Author Topic: Odd gnome behavior  (Read 13839 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Odd gnome behavior
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2011, 12:04:24 PM »
The gnomes in my game have always been $1000.00, whether it was from fishing or gem collecting.  Now, I have gotten a couple of the gnome statues and they are not that expensive and they don't do anything. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Noodles

• Occult
  • Guineapig lover ♥
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2011, 12:12:37 PM »
The gnomes in my game have always been $1000.00, whether it was from fishing or gem collecting.  Now, I have gotten a couple of the gnome statues and they are not that expensive and they don't do anything. :)

The fishing gnome? That's odd, because I've had two angler sims who both fished all their life. First was before the patch and he always got cheap gnomes, and not too often. My current sim had about 5-10 gnomes in her invertory (still a YA) and not a single cheap one. I think the item image was the same because it was only the price that caught my attention. So I guess the first fisher got only statues and now I only get magical ones for some reason... I wonder if it's just chance.
Well, one more new thing for me! I love this game, there's so much detail in it. ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2011, 12:16:19 PM »
It is not too often I got gnomes while fishing, but I have gotten a few.  I have gotten more gnomes in the mail instead of my gems than while fishing.  I really think the new behavior of the gnomes now is really cute and find myself trying to find them when they vanish, lol.  They have a few more positions too, which I think are cute. :)

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2011, 10:54:52 PM »
Gnomes apparently grow old now.  I know that they die because I have had a few markers on my sim's land even though my sim family didn't own any.   I also believe the vampire gnome will turn the teddy bear to another vampire gnome though I haven't tested that myself.  I don't have any gnomes this game but I have had a lot in the past.

Yes, the cheap gnomes are just statues.  They don't do anything.

Nashee

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2011, 01:28:24 AM »
I never knew the gnomes could move until I was reading about how they could marry with Generations. I used buydebug just to get a bunch of them and watch them move around my yard ^_^ I haven't gotten any babies yet, but I'm going to try next time I play.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2011, 04:32:07 AM »
Do these gnomes wreak havoc in the house? I've bevore had the blocking the fridge so you couldn't eat, and other things.

Offline athena

• Occult
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2011, 04:35:53 AM »
I have a few questions: Do the new gnomes interaction apply to new gnomes caught/acquired in Generations? Or do the interactions apply to our old gnomes (pre-generations) game?  Next, how do you marry gnomes? How does one know if a gnome is male or female (in order to marry them off) all I have are male gnomes. I got most of my gnomes by fishing, and one by doing the laundry, I also picked one up in France near the museum, I haven't gotten one by mail. Thanks! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2011, 06:13:49 AM »
I don't know how they marry but maybe they arrange it themselves.  :D I haven't bothered about them much for a while.  I would guess the new interactions came with the patch rather than Generations but if you are asking about them moving about, they have done that since the base game.  You used to have to give them a bit of a kick back then to stir them into life. ;D

MoMoll, I have found them to be a nuisance for sure.  They turn on the TV and usually break it.  I haven't noticed them blocking the fridge but I guess they could do that.  You can move them though.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2011, 10:13:08 AM »
I had one block the elevator too. I bought the caveman and TimeMachine at the Consignment shop just to see.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2011, 07:30:20 PM »
Having gnomes break the tv could be  a good thing if you are trying to super-max the handiness skill :)

Offline kindofagirl

• Townie
  • Hanson fan since 1997.
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2011, 10:42:41 AM »
How do you get Gnomes?

I haven't played for about a week as I am in a huff because my main game has crashed, well its lagged big time, i've tried everything suggested on here to no avail.

I had 3 saved games and it's only happened to this one.
Sims 3 newbie

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2011, 10:47:06 AM »
It you have tried everything else, you can get gnomes in "buydebug".  If your a gem collector and you send your gems to get cut, sometimes you get a gnome instead of your gem back.  Also, you can acquire gnomes by having your sim fish, but that is a hit or miss deal.  I have had sims fish constantly and never get a gnome and then I will have a sim fish for the first time and pull in a gnome.   :)

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2011, 10:50:57 AM »
I've gotten some while tomb raiding and bought one at the consignment shop.

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2011, 06:14:52 PM »
How do you get Gnomes?

The three foreign gnomes can be found at the museum in France, second floor on pedestals. Unless they've run off... I've met them in different places at the museum sometimes.
You can just grab them and pull them into your inventory. You can put something else on the pedestals if you feel bad about stealing. 

Offline athena

• Occult
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2011, 10:00:33 PM »
Most of the gnomes I got were from fishing, they mostly appear by fishing in that lake with a waterfall in Riverview. I also get to catch gnomes while fishing in the cemetary pool looking for a death fish, but catch a gnome instead. Good Luck!

anything