Author Topic: Imaginary Friends  (Read 415288 times)

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
Re: Imaginary Friends
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2011, 11:24:52 PM »
Okay! Thankies, both of you~! ^^
Formerly Simstar3

Offline TrickStar

• Nooboo
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2011, 09:58:04 AM »
At toddler age the IF was great as it keeps her busy all the time after she was done with potty and skill toys. No more random crying because she fell while walking around.
Now at child age its annoying the heck out of me.
Any autonomous action is interrupted as the attentionhog wants to do something else  >:( . I have to micromanage her now as userdirected actions it can't interfere with. Or so i thought as i watched her shooing it out of the bathroom and not finishing the bath.  ::) . Keep in mind i have a [mod mention removed-gerrr00].
Also creeps me out that its constantly breathing down her neck while shes busy, like shes having a stalker.

Today i just did Leave me alone instantly after she woke up and now browsing around to get rid of it. As you noticed the IF is not my favorite addition to the game.  :-\

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2011, 11:58:15 AM »

Now at child age its annoying the heck out of me.
Any autonomous action is interrupted as the attentionhog wants to do something else  >:( . I have to micromanage her now as userdirected actions it can't interfere with. Or so i thought as i watched her shooing it out of the bathroom and not finishing the bath.  ::) . Keep in mind i have [mod mention removed-gerrr00].
Also creeps me out that its constantly breathing down her neck while shes busy, like shes having a stalker.

I find an easy way of stopping the creepy stalker action is when the child goes to sleep the imaginary friend turns back into a toy.  Pick it up and put it in your child's inventory there it stays until you bring it back out to play.  I had the same problem with triplets, their imaginary friends kept getting in the way of the other kids and no one was getting anything done.  Now I just let them out one at a time for 'play time'  

:)

Offline TrickStar

• Nooboo
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2011, 05:02:31 PM »
Doh ! Ive seen it turning back into a doll but didn't think of trying to put it back in her inventory, thanks for the heads up  ;D

OT: For me hopefully no triplets or twins with this family. The last weeks ive been busy with a family where the mum and dad had 4 kids and in a "moment of brilliance" i gave those and their spouses the fertility treatment LTR [mod mention removed-gerrr00]. It was more a military operation then a family at some point.  :P

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2011, 05:25:48 PM »
Doh ! Ive seen it turning back into a doll but didn't think of trying to put it back in her inventory, thanks for the heads up  ;D

OT: For me hopefully no triplets or twins with this family. The last weeks ive been busy with a family where the mum and dad had 4 kids and in a "moment of brilliance" i gave those and their spouses the fertility treatment LTR [mod mention removed-gerrr00]. It was more a military operation then a family at some point.  :P

Welcome to the forum Trickstar.  We have strict rules concerning mods.  You can find a link in my signature to the forum rules.  Please take a moment to read them.  Thank you.
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2011, 07:32:49 PM »

I had the triplets (which is fine normally) but then with imaginary friends..... yikes!  My small home was so congested that the kids were late to their sisters graduation.  Then I figured to put them back into the inventory and phew... it made it so much easier.  Now they've all been turned into real people and living under the same roof.  Still a bit crazy (eight people plus the butler makes for some grumpy sims, always bumping into each other... And I'm one of those players who like to mirco manage so its driving me crazy! haha!   2 days and the triplets grow up into Young Adults and then they can leave... and take their imaginary real friends with them!  :D)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2011, 08:06:34 PM »
My toddler aged up today and I took Patches out of his inventory and placed it by his bed while he ate his cake, and Patches grew into a child IF, but he walks, he walks with the woohoo strut!! LOL it's so funny. Do they all walk like that or is it just mine?

Next time I am on, hopefully tonight, I'll tape him walking and post it. That's if its not a glitch and fixes itself.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jonna

• Occult
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2011, 08:10:13 PM »
My toddler aged up today and I took Patches out of his inventory and placed it by his bed while he ate his cake, and Patches grew into a child IF, but he walks, he walks with the woohoo strut!! LOL it's so funny. Do they all walk like that or is it just mine?

Next time I am on, hopefully tonight, I'll tape him walking and post it. That's if its not a glitch and fixes itself.

I believe they always strut.  After I turned mine into a real Sim, he walked normally but could be commanded to Strut (the same way you tell them to Go Here).

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2011, 08:22:38 PM »
Yeah that's just how they walk!  ;D

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2011, 08:27:54 PM »
thanks I can rest now. I was hoping it wasn't another glitch I had to figure out.. I've had enough of them this weekend... :o

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2011, 09:25:35 PM »
I am slightly disappointed that the other children can't see the imaginary friend, or interact with it. I wish Insane and Childish Sims could see him/her too.  :-\

Offline GenTheHen

• Townie
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2011, 11:50:33 PM »
My toddler Claire O'Hare just aged up to a child, just before she blew out the candles with help from her mummy I took her doll out of her inventory and placed it on the floor.
About 1 hour sim time after she had become a child her doll become the imaginary friend.

Offline GenTheHen

• Townie
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2011, 02:03:07 AM »
It seems my sim can only play with her imaginary friend on her home lot
any else find this?
I want to play with Patches at the park!

Offline TrickStar

• Nooboo
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2011, 06:17:18 AM »
Had my child take it to various places like park and library ,played with it there but it stayed in doll form. Even left it for a few hours by itself but just stayed a doll.
But as soon she got home (and got scolded for missing school  :D ) , I took it out of inventory and it turned to friend form instantly.
So seems its bound to the home lot yes.

Offline TrickStar

• Nooboo
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2011, 08:28:46 PM »
Daughter was playing with her friend in the bathroom when mom wanted to take a shower. There she did the destination blocked whine and the bubble showed it was the friend was the cause. Switched to daughter and indeed it was in front of the shower.

cndneh mentioned this behavior but now ive seen it myself, it makes me wonder if EA overlooked this or is intended.
If its intended that eventho the friend is invisible but its still occupying space and the sims can detect that, the point of friends being invisible doesnt seem that usefull.
Imaginary means to me its only real to the sim who sees it, it should not exist for other sims. Therefor it should not be able to block or hinder movement.

Call me a fussypants but it seems wrong choice to me. :P
I wonder what others think about it.