Author Topic: Imaginary Friends  (Read 419824 times)

loveSims

Re: Imaginary Friends
« Reply #315 on: December 13, 2011, 04:43:47 AM »
Lol Esther! It look like she realy want to get out of that invetory ;D

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #316 on: December 13, 2011, 04:49:18 AM »
Lol Esther! It look like she realy want to get out of that invetory ;D
Lol yes she did. Din't help her much though because once the birthday was over and she was fixed, she went right back in. I love IF's, but seeing her stand there talking to herself and making weird hand gestures is just too weird for me. If Pam was able to talk and interact with her it would be different, but she has to paint 24/7.  ;D Well, they did talk for a little bit, but she still didn't discover the last 2 traits.  ::)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #317 on: December 13, 2011, 02:47:11 PM »
Okay I started a topic about this but nobody answered.  :( Anyway, after one of my triplets' IF came out of doll state, her sister got a wish to chat with him! Is this just a weird glitch or do siblings know about each other's IFs?
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline A126

• Nooboo
Imaginary Friends
« Reply #318 on: December 13, 2011, 04:09:14 PM »
Okay I started a topic about this but nobody answered.  :( Anyway, after one of my triplets' IF came out of doll state, her sister got a wish to chat with him! Is this just a weird glitch or do siblings know about each other's IFs?

Maybe it is a glitch or once they come out of doll state, the sister/game sees them and gives a wish to chat to him.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #319 on: December 13, 2011, 08:55:33 PM »
That has to be a glitch. I've had several IF's and the only person that knows about them is the person it belongs to.

Offline makeupinternet

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #320 on: January 07, 2012, 05:35:37 PM »

Same thing happened to my sim siblings! One got a wish to chat with the other siblings' IF. Must be a glitch..

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #321 on: January 11, 2012, 03:40:17 AM »
I have some questions about Imaginary Friends that I'd like to ask here. I'm not sure if these questions have already been asked and answered or not but I'd like to have a clear understanding of these questions anyway.

1: My female Sim has the "Surrounded by family" lifetime wish, if I make an IF real and age it up to a teen then will
    this count towards her wish?

2: Do IFs count towards the maximum number of Sims you can have in a household? Or do they have to be made
    real for that to count.

3: If I have 8 Sims living in a household will I be able to make a IF real?

I think that's most of what I need to know, for now. This is the first time I've had IFs as I've only had Generations for about a month. Both of my two girls got a doll so any information related to my questions would be helpful.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #322 on: January 11, 2012, 04:52:42 AM »
Welcome to the forums Rainbow Dash!

1. I'm not sure as I've never done it, but I doubt it as it has to be their child or an adopted child to fill that wish.

2. Only when turned real will they count to the 8 limit.

3. I don't think so, as turning it real will make it part of the household.

Enjoy the game!  ;D

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #323 on: January 11, 2012, 01:29:00 PM »
I just discovered that adopting kids can get you an IF as well.  I just adopted 4 toddlers and all 4 of them got IF's in the mail.  I didn't get a notice though about great Aunt or Godmother sending them, they just appeared in the mail.

:)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #324 on: January 12, 2012, 03:56:15 AM »
Now my Son just got one, although his was not sent by a relative but by the Lotso Family. All three of my kids have a doll now, I plan on having two more children, wonder what the chances are of all my kids getting an IF! xD

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #325 on: January 12, 2012, 01:48:54 PM »
I used to think it was every kid after Generations was installed got one cause that had been my experience, but in my Dynasty, my second generation got one when she was a baby, but my third generation didn't get one. She's now a teen so I don't see her getting one so I guess it's just random in who gets one.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #326 on: January 12, 2012, 04:33:58 PM »
All the kids born in my games after I installed Generations have had one.

Oddly, though, my 5th gen dynasty heir can turn into a doll. She's the granddaughter of an IF. Does anyone know how long this can carry on down the family tree?

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #327 on: January 14, 2012, 08:52:35 AM »
Mine had too until Paige. She broke the pattern lol. I don't know, I've never tested on how long hidden traits pass down, but I know Leto has, so maybe he could share that info?  ;D

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #328 on: January 14, 2012, 09:12:27 AM »
Panther Character had the Imaginary Friend Gene in the file he was born in, his Grandmother was the IF turned real. The Panther on UC is a CAS version so he lost it.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #329 on: January 14, 2012, 07:30:09 PM »
My Sim couple just had twins had both of them got a doll, identical dolls to be exact!  :D Twins are still babies so it's too early to tell if they will be identical or fraternal yet, I do wonder if those dolls were trying to tell me something though, lol.

My eldest just aged into a child but I forgot to drag her IF out of her inventory and onto the floor so that it could age up with her.  :( She's only just blown out the candles and is eating birthday cake, is it too late to try and age up the IF now?