Author Topic: The Flowers waiting for Grim - Completed  (Read 86983 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Flowers waiting for Grim - Party, Part III: Leo Tells All
« Reply #315 on: October 11, 2012, 10:14:21 PM »
Eeeee! Yay! I knew you could do it, Leo! *cheers*
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline donatello

• "Dreamin' dreams to oneday carve in stone..." - Prime Circle
  • Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
Re: The Flowers waiting for Grim - Party, Part III: Leo Tells All
« Reply #316 on: October 12, 2012, 02:56:52 AM »
Schip I hate you! I love you! You have a guy crying here you know... It's all happy, after-suspense tears, so it's all good though... YAY SCHIP!
"Life is not worth living unless lived for someone else" - Albert Einstein
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Flowers waiting for Grim - Party, Part IV: Sisters Together
« Reply #317 on: October 12, 2012, 04:16:24 PM »
Party, Part IV:  Sisters Together

As Laurie and Leo look on, Sunflower offers Marigold the Young Again potion.

The sisters stand looking at each other.  The party is totally forgotten as they remember their younger lives as unpaid servants to their older sisters and brother.  They remember coming to Sunset Valley, the shack they were conned into buying, and then the day they met Mr Payne at the Consignment Shop.  Their lives have always been about surviving ordeals.  They long ago realized their own dreams didn't matter and would never come true.  Maybe they've even been kind of looking forward to their appointments with Grim, as an escape from the endless difficulties of their lives.  Now the opportunity has been offered for them to have a second chance at life.  Do they dare to take it?  Have their spirits been so beaten down that they just want to die and be done with it all?  Whatever they do, they will do together, as always.  The sisters share a friendly hug.

They gaze at the flasks full of pink potion.

And then, together, they drink.

Sunflower's transformation happens first.

She quickly changes into a sari for the party.

Marigold smiles at Laurie as her transformation begins.

The game gave her a lovely green dress, but it wasn't quite in keeping with the costume party theme, so she changed into this outfit.  But green is definitely Marigold's colour.

And Cupid is feeling rather pleased with events!  As, I hope, are all the Hopeless Romantics.   

I summarily demand you save Sunflower by some means.

We aim to please!  :)

Poor Leo! I don't think my Hopeless Romantic heart can handle this. :(

Sophie, sorry to put your Hopeless Romantic heart through that tension.  But I hope the outcome makes up for it. 

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #318 on: October 12, 2012, 05:05:09 PM »
Agh, curse you for making such an amazing story that I had to read it all in one sitting! It's the online equivalent of a book that you just...can't...put...down!

Beautiful, excellent, love is in the air and the sisters get a second chance that they so very much deserve!

Offline donatello

• Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
« Reply #319 on: October 12, 2012, 05:25:10 PM »
I haven't smiled this wide in a long, looong time... Three HURRAY!s for an awesome Leo!
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Offline donatello

• Occult
« Reply #320 on: October 12, 2012, 05:27:17 PM »
Xander seriously needs a change of wardrobe though, hahaha! But that's his problem.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #321 on: October 12, 2012, 05:46:34 PM »
When Marigold aged down, I saw Laurie in the foreground, but I didn't recognize him. I thought, "Where have I seen that hairstyle before?" Only now have I realized that he's borrowed A's hair! ;D

Congratulations, Leo, Sunflower, and Marigold! I hope the guests don't feel neglected, though, with all that's going on!  :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #322 on: October 12, 2012, 05:55:46 PM »
Hurray for Young Again Potions and much cuter costumes! Hurray for true love that sees past baggy eyelids and stooping figures to the beauty of the person underneath! Hurray for happy endings!

By samoht04

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #323 on: October 12, 2012, 05:57:09 PM »
When Marigold aged down, I saw Laurie in the foreground, but I didn't recognize him. I thought, "Where have I seen that hairstyle before?" Only now have I realized that he's borrowed A's hair! ;D

Well, who knows - maybe Laurie saw A's hairdo when he was at the shoe store?  If that hairdo has helped A achieve undying fame, can you blame Laurie for wanting a piece of the action?

Oh, and Audren, a long time ago (a very long time ago) I told you a secret about Leo.  Remember?  You were sworn to secrecy, and I had intended to reveal the secret long before this.  But the time is almost ripe for the truth to be revealed.  And I have to say, you are one of the best secret-keepers I've ever known!  Please don't tell me you just forgot about it ...  ;)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #324 on: October 12, 2012, 06:16:59 PM »
Well, who knows - maybe Laurie saw A's hairdo when he was at the shoe store?  If that hairdo has helped A achieve undying fame, can you blame Laurie for wanting a piece of the action?

Oh, and Audren, a long time ago (a very long time ago) I told you a secret about Leo.  Remember?  You were sworn to secrecy, and I had intended to reveal the secret long before this.  But the time is almost ripe for the truth to be revealed.  And I have to say, you are one of the best secret-keepers I've ever known!  Please don't tell me you just forgot about it ...  ;)

Indeed I did not forget! I would've mentioned it in my last post, but chose not to in case you didn't want others to know I knew something they didn't. (Obviously that is not an issue) I am curious to see how this will be addressed, so it'll still be surprising to read it!  ;D

Offline donatello

• Occult
« Reply #325 on: October 12, 2012, 06:26:53 PM »
The wheels are turning in my head... This is so suspenseful! That's exactly what you meant to do, isn't it...

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #326 on: October 12, 2012, 06:28:12 PM »
Indeed I did not forget! I would've mentioned it in my last post, but chose not to in case you didn't want others to know I knew something they didn't. (Obviously that is not an issue) I am curious to see how this will be addressed, so it'll still be surprising to read it!  ;D

Thank you for not letting the cat out of the bag.  There is still a little more to come in this story, and then you can tell the world "I knew long ago!"  :D

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Flowers waiting for Grim - Plans and Further Revelations from Leo
« Reply #327 on: October 16, 2012, 10:42:18 AM »
Plans and Further Revelations from Leo

The morning after the party, Imogen, Joyce and Kaye leave to begin their new careers and life in town.

Laurie doesn't leave with the other students.  He has more important plans.  Plans involving Marigold and a special ring.

Not to be outdone, Leo changes into his swimsuit (the better to show off his impressive muscle definition from all that sculpting) and pops the question to Sunflower.

Soon wedding plans are underway.  Sunflower wants a big wedding - eight guests!  She and Leo are making up their guest list.

Then Leo says casually:  You know, we'll have to invite my Dad.
Sunflower:  Your Dad?  You have a Dad?
Leo:  Well, yeah - did you think I hatched from an egg?
Sunflower:  Of course not!  It's just that you've never mentioned him before.  Of course your father must come to the wedding!  I'd love to meet him!
Leo shifts uncomfortably:  You already know him.

Sunflower:  Leo, I think you'd better tell me just what this is all about.
Leo:  My parents died when I was a child.  I was taken into care by Social Services.  I was waiting to be adopted, but then I aged up to a teenager.  And nobody wants to adopt teenagers.  I was resigned to living out the rest of my days in the Sim Bin.  One day I was out in the yard alone.  An old man walking past stopped to talk to me and somehow I found myself telling him my story.  The next thing I knew, I was leaving with him.  It wasn't an official adoption, but he took me in and gave me a good start in life.  He put up with my teenage rebellion and my wild behaviour.  He's the one who made me come here to help you.

Sunflower:  Made you come here - you mean Mr Payne? Your father is Mr Payne?
Leo:  Yes.  We don't have the same last name because it wasn't an official adoption, but he's been a father to me.  When he saw the hardships that I and other orphans experienced, that's what inspired him to start his Orphanage Projects.  You might say I was his first orphanage project.  I really owe him a lot.     I know I've caused him a lot of worry over the years, and it would mean a lot to him to see us married.
Sunflower:  I don't know what would have become of Marigold and me if not for Mr Payne.  And now, to think that I have him to thank for you, as well!  We all owe him so much.

And at this point, I think Sunflower and Leo could use a little privacy so we'll say goodbye for now.

And yes, the relationship between Leo and Mr Payne is the secret Audren has kept so well for so long!  For which I am very grateful. 

I do plan to give the two couples a wedding.  Please understand that my poor Sims are not like the privileged Sims in other peoples' games who get splendid weddings.  My Sims are far more likely to have an intimate ceremony in the bathroom or some other un-lovely setting.  But I am going to try to do my best for Sunflower, Leo, Marigold and Laurie.  And for Mr Payne.  Give us a bit of time to set this up.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #328 on: October 16, 2012, 11:47:31 AM »
Whooaaa! Did Not see that one coming! That explains Mr. Payne's attitude toward Leo a lot!

By samoht04

Offline 8bambi4

• Nooboo
« Reply #329 on: October 16, 2012, 05:40:30 PM »
I just love this story!!!  It's like reading a book, once you started, you can't stop!!!  Sooo happy Leo made that "young again" potions!!!  I was hoping for something like that to happen!!  Really an awesome story!!!  Thanks for all the effort ♥

anything