Author Topic: Memories  (Read 39443 times)

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
Re: Memories
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2011, 12:11:55 AM »
Oh my.

Picture: My Male Sim on Toilet.
Memory Title: Had A Baby.
Caption: That baby must have been the size of a watermelon! Oh, how quickly the love of parenthood is felt when cradling a newborn in one's arms.

I'm quite scared now.

I think we should actually see the subject of the memory, not the Sim. Seeing the Sim would just provide for uncomfortable moments. Like this one.

I agree! Sometimes the pictures are so...just not right for the moment at all. It cracks me up but at other times I don't think it represents the memory best.
Execution, that's just too funny! :D

I had a LOL at that one too! That is memorable! :D

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...

Offline Execution

• Occult
  • Rawr.
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2011, 12:17:11 AM »
I'm making a photo album out of my toddler's memory book. I have a picture of her playing with a rabbit toy, sleeping with a teddy bear, in a pirate treasure chest (toy box to you non-imaginative people), and other stuff that's just too cute.~

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2011, 01:20:58 AM »
I have a weird thing. I created a couple in CAS and gave them a male and a female toddler. In-game, the father taught the son the three skills while the mother taught the daughter the three skills. In the memories, it says they each taught the kids! So they have 6 memories of it instead of 3 each! I definitely don't get how the mother and father have memories of teaching the kids how to do stuff when they didn't do it!  ::)

Offline NancyJ

• Immortal
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2011, 01:42:41 AM »
Honestly, I thought the memories were going to be cool but they're really lame - my sim has 270 memories and only 80 are unique (and they're all really mundane stuff like "went to the library", "spent over 2k at the spa" etc

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2011, 02:08:07 AM »
Honestly, I thought the memories were going to be cool but they're really lame - my sim has 270 memories and only 80 are unique (and they're all really mundane stuff like "went to the library", "spent over 2k at the spa" etc

Yeah it does become a little too much when almost EVERYTHING gets a memory. I do like the layout of the scrapbook though. I still wonder if 300 is the limit? If that is the case then that will be used up quick with all the silly little memories. I think they can be deleted though. So you can get rid of the less important ones.

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2011, 02:10:17 AM »
I know. My sims just got self-employed and got 2 more memories.  ::) They also got a party invitation. That's a memory too lol. Thank goodness I can "forget" insignificant ones!

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2011, 02:31:06 AM »
I absolutely agree that it's overwhelming. There are just too many of these. That feature's going off. :P Thanks for sharing the information mtglady, I won't have to mess with this annoying system now that I can tell people a perk to using it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2011, 02:48:55 AM »

I have been playing for a few hours now and have received three of the rewards I showed the pictures for.  I now have the computer, the book case and the outdoor grill ;D.
I discovered that you can look at the statistics page in your scrapbook and it indicates how many rewards you have been given and how many more memories you need to unlock the next one.

Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2011, 03:22:23 AM »
I am loving the layout of that scrapbook! Seems a bit overwhelming, but I am curious to experience it myself. :D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2011, 03:42:07 AM »
I have a few questions.

1- Is the 300 memories limit per sim, or per household, game, computer?

2 - Can you create your own memories when you want to?

3 - Can you take the picture yourself or are you stuck with what it gives you?

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2011, 03:54:02 AM »
I have a few questions.

1- Is the 300 memories limit per sim, or per household, game, computer?

2 - Can you create your own memories when you want to?

3 - Can you take the picture yourself or are you stuck with what it gives you?

1. Not sure yet
2. Yes
3. Yes you can take the pictures you want when creating custom memories.

Offline Execution

• Occult
  • Rawr.
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2011, 08:39:32 AM »
Per sim, to answer your first question. You can delete memories by 'forgetting' them, so you'll still have plenty of space for whatever you'd like.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2011, 10:44:12 AM »
One of my families just had a baby.  The mother hadn't even finished giving birth (baby had a portrait but was before the sparkles) and the baby already had it's first memory of becoming friends with it's celebrity mother!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2011, 12:51:06 AM »
One of my families just had a baby.  The mother hadn't even finished giving birth (baby had a portrait but was before the portraits) and the baby already had it's first memory of becoming friends with it's celebrity mother!

LOL yes! Everytime my married couple woohoo they both each get memories of woohooing with a celebrity!

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2011, 02:23:18 PM »
Do I need to upload the memories to facebook to get the prizes or can I upload them to the sims 3 site too. It only shows Facebook as an option when I press share.