Author Topic: Memories  (Read 24841 times)

Offline Bde1225

• Immortal
  • Entertain me!
Re: Memories
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2011, 03:54:02 AM »
I have a few questions.

1- Is the 300 memories limit per sim, or per household, game, computer?

2 - Can you create your own memories when you want to?

3 - Can you take the picture yourself or are you stuck with what it gives you?

1. Not sure yet
2. Yes
3. Yes you can take the pictures you want when creating custom memories.

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...

Offline Execution

• Immortal
  • Rawr.
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2011, 08:39:32 AM »
Per sim, to answer your first question. You can delete memories by 'forgetting' them, so you'll still have plenty of space for whatever you'd like.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shady eyes* Not me.
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2011, 10:44:12 AM »
One of my families just had a baby.  The mother hadn't even finished giving birth (baby had a portrait but was before the sparkles) and the baby already had it's first memory of becoming friends with it's celebrity mother!
Origin ID: Ricalynn
Current Active Stories: Artie's TS4 Dynasty || Grim Rivalries

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious

Offline Bde1225

• Immortal
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2011, 12:51:06 AM »
One of my families just had a baby.  The mother hadn't even finished giving birth (baby had a portrait but was before the portraits) and the baby already had it's first memory of becoming friends with it's celebrity mother!

LOL yes! Everytime my married couple woohoo they both each get memories of woohooing with a celebrity!

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...

Offline Bde1225

• Immortal
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2011, 02:23:18 PM »
Do I need to upload the memories to facebook to get the prizes or can I upload them to the sims 3 site too. It only shows Facebook as an option when I press share.

Offline Xazeal

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2011, 03:18:44 PM »
Do I need to upload the memories to facebook to get the prizes or can I upload them to the sims 3 site too. It only shows Facebook as an option when I press share.

The "share" button is only for Facebook. To the left of that button, you have the options to delete the memory or upload it on the sims 3 site.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter where you upload the memories. I've uploaded 8 memories on the sims 3 site and the in-game statistics page says I haven't shared anything, so I thought maybe you need to share on Facebook to get the rewards. However, when I check my purchase history, I have indeed received two rewards. I guess it takes a while for the statistics to update or something.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2011, 07:44:57 PM »
The computer that you get from the rewards is pretty cool looking and I like the bookshelf.  There is another one in buy mode that looks similar, but I like the one from the rewards better.  I turned the memories on when my teens went to the prom and then turned it back off.  It is ok, but not one of my favorite features.  It has its ups and downs. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Read forum rules
Riches to Rags

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2011, 10:05:46 PM »
I kept it notifying me until I got the 4 rewards. Then I turned it off.
There are actually 7 rewards but the last three are clothes and didn't interest me.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shady eyes* Not me.
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2011, 07:34:12 AM »
Where do you go to see the rewards before you start sharing?  I haven't been sharing because I thought it was facebook only, too.
Origin ID: Ricalynn
Current Active Stories: Artie's TS4 Dynasty || Grim Rivalries

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2011, 05:15:25 PM »
Where do you go to see the rewards before you start sharing?  I haven't been sharing because I thought it was facebook only, too.

Ricalynn, please see my reply #11 in this same topic.  I posted pictures of the first 4 rewards and the badges one can be given.  The next two rewards are shown below.  The aerobics outfit is for a YA-A and the other outfit is for a male toddler.   I heard that the 7th reward is a man's shirt.

Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2011, 10:23:59 AM »
Hello guys. I just started my game and I already got three pop-ups. One on the new place, which was cool. I was like man I love getting memories again. Then one after the CAS when I changed clothes, which was like weird but I was I guess. Then when I got the one about going to the park I was already irritated. Then I go to tell you all about it and bam its already up. I see I am not the only one that finds them a tad annoying.   :-\

OK so there was a lot said in four pages:

I didn't know there was a limit. I guess its too early to find out what happens when the limit is reached being that we all just started. There has to be something up with that because having all these piddly memories can fill that up fast. I thought about it and maybe 'they' figured we are bound to delete the ones that we think aren't important. But if Sims are getting other people's memories, i.e. toddlers learning how to walk and stuff when they didn't do it, then when they become grand parents and stuff that 400 will fill up fast.

I have a weird thing. I created a couple in CAS and gave them a male and a female toddler. In-game, the father taught the son the three skills while the mother taught the daughter the three skills. In the memories, it says they each taught the kids! So they have 6 memories of it instead of 3 each! I definitely don't get how the mother and father have memories of teaching the kids how to do stuff when they didn't do it!  ::)

I think both of them got it not because that was a baby memory not a memory of who did it. A memory that their little darlings have taken their first step, went potty, etc.

Ok the sharing memories thing. That's so cool Mtglady! I guess there's a perk on getting so many memories. Did we establish if it is Facebook only or not? What about non Facebook people? And when you share on Facebook does it go to my page or the Sims3 Facebook page?

I didn't know there was a scrapbook I'm going to have to check that out. Looked really cool. Thanks for sharing that.

