Author Topic: Imaginary Friends  (Read 418975 times)

Offline A.Drake

• Nooboo
Re: Imaginary Friends
« Reply #420 on: March 22, 2013, 04:11:00 PM »
So does anyone know at what age IF offspring abilities show up? I am trying to make sure a sim is an IF and not just human, can they change into doll form as a toddler or child? Or is it later on? Or does anyone know of another way to verify that the child is an IF and not just human?

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #421 on: March 22, 2013, 04:12:57 PM »
They can change form as a child. You can tell as early as infant if you have a camera - they tend to always register as "Imaginary Friend" when you take their picture. Also cats and dogs will "Investigate strange sim".
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline A.Drake

• Nooboo
« Reply #422 on: March 22, 2013, 04:25:49 PM »
Thank you, I will try the camera tonight!

Offline deelink

• Nooboo
« Reply #423 on: August 09, 2013, 05:43:00 AM »
Hi, I'm new here! Hello! Nice to meet you!
I've been playing the Sims for some time now and the teenager in my active family, Jill was actually somewhat good friends with her imaginary friend Katchoo, but then she grew into a teen before her childhood best friend and gave it to him (Jill's old bestie was Phil Han) as a gift. Well, something must've happened at that household because soon enough Katchoo became real and started visiting Jill at home. She did not like that. He would heckle her so badly that she would be in an irritated mood all day, and he does not stop being a complete brat to her whenever she is home (sometimes he follows her around too). So she declared him a nemesis and now he still shows up at the house, and she gets the negative moodlet from being heckled AND the enemy bad moodlet. Help! How do I nuke this guy outta the house!? He transports so locking him out is in vain! I looked all over the internet for aswers :(

Offline smaurine82

• Townie
    • Jensen Legacy
« Reply #424 on: September 29, 2013, 03:17:56 PM »
Has anyone else had an issue where the imaginary friend doll is never mailed to them? I've had this game issue for some time now despite which family or town I play. The only mods I use are story progression, master controller, and overwatch. Looking for some insight or advice. Thanks!

Offline Sentarshadeen

• Nooboo
« Reply #425 on: February 09, 2014, 07:01:35 AM »
My toddler had an IF mailed to her, played and played and played with it - the same length of time as her sisters (triplets). The sisters got the message that it was becoming special to them and when they aged up had the message to set it on the floor.

Not Camille.

Now as a child, no matter how much Camille plays with the doll, nothing is happening. I'm at the end of my tether with this one now.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #426 on: April 23, 2014, 08:45:33 PM »
Sometimes that happens. It seems to be random chance. Sorry about that...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ileana28

• Nooboo
« Reply #427 on: June 23, 2014, 05:02:53 PM »
Hey guys. I got a pretty bad glitch with my imaginary friends and I thought I would write about it here in case anyone runs into it as well. I googled it and it seemed not to be very common - actually I could find just a reference or two to this specific problem. So here it is. Sorry if it was posted here before, but through my searches I could not find very much info on this.

I have all EPs installed, no stuff packs. I have Awesome mod + lots of nraas mods (MasterController, Overwatch, Career, Woohooer, Story Progression and so on), plus a lot of CC hair, clothes etc. I am never willing to part with my mods and CC, so I tried to avoid removing them to see if it fixed the issue.

Basically, it started after the two youngest members of the fam turned into teenagers. I would open either of my two saved games of this family and it would work fine for the first 5-10 minutes. Then I'd notice that a lot of the friendships would disappear and there would be a red box in the relationship panel. Like so.

Gradually this happened to all the other sims in the household. Then I wouldn't be able to click on the cell phone. Then gradually I wouldn't be able to switch between sims properly, all the relationships, the needs and the inventories etc all got mixed up and I could never tell which sim I was controlling. Especially since all the portraits on the left were highlighted as if I had selected them. It was really effed up. I tried evicting the family and moving them back in but that only made things worse.

So I went on to do some soulsearching and googling and the only solution I found was to:
1. Immediately after opening the saved game, place all imaginary friends (I had two dolls) somewhere on the floor.
2. Type in Testingcheatsenabled true in the cheat box.
3. Shift-click on them and then delete them.

And... that was it. It seems to be working minimally glitchy again. This might not work for everyone, but I read somewhere that IFs can mess with the relationship database or something.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #428 on: June 24, 2014, 07:25:45 AM »
This has happened to me on some of my larger files.  The boxes would stay highlighted, like you said and you couldn't tell who you were controlling.  It seemed to happen to files that I had five or more sims in the household.  Also, it was an older file and the family had tons of stuff in the their inventory.  Since the file was a favorite, I went back into the game, moved two sims out and the remaining sims, took almost everything from their personal inventory.  I then saved it and went back in and the game worked fine.  I didn't have any IF in their inventory, at least I don't think I did, but I thought this might help if anyone else has this problem.  You are right though, I have had some problems with IF, so I just usually delete them when they get them. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline san123132

• Nooboo
« Reply #429 on: July 01, 2014, 10:28:27 AM »
My Toddler Sims Always have there "friends" in its inventory its weird how the build a friendship with the doll  :o

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #430 on: July 01, 2014, 01:24:47 PM »
The IFs are useful for things like best friend requirements in dynasties. And they can even be emergency helpers if you need that.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #431 on: July 01, 2014, 01:42:29 PM »
Or emergency spouses lol

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #432 on: August 12, 2014, 09:46:16 AM »
In my life states dynasty file, I have had two child sets and no IF dolls have come. Is this normal?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #433 on: August 13, 2014, 05:31:54 PM »
It's not unusual. When I was doing mine, the four generations born in Lucky Palms were all doll-less. When I had the ok to move them to Sunset Valley, the last generation got a doll.

Offline Supa Kawaii

• Nooboo
« Reply #434 on: September 03, 2014, 06:38:29 PM »
I know I'm a little late coming in to this. But, I just got Generations, and I seem to be having some difficulty with the Imaginary Friend staying a doll.
Two of my Sims gave birth to a little girl. And  the next day, she received her doll in the mail. I put it in her crib with her. Since it kept teleporting around the house, I eventually moved it to her Inventory. Fast forward a few days later, and my child Sim, whose name is Sunny, became a toddler. This is how she spent her days:
Woke up, sang too/played  with doll
Ate, sang too/played with doll
Learned to walk, sang too/played with doll
Learned to talk, sang too/played with doll
Potty trained, sang too/played with doll
Short intervals where she played with blocks, musical instrument for babies, played with pegs, and read several books, all while playing with the doll in between. Once she learned to walk, talk, and was potty trained, combined with her reading knowledge and musical/peg/block playing knowledge, Sunny played with and sang to her doll none stop. She only stopped long enough to eat. And then I fixed that with the Make All Happy choice. So basically, she NEVER put that doll down. She never got a message about how "special" the doll was to her.
Fast forward several days later, and Sunny is now a child on the honor roll, going to elementary school. Her routine was as followed: Played with doll, sang to doll, hosted tea party, went to school, came home, played/sang/tea party, homework.
Repeat.
Every. Single. Day.
And still, nothing. I see the plus relationship sign over Sunny and her doll whenever she  interacts with it. And when she sets it down onto the floor to go prepare juice for the tea party, a faint little musical jingle briefly plays. Kinda windchimey  sounding. Instead of sitting down, the doll stands up on its own. And does nothing more than that. He just stands there.
Nothing I do makes him imaginary. I've kept him in her Inventory, and I've kept him out of her Inventory. While she's at school, or ballet practice, her doll, whom I named Haku, sits in her room, free to teleport around the house like a Gnome, should he choose too.
He does not.
Am I missing something? Did I do something wrong? Why is Haku still a doll? If I make Sunny a baby again, and have her play with Haku nonstop, will he become "special" to her?
 -edit- Sunny also took brief intervals to discover potions on her chemistry set, in order to make her IF real, should Haku become anything more than a doll.
-edit- I even had her drink the Melancholy Serum, to lower her Social and Fun bar, just to see if that would somehow make a difference. None doin'.