Author Topic: Prom  (Read 51013 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Prom
« on: June 04, 2011, 02:39:18 PM »
I just had my first Sim Prom today in my Dynasty and it's a really interesting thing! The Limo arrives about an Hour before it starts or you can drive there yourself, it seems that your Date arrives at your House to go there with you although neither of my Twins dates went with them in the Limo, then your date arrives and you get notifications that X is really getting on with Y. I had my Dynasty Spare take a Guy she just met to Prom, they went from Aquaintances all the Way to maxed Relationships and even became Boy Friend and Girl Friend in there! The Prom Queen gets a Moodlet and a Crown. One Twin had One more School Friend than the Other and that seemed to be the determining Factor, the Pictures your Teens get also have different pictures. One Twin and her Date were dancing almost, the other Twin had her Boyfriend doing the Girl Position and her doing the Guy one of him draped on her showing off his legs! Lol! I only had a positive experience of the Prom so far. You get a mini Photograph like from the Mobile or the Small Portrait on the Camera and if they get Prom Queen they get a Crown.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Prom
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 03:20:24 PM »
Just like samoht said, I had one twin teen go single and the other twin took her date and were named Queen and King of the prom.  The first twin managed to snag a romantic interest while there.  Some of the sayings in the right corner were really neat.  I have more pics of other things in Generations too.

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 10:33:36 PM »
I am wondering what prompts the Prom? Is it when the teen is nearing the end of teenage days? Because I play with aging off, so I'm hoping I can still do prom.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 11:06:13 PM »
My teen went to prom every Sunday evening she was a teen.  It seemed like it was just on the schedule automatically.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 04:35:32 AM »
My Girls had Prom on the Monday of their last week at School. I'd think it could be random but It would give you a few days just to make friends and get in a chance at winning the Prom King or Queen, I think amount of Friends influences that.

Tia Jade and Josue Rodeik:

Megan Jade and Lucas Rodeik + Crown for Prom Queen:

Offline matrona99

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 12:01:00 AM »
My eldest teen girl got the prompt to invite someone to the prom as she was approaching her young adult birthday, but her younger teen brothers soon got the prompt as well. All three rode to the prom in a limo--they would have missed the prom entirely if I hadn't heard the limo's horn because I had all three of them slaving in the garden as it pulled up! It was a Tuesday night--I guess her upcoming birthday determined the date.

Berta, my eldest girl, was elected prom queen and her step-brother, Sam Sekemoto, was elected prom king. Um... awkward. They had a great time and improved relationships with their dates, but their younger half-brother was a typical freshman dork, falling flat on his face on the dance floor. Poor kid!

It's a nice addition to the game, I think. The messages in the corner are a hoot.

Offline athena

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 02:19:12 AM »
Are prom nights, rabbit hole events? i.e. you can't see what's happening or are prom nights like parties when you can interact with other Sims there? I'm just two days into generations... Thanks! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 02:32:17 AM »
It's in the School Rabbit Hole. So far I think the only way to influence Prom King and Queen is through Friends at School.

Offline jen2912

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 05:24:01 PM »
Is Prom on a certain day or just random cuz my teen had hers on a friday?

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 06:50:10 PM »

Prom seems to be a random event.  My teen's date showed up at his house but did not get into the limo with him.  According to the announcements, he and his date and a wonderful time.  He was also crowned King of the Prom and brought home his crown and a picture of the two of them dancing.

The funny part was that his date stayed at his house and did her homework then played with his brothers.  Somehow she ended up being in both places at once ???.
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Offline athena

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 08:43:19 PM »
My brother and sister Sims just went to the prom last night.  They both did not have any dates, but that did not turn out to be a problem. They had a great time and were separately crowned King and Queen of the night. I say separate  because each of them had a solo picture souvenir. They both received their crowns. It was a wonder to me that they were crowned because first of all, they had no dates, I thought only pairs get crowned. I was thinking it was because of friendliness ( the girl "April" had the friendly trait), but her brother Willard had the evil trait, so I guess popularity is not it. I still thought it was fabulous and I was so happy for them! They used to live kinda boring lives, April is a home buddy who spends time watching TV and caring for her toddler sister, while her teen brother Willard just goes on his evil ways, unpopular, just wants to be a scientist. Generations sure made their lives interesting!  ;D

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 02:59:54 AM »
The funny part was that his date stayed at his house and did her homework then played with his brothers.  Somehow she ended up being in both places at once ???.

Same here, one of my Girls Dates came to their house first with his Brother who was with her Sister, I then realised that only 3 of them left and 1 stayed but apaprently he was still at the Dance!

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 02:21:25 PM »
I had a male teen attend Prom with his Romantic Interest - it was Thursday of his first week of school, which he started on Monday. She came to the house and didn't get in the limo with him, but eventually left (I assumed to go to the dance - there was no 'goodbye' pop-up).  I got a series of pop-up messages: he and his date had a lot of fun dancing, he was crowned Prom King, and he came home with a Girlfriend instead of an Interest (which I hadn't quite wanted, but sometimes I have to remember that the game isn't kidding about the free will thing. :) )
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 10:52:43 PM »
I sent my heir, his 2 adopted brothers, 2 adopted sisters, and a former imaginary friend to the prom.  Several of them came home after getting into fights and being rejected.  The former imaginary friend and one of the adopted brothers are now romantic.  It was definitely interesting, oh and two of the kids were brought home by the police.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

SweetSimmies

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2011, 11:17:19 AM »
I sent my oldest daughter and her younger brother to prom. Jillian, the daughter, went with her girlfriend and Darius went solo. While there Darius was crowned king and Jillian queen. Darius got a romantic interest while he was there except there is a slight problem. His romantic interest was a dude.  :o I was shocked. Like i think there is something in the water in twinbrook. (i believe that is the name of the neighborhood). Besides that they had a wonderful time.

Offline cassims

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2011, 05:00:02 AM »
It was a wonder to me that they were crowned because first of all, they had no dates, I thought only pairs get crowned. I was thinking it was because of friendliness ( the girl "April" had the friendly trait), but her brother Willard had the evil trait, so I guess popularity is not it.

As I was starting Generations for the first time, a game tip on the loading screen said that popularity IS how you win prom king or queen
It always seems impossible until its done.
-Nelson Mandela

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2011, 01:51:48 AM »
In my test game the brother and sister ended up getting prom king and queen! I thought that was hilarious..must have been embarrassing to have the couple dance with your brother.  :D

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...

VampirePlasma

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2011, 12:12:45 PM »
I definitely don't want my sims to go with one of the same gender. No offense though. Is there any way to choose the gender you want or something? Reject the invitation from someone with same gender??

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2011, 01:34:03 PM »
One way, is to have your sim have a boyfriend/girlfriend and one ask the other to the prom.  If they go by themselves, there is a chance they will end up with a romantic interest and once at the prom, you can't do anything to stop the interest. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Ankaret

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2011, 06:11:01 AM »
My Sim went to prom with his imaginary friend who he'd made real, and they became romantic interests there!

VampirePlasma

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2011, 09:38:09 AM »
Oh. I actually don't mind, is that most of the time my little sister sits watching me play. I can barely do anything. I figure something out.

Natsuko

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2011, 10:48:16 PM »
My prom experience was defiantly interesting! My sim was asked by her Romantic Interest, her brother was asked by his imaginary friend who's a boy. The sister was crowned as Prom Queen, and her brother (who has no connections outside of his family) was crowned King! But then something interesting happened, the sister started going steady with the imaginary friend! When I read that, I nearly spit out the juice that I was drinking at the computer screen! Later in their life, the imaginary friend and the sister gave off beautiful offspring. :P

Offline CharlotteDaBookworm

• Occult
  • Call me Charlotte, Charlie or Char
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2011, 11:46:52 AM »
Do all Teens go to prom? Because in a game I'm playing to test Generations the two teens have just aged up to Young Adults and they never got the opportunity to go to prom.

Natsuko

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2011, 02:54:54 PM »
Do all Teens go to prom? Because in a game I'm playing to test Generations the two teens have just aged up to Young Adults and they never got the opportunity to go to prom.
I think it just happens randomly. In some of my games, the teens never get to go the prom, but on other games they do.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2011, 10:43:23 AM »
Week 3, Day 1. That's my time in the game. I have 3 teens, 2 twins, Summer and Rosa, and a boy who is in Military School by City Hall's request (long story).
I have their aging days set to Max due to no Prom. I am still waiting, they are about to age up and there is no Prom on the way. Summer is rebellious but yet has Honor Roll and Rosa isn't rebellious and she has Honor Roll.Is it because they caused to much trouble? Is that a bug?
I am confused.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2011, 06:28:35 PM »
My sim teen has been to three proms and been made prom queen at all of them.  I suspect the active sim might always get the crown as she is not at all popular otherwise.  I am playing on a very long life cycle so she probably has a few more proms ahead of her.  

