Author Topic: The Flowers waiting for Grim - Completed  (Read 88425 times)

CandyHeartedSim

Re: The Flowers waiting for Grim
« Reply #120 on: June 19, 2011, 12:05:38 PM »
I told you to use the young again potion :P

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #121 on: June 19, 2011, 12:41:19 PM »
I told you to use the young again potion :P

You did.  And I haven't forgotten.  But first someone needs to learn how to make it.  And Marigold and Sunflower need to have a reason to use it.  We await further developments ...  ;)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #122 on: June 20, 2011, 04:12:23 PM »
Isn't there one in the LTHR? Or is that the Freeze one? What ever did happen to the Otokraks?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #123 on: June 20, 2011, 04:20:00 PM »
Samoht, there is one available as an LTR, but it requires way more happiness points than either Marigold and Sunflower has or is likely to have before Grim returns for them, especially with the crazy aging thing going on in this game.  I don't remember the exact number of points, but I'm pretty sure it's over 50,000.

As for the Otokraks - that dynasty just ran out of steam.  I haven't played it in a long time.  I kept remembering how incredibly long it took to load my game with the Clan Douglas Dynasty (over 3/4 of an hour near the end), and just decided I didn't really want to go there again.  But Atauserk Otokrak was a real fiend with her wrench, and I wanted to use that picture.   :)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #124 on: June 21, 2011, 03:35:13 AM »
I'm sure Schip can turn on testing cheats in the Main Menu and ctrl-click a few times to purchase the reward, can't she? ;D No, really, bugs are really silly and it will be a real pity if we lose Goldie and Sunny due to crazy aging.

Aww, that's too bad about the Otokraks - I did like them a lot. Well, that's normal assuming there would be eight generations living in the house in the end. The game must save all of that data somewhere, right? ;D Oh, and if that's much... that is how much each of my games takes to "Save and Quit". :-\
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #125 on: June 21, 2011, 09:17:48 AM »
Chapter Twenty

Sunday afternoon the next group of students arrive. 

From left to right:  Gertie Greenberg, Edna Edwards, Fanny ffinch, and Harriet Herkimer.  And not a Mean-spirited or Inappropriate trait among them, thank goodness.  But three of the four are Kleptomaniacs.  The minute they walk through the door, all three of them declare their intention of becoming career criminals and I'm beginning to wonder if this is a finishing school or a training academy for the underworld.  But we have a Natural Cook, so at least the students should have edible meals.  One of the students is a Vegetarian, and I hope I remember not to serve anything she can't eat. 

I decided to change their clothes and hair right away, mainly because I want to try out all the hairdos and clothes I've been buying at the Sims3 Store.  Besides, this is a finishing school so I think it makes sense to expect the girls to make some effort with their appearance.  Here are their new looks.  First, Edna:

Fanny:

Gertie:

And Harriet:

Look who I caught sneaking around the side of the house.  Iqbal Alvi, cane and all, come to check out the new girls. 

Iqbal never did come to the front door or try to talk to anyone.  He went directly to the trampoline and bounced for a couple of hours, then left.  It's probably just coincidence that his bounces took him right past the students' second-storey windows. 

Sunday evening it was cool so they all changed into their new knitwear by Ausette for a cozy evening of television.  I just love those knit patterns and have been having a lot of fun trying out different colours.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #126 on: June 21, 2011, 09:34:07 AM »
This story actually found itself in my dreams last night - Leo was cooking and I was trying to help him rescue a failed dish. Don't let Leo cook, I guess. :) And I guess I even like the Flowers in my sleep...
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #127 on: June 21, 2011, 09:41:30 AM »
Cathyknits, that's hilarious!  I'm so glad you shared it.  Leo has never cooked anything in his life, so I'm sure he would need all the help he could get if he ever tried to prepare a meal.  But the question is - how did you know that?  Spooky ...  ;)

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #128 on: June 21, 2011, 03:30:31 PM »
This is very funny and well written! Keep up the good work! ;)

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #129 on: June 21, 2011, 03:47:15 PM »
This is very funny and well written! Keep up the good work! ;)

Thank you very much, Carlos!  I'm glad you appreciate my attempts at humour.

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #130 on: June 21, 2011, 06:13:01 PM »
You're more than welcome! The style of humour you use in this reminds me a lot of the cheesy wit of the Sims franchise itself. :D

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #131 on: June 21, 2011, 06:16:12 PM »
cheesy wit

Finally I know how to describe my kind of humour!  Thank you, I think!   ;D

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #132 on: June 21, 2011, 08:49:01 PM »
It's nice to see the second group of girls settling nicely. I assume by now the door to Leo's apartment has been locked to everyone but himself? Those Klepto girls might want some mementos from the hot guy upstairs when they move out.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #133 on: June 21, 2011, 09:16:30 PM »
Thank you, I think!   ;D

You're possibly welcome! :P

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #134 on: June 22, 2011, 04:36:28 AM »
Ooh! I love kleptos, so I guess I do like the new students.

I wonder what Mr Alvi had to do there? I mean, he wasn't invited, it wasn't a party that he could possibly crashed, then what?

Schip, you won't believe... you have mentioned Ausette's knit patterns so much, I have downloaded them all. And I'm loving them! ;D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa