Author Topic: The Flowers waiting for Grim - Completed  (Read 88217 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Flowers of Twinbrook
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2011, 06:12:56 PM »
Maybe "The Trees of SV"?

Huh?  Sorry, but that one must have gone right over my head.  Their last name is Flowers, hence "The Flowers of Twinbrook".  But where did the trees come from?

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2011, 06:17:32 PM »
Well, I figured since you're changing the town, maybe a tiny bit of the title could be changed too. "The Flowers of Sunset Valley" would work too - I was also thinking that maybe they could meet Mr. Tree and his brother, Mr. Tree, in SV, marry and become the "Trees of SV".
It's all up to you, though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2011, 06:24:01 PM »
Oh, I see.  Thanks for explaining.  Well ... I think we'll just have to wait and see what fate has in store for our heroines.  :)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline MissMaths

• Townie
  • Please call me Alice - it is my name, after all...
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2011, 06:11:28 AM »
¡Adios, señoritas! ¡Hasta luego!
Bye Flowers. Great update, can't wait to see what they'll do in SV. ;D

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2011, 07:21:01 AM »
Yay! Finally, they left the grumpy town of Twinbrook! Can't wait to see their adventures in Sunset Valley. Great update! :D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Flowers waiting for Grim
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2011, 10:37:38 AM »
Chapter Six

Marigold and Sunflower arrive in Sunset Valley hoping for congenial surroundings in which to continue waiting for Grim.  The taxi drops them off at the property they purchased online.

Sunflower:  "Mature landscaping"?  The plants are all dead!
Marigold:  "Cozy cottage"?  It's tiny!
Sunflower:  The siding is pretty.
Marigold:  Maybe it's bigger than it looks.  Let's look at the inside.

They open the door.

Marigold:  Oh, my stars!

Sunflower:  It's an outhouse!
Marigold:  A men's outhouse, no less.
Sunflower:  "Unique," all right.  As for "potential" - that's about all it has.
Marigold:  Do you realize we spent all the money we had on an outhouse we can't even use?  What will we do?  

Tears begin to fall as they realize that they are in the same position as too many old women:  alone, poor, unwanted, and with nothing to do but wait for Grim.

Dear Readers, I hope you will forgive a bit of editorializing at this point.  Because there is a sad truth in what has happened to Marigold and Sunflower.  When it comes to purchasing property, "Buyer Beware".  Many real estate agents are honourable, dedicated and trustworthy people.  But there are a few bad actors in any profession, and our girls were taken in by an unscrupulous con artist wanting to make a sale at any cost.  I would hope there aren't any houses quite like this one on the market in real life, but if you search for "real estate euphemisms" you'll find all the expressions used in the description that fooled our girls.  Buyer beware.  

I apologize for the off-topic comments, and now the editorial ends.

Offline MissMaths

• Townie
  • Please call me Alice - it is my name, after all...
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2011, 11:40:30 AM »
Aww, poor girls! What are they going to do? ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2011, 04:12:52 PM »
I am not sure how I missed this story, but as usual, it is outstanding.  It really is very good Schipperke.  It looks like I will have alot of catching up to do when I get my computer set back up next weekend.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2011, 04:15:35 PM »
Woo, that is quite a mission they got themselves into! Poor Marigold and Sunflower *sniff*
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2011, 07:44:00 PM »
Omg I can't believe I just found this story.
I feel bad for them, I know how they feel cause when my family bought our new house there was a lot wrong with it. Not near as bad, but still.  :-[

Offline Chopsticks

• Townie
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2011, 08:53:50 AM »
Wow, thats even worse than Riches Galore's house.
"Doors are for people with no imagination" - Derek Landy

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2011, 09:42:41 AM »
Wow, thats even worse than Riches Galore's house.

Yeah, I think I'm getting a reputation as the worst builder on the forum.  Sadly, that reputation is likely well deserved!   ;D  Although even I could do a little better than this.  I hope.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2011, 09:49:05 AM »
Chapter Seven

Marigold and Sunflower decide a shopping trip might help to distract them from their many problems.  Not that they can afford to buy anything, but they can't stand around in the outhouse all day so they may as well go look at clothes. 

At the Consignment Store, they gaze wistfully at the racks of pretty clothes, wishing they could afford to replace the rags they're wearing.  Neither notices the grey-suited figure approaching.  Marigold gets a shock when she turns and finds herself facing the man from her dream.

He beams at her and says:  Welcome, ladies, welcome!  I am right, am I not - you are new to our fair town?  So how are you finding Sunset Valley?

Marigold was always told not to talk to strangers.  But she finds herself telling the little man about everything:  the disastrous house, their poverty, the loveseat being repossessed, the abusive family who wouldn't even buy shoes for them.

Sunflower joins the conversation and says:   We were never allowed to have any friends either, and we're both total social incompetents.  All the new schools in town don't benefit us at all.  What we need is a school where we could learn to be human beings.
The man in grey says thoughtfully:  Yes ... I think what you have in mind is a sort of finishing school.
Marigold concludes:  So we've come to Sunset Valley to wait for Grim.  He said he'd be coming for us soon.
The man in grey responds:  Well, don't hold your breath waiting for him.  Grim is notoriously unreliable.  Definitely not to be trusted.  Meanwhile, you need a place to stay.  Here's the address of the Fire Station.  There's a free shelter there with everything you'll need until you get back on your feet.  The Consignment Shop is always getting donations of clothing.  Give them your phone number and they'll call you if something comes in that's your size.  And be sure to check your mailbox, eh?  You wouldn't want to miss any more important mail!  Don't worry, Sunny and Goldie - I have a feeling your luck is going to change soon. 

He bows and walks out the door.

Marigold:  I can't believe it - the man from my dream!  Who is he?  Where did he come from?   Did you catch his name?

Sunflower:  Did that man just wink at us?  Sunny.  I like that name.  Sunflower Flowers is a bit redundant-sounding, don't you think?  I never had a nickname before.  Henceforth, I shall be known as Sunny!
Marigold:  Well, "Sunny",  I guess we'd better go check out our new home.  Living at the Free Shelter at our age.
Sunflower:  I don't care.  It's better than being a servant to those meanies at home.  Come on, Goldie.  Let's go see our new place.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2011, 10:38:06 AM »
I wonder what Mr. Payne is up to now.

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2011, 12:03:42 PM »
Oh Mr.Payne, you work so hard to be a good person.