Natsuko

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2011, 06:35:07 PM »
Week 3, Day 1. That's my time in the game. I have 3 teens, 2 twins, Summer and Rosa, and a boy who is in Military School by City Hall's request (long story).
I have their aging days set to Max due to no Prom. I am still waiting, they are about to age up and there is no Prom on the way. Summer is rebellious but yet has Honor Roll and Rosa isn't rebellious and she has Honor Roll.Is it because they caused to much trouble? Is that a bug?
I am confused.
Sigh. I think that prom comes randomly. Although I don't think your game has a bug, so you don't have to worry about that. Hmm...I wonder what's up this whole Prom deal...

VampirePlasma

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2011, 07:13:06 PM »
I took a brake from the game and after an hour came back to play. I got a surprise, Prom! Rosa got a date for prom with her BF, but unluckly for Summer, her BF aged up to young adult!  :( She can't go to prom with him. I guess she is going solo. No wonder she had a nightmare about prom.

Natsuko

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2011, 07:25:26 PM »
I took a brake from the game and after an hour came back to play. I got a surprise, Prom! Rosa got a date for prom with her BF, but unluckly for Summer, her BF aged up to young adult!  :( She can't go to prom with him. I guess she is going solo. No wonder she had a nightmare about prom.
Glad you finally got to go to the prom. Those sims are lucky...I never got my prom, lol.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2011, 09:08:26 PM »
So, I just had prom, Summer has been trying to break up with Shark but he just won't see her and I am wondering why. She went solo to Prom and Rosa went with Abel and somehow their brother, Alex, showed up at home! I thought teens in boarding school didn't her have Prom, he and Summer (both rebellious) got into a fight  ::) However Alex found a romantic interest while in there! Summer cheated on her boyfriend with some other guy and Rosa won Prom Queen when she knew nobody. That's my Prom Story, Ta-da.

Natsuko

« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2011, 09:46:33 PM »
So, I just had prom, Summer has been trying to break up with Shark but he just won't see her and I am wondering why. She went solo to Prom and Rosa went with Abel and somehow their brother, Alex, showed up at home! I thought teens in boarding school didn't her have Prom, he and Summer (both rebellious) got into a fight  ::) However Alex found a romantic interest while in there! Summer cheated on her boyfriend with some other guy and Rosa won Prom Queen when she knew nobody. That's my Prom Story, Ta-da.
Wow, sounds like mine, LOL! ;D

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2011, 01:36:54 AM »
Does anyone know if teens automatically get the day off school or work if prom happens on a school and work day?

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2011, 09:37:21 AM »
It happens in the evening (I think it starts at 6 pm) so no time off school. I don't know about part-time jobs.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2011, 10:03:13 AM »
The parents don't get a day off, neither do the students.  But I don't know about part-time jobs. Maybe I could try and find out.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2011, 12:31:39 AM »
Since no one knew the part-time job question I tried it out, and it looks like they don't automatically get the day off those.

Natsuko

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2011, 07:45:14 PM »
Yea, my sim got demoted and went back to level two of her job. I don't think it's even worth it, she went to prom solo, and on top of that, she lost Prom Queen to the "mean" girl.
But to make things worse, that teen's family is extremely poor, and her family currently has 5 simoleans.

I had a strange glitch happen. A girl went the prom with a boy, and then I got a pop up that said "Congradulations! Mary and Paul are now engaged! You can throw them a wedding party, or if your more intimate blah blah." I checked their relationship status, and it said that they were engaged! My god, way to make me freak out, Sims 3!

VampirePlasma

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2011, 08:33:37 PM »
That's hilarious! I would so get them married! Haha, I would love to see how that turned out.

Natsuko

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2011, 10:25:46 AM »
Well they got married. But the girl couldn't throw a wedding since she's still a teen. And so she threw a destination party and they got married. And then the girl and the boy both got wishes to woohoo with each other, and that was the end of that game. lol

VampirePlasma

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2011, 11:08:16 AM »
Haha. Good Times.

Natsuko

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2011, 11:42:00 AM »
Yup, that was the funnest game I've ever played!

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2011, 06:01:59 AM »
Just had my first Prom (had sent other kids to boarding school).

She returned with 4 different moodlets:
-50 Denied for Dance -she asked "her crush" twice and each time he denied her
-40 Got in a fight (keep your eyes on your own date next time)- she beat up the girl the "crush" was dancing with
+40 First Romance - she is now romantically involved with Sebastian Striker
+30 Prom Queen

All in one Prom night! Then she almost got caught out after curfew!

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2011, 06:17:29 AM »

-40 Got in a fight (keep your eyes on your own date next time)- she beat up the girl the "crush" was dancing with
+30 Prom Queen

Lol. That must have been one heck of a prom. ;D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2011, 07:27:11 AM »
I'll have to wait three weeks before another one, unless I just stay up all night and sleep on the plane.

panakesaremything

« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2011, 09:22:20 AM »
Well i think it's soooo good we've got a place to share our prom stories!!
Okay, so on the night of the prom I had this huge wardrobe malfunction!! Could NOT find the perfect outfit. When my date turned up (He looked really nice) he was all "what's with the PJ's?" so I went and go changed into a new outfit. All good. I didn't get crowned Queen though...
Still had fun! 

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2011, 11:07:26 AM »
The funny part was that this is a child I got from WooHooing in the Time Machine and she didn't know anyone in town. She had only gone to school for 2 days! I love the moodlet from the crowning - "Everyone really likes me"

Offline sydney511

• Occult
  • R.I.P. Edel - Jan. 14, 1996 - Jul. 02, 2011
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2011, 11:01:47 PM »
I haven't gotten Prom yet, but my sim, Vanessa, will ask her "crush" (She went on two dates with him and did several romantic interactions, but I haven't had a kiss or anything yet. I don't think it's time) to go to prom. He will most likely say yes, because of all said above and she has been best friends with him since her first day of childhood. :)

Offline kindofagirl

• Townie
  • Hanson fan since 1997.
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2011, 04:22:56 PM »
I'm pleased I found this thread, I have a question but judging by how random prom seems I don't know if you can help.

My teen has a boyfriend (shes been best friends with him since she was a child), she got a wish to go to prom and then when I was choosing interactions with her boyfriend, one popped up saying "ask boyfriend to prom" so she did and he said yes.

So will they just go to prom together whenever it's prom time? I don't want her to miss it.
Sims 3 newbie

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2011, 05:44:05 PM »
You will get a pop-up telling you when it is prom time.  All the same, I had problems when my teen asked her boyfriend to the prom.  It might have been me doing things badly but they got into an awful mess and both ended up going separately.  It worked fine when he asked her.  :D

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2011, 12:25:41 PM »
I just had my Twins ask their Boyfriends, the Boyfriends said Yes. Then an hour before Prom the Boys arrived and a Limo, the Girls got in the Limo and went, the Notifications told me the Boys were there when in fact back at the House they were playing the racing game on the TV.  :P

Corgi Cat

« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2011, 01:59:48 PM »

+30 Prom Queen

I had a Sim's prom end up like this one, except without the first romance. He got into a fight over someone wearing the same outfit.

I was expecting the same from his sister's prom. She was in the middle of a mood swing during hers. She didn't get into a fight though. She was named prom queen and was also turned down twice for a dance. So she danced on her own and had a great time anyway.

Offline malatara

• Nooboo
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2012, 11:27:09 AM »
Oh my Gosh! My TWINS went to prom and suddenly I get the notice that they are now ROMANTICALLY INVOLVED! They both got the 2 days "first romance" moodlet. In her relationship panel, he lost the icon for "brother" and is now just "romantic interest". While he kept both!

I thought it was weird but probably just a label. When they got home, I checked her interactions with him, no "romantic" ones possible, just as I thought. Nevertheless on the relationship bar (or w/a it is called, the one in the top left corner when they are interacting) it says "romantic interest". Then I checked his and it says "sister". BUT he had romantic options available!! I tried, shocked, amorous hug but since they were both dead tired she rejected him. I sent them both to bed, didnt know whether to laugh or be shocked. In the morning they had the First kiss!

So its official, my first incest in Sims!!!

Still dont really know what to think...

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2012, 12:55:00 PM »
Yes it's a bit messed up sometimes, one of mine got asked to prom by his aunt and I said yes, she kissed him there but it didn't change the relationship thankfully.

If I ever see an EA generated babysitter entering the building I reset them, which usually results in a message saying my sim at the prom got refused a dance and will be dancing alone for the night.

It would be nice if it did check relationships, so no family love interests and if you already have a romantic interest it gets them to invite you, or asks to go steady at the dance not somebody you barely know or a random babysitter.

In saying that one of my dynasty spares got an awesome husband from prom, a babysitter but as it's a challenge I couldn't reset him just to avoid it, I really liked him although he had the npc aging bug and was a generation older when she invited him over after graduation  :-\

So far i've had just one perfect prom, I say perfect because her RI asked her, he turned up on time and got in the limo in his formal gear, then according to the pop up message while they danced he stared deep into her eyes and then kissed her, so sweet. Usually they don't show up, or fail to get in the car, or she ends up going alone if I don't do the asking then I have the dread it will pair her up with the wrong person and not her RI  ::)

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2013, 05:34:55 AM »
This was a first for me. My female's twin brother was getting ready to ask a girl to the prom, when his sister's phone rang. It was the girl he wanted to ask who asked his sister to the prom! I had her accept, so now I'll see what happens. Looks like her brother will be going solo.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2013, 09:54:11 AM »
Has anyone ever gotten "invited" by another Sim to the prom autonomously?  I've read that it happens, but I've never experienced it.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2013, 10:54:06 AM »
Both my twins got invited by phone. However, the day after the invitation, the ones who asked them were dating someone else. Guess, they'll be going to the prom solo. Waiting for prom day to see what happens.

