I love the pink bunnies!  ;D What EP are they from?

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #104 on: June 13, 2011, 11:45:02 AM »
I love the pink bunnies!  ;D What EP are they from?

It's the inflatable rabbit, from the Sims3 Store, here:

http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:33583&categoryId=&scategoryId=11531&pcategoryId=&ppcategoryId=&gender=female&startAt=15

You can also get them as part of a set called (I believe) "Year of the Rabbit."

Glad you like them, Candy!  I'm very fond of them and tend to add a few to all my games. 

anything