Ok and how do I turn off the pop up thing? And how do I get to the 'memory bank' to edit and delete or whatever?

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2011, 09:14:08 PM »
To get to the memories and stuff, just click on the tab that shows how old they are and traits, then hit the little button that (I think) says scrapbook. Then I know you can click forget this memory and it'll ask if your sure click yes and it's gone. How to turn it off, I'm not sure but I'm pretty sure if that's an option it would be in your game options like suppressing opportunity's. And no it wasn't that, it said they had taught them to do it when they didn't. I took care of it by "forgetting" them lol.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2011, 09:20:29 PM »
Is anyone else having a problem getting their rewards for memories?  I got the grill ok, but now the scrapbook says I have 4 rewards, but when I go to the download screen nothing is there.  I have also checked my purchase history at the sims store and only the grill is there.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2011, 12:26:13 AM »
So if you hit the button share and it automatically goes to the EA site, or does it go to the launcher and after you have to upload it?

Sorry, but I'm slightly confused by this.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2011, 03:56:07 AM »
To get to the memories and stuff, just click on the tab that shows how old they are and traits, then hit the little button that (I think) says scrapbook. Then I know you can click forget this memory and it'll ask if your sure click yes and it's gone. How to turn it off, I'm not sure but I'm pretty sure if that's an option it would be in your game options like suppressing opportunity's. And no it wasn't that, it said they had taught them to do it when they didn't. I took care of it by "forgetting" them lol.

AAwww Esther you deleted- I mean forgot them? Lol. Now they aren't going to be able to share the memory of their little darling accomplishments. hehe. I did find the button in options thanks.

Ok I shared a couple memories and haven't gotten anything yet. I thought there was a prize for sharing one memory. And there's this bar on the stats page. How does that get filled?

I wish there was a way to change the pictures that are for the memories. The one about a new outfit is just a picture of the mirror. It would have been better to have a picture of the outfit. O well I'll probably forget that one too.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2011, 04:42:14 AM »
You can share to the Sims 3 Website and they go straight there, you just click on the sort of hand like button next to Share and it asks you if you want to share to the sims 3 Site and you say Yes.  Then they appear in your Studio like mine: Example, Click on the memory tab. I've got 48 whilst typing this. I havn't shared to Facebook at all and I have the Rewards. Computer, Bookshelf, Grill and The HotTub!(Booyah didn't know about that one!)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2011, 04:45:40 AM »
I havn't shared to Facebook at all and I have the Rewards. Computer, Bookshelf, Grill and The HotTub!(Booyah didn't know about that one!)
The computer and Bookshelf are awesome! The HotTub looks very similiar to one of the other ones but I still use it! ;)
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2011, 04:48:37 AM »
The computer and Bookshelf are awesome! The HotTub looks very similiar to one of the other ones but I still use it! ;)

You can never have enough Hot-Tubs.  :D

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2011, 04:52:54 AM »
Sweet, I only had to upload 36 memories before I got the four rewards! I think I'll turn of the automatic memories, but I like being able to make my own custom ones.  :D

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2011, 08:49:27 AM »
I just updated game, and first memory in my decadynasty is:
"Emma just picked up Annan. She will always remember how just incredibly soft Annan felt in her arms."

I have a feeling I will be turning off this pop ups very soon!

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2011, 09:17:12 AM »
I had my Dynasty Spare with a full Painting Skill Bar at Level 9, I had quit before she maxed and then she maxed Painting and I got two memories, Learnt Painting and Maxed Painting. Lol, I turned my Notifications off now, you don't need them anyway, It's a cool feature but just on over kill.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2011, 10:16:15 AM »
Now I see what you all meant about overwhealming memories. Gobias was fishing, and after few Sim hours, there are dozen memories. Catch Anchovny for the first time, Catch record size Anchovny (few of these), Catch perfect Anchovny, same for 3 other type of fish, gain skill level, and catch 100kg of fish in total. That is more angler talk than I can handle!

Leto85

« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2011, 02:47:16 PM »
Now I see what you all meant about overwhealming memories. Gobias was fishing, and after few Sim hours, there are dozen memories. Catch Anchovny for the first time, Catch record size Anchovny (few of these), Catch perfect Anchovny, same for 3 other type of fish, gain skill level, and catch 100kg of fish in total. That is more angler talk than I can handle!

Haha, tell me about it.
In China my sim had memorized the fact he has 'for the first time' found his 300th relic. :P I think those memories mosty can count for newborn sims.

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2011, 05:09:02 PM »
Ok I shared a couple memories and haven't gotten anything yet. I thought there was a prize for sharing one memory. And there's this bar on the stats page. How does that get filled?

The reward for one memory is only a badge.  If you go to your 'My Page' on the official forum and look in 'My Goodies', then under Badges you will see the badge.  If you want to use it click on 'Favorite' and it will appear on your avatar.

The bar fills up with each memory you share (see my post #22 in this topic).    

Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Offline athena

• Occult
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2011, 05:26:18 AM »
How do we make a photo album? I also would like to make one for my toddler's memories. Thanks! :)

anything