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2013, 02:18:15 AM »
Both my twins got invited by phone. However, the day after the invitation, the ones who asked them were dating someone else. Guess, they'll be going to the prom solo. Waiting for prom day to see what happens.

Thats just crazy. You'll have to tell us all what happens. It would be suprising if they ended up dancing together.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2013, 08:14:01 AM »
Their dates showed up!

Sabrina's prom: went with best friend Cheri Ashton, was crowned queen. Notice popped up "Cheri found out that Sabrina had never been kissed, so she asked them to put the spotlight on them and kissed Sabrina in front of everyone". Another notice popped up: "Sabrina and Cheri were voted the cutest couple" (or something like that). "Sabrina and Cheri were inseperable all night, and Cheri asked Sabrina to go steady"

Max: went with good friend Francine, and was crowned king. Max impressed Francine with some smooth dance moves. Francine told Max how much she liked him and asked him to go steady.

Funny thing, Max and Francine never kissed, but he got the first romantic moodlet. Sabrina got "first kiss" and "first romance".

The only bummer was that their prom photos had them in their outerwear! Rotten pics!

Offline Skilletnap

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2013, 04:56:05 PM »
One family I had, their oldest son went to Prom, and entered into a boyfriend/boyfriend relationship with Mortimer Goth..I laughed, that's how unexpected it was.
They had been friends since they were children, if I'd known that they were carrying candles for each other I would have started with the romantic interactions sooner.

In another family, a boy/girl twin pair went to prom stag.
She got voted Prom Queen, and he threatened the rest of the attendees to be made Prom King..he doesn't have any mean traits at all!

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2013, 03:47:21 AM »
Their dates showed up!

Sabrina's prom: went with best friend Cheri Ashton, was crowned queen. Notice popped up "Cheri found out that Sabrina had never been kissed, so she asked them to put the spotlight on them and kissed Sabrina in front of everyone". Another notice popped up: "Sabrina and Cheri were voted the cutest couple" (or something like that). "Sabrina and Cheri were inseperable all night, and Cheri asked Sabrina to go steady"

Max: went with good friend Francine, and was crowned king. Max impressed Francine with some smooth dance moves. Francine told Max how much she liked him and asked him to go steady.

Funny thing, Max and Francine never kissed, but he got the first romantic moodlet. Sabrina got "first kiss" and "first romance".

The only bummer was that their prom photos had them in their outerwear! Rotten pics!

I completely forgot to check up on this again. What happened is quite interesting. Pity the prom photos were taken with them in they're outerwear.

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2013, 10:48:01 PM »
Once you get the notification saying the dance is on [day of the week], do you have to do something special to get the limo to show up?? I get the first notification but nothing ever happens on the actual day.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2013, 09:09:24 AM »
I've never had to do anything special. You might be able to click on the school to send the teen(s) to prom manually.

Offline Sunflowergal22

• Nooboo
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2013, 02:20:56 PM »
i love prom! my recents sims went there

Offline ilovethesims

• Townie
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2013, 03:59:38 AM »
OMG!!!! My TWINS went to prom and suddenly I get the notice that they are now ROMANTICALLY INVOLVED!

This happened to the son of my Sim and his imaginary friend. They are both in the same household so they kind of treat each other like brothers and then went to Prom. At the Prom, they went steady.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2013, 11:48:43 AM »
Has anyone ever gotten "invited" by another Sim to the prom autonomously?  I've read that it happens, but I've never experienced it.

I ever got that call once.

It's my first experience that my twins go to prom together (Thomas & Theresia).
Previous twins that I had before, only one of them that can go to prom.
Theresia go with her date and the Thomas just go alone. It's strange when the town is like out of stock of teens ???
It's funny when an unexpected things happened in Prom. One seems like too good to be true, the others is truly disaster.

“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2013, 11:24:23 AM »
I've had the autonomous call happen only once. A former paper girl called the teenage boy in the household and asked him out. I never even thought that was possible, and in the many times I've had teens go to prom since I've never seen it again.

I always have found it interesting just how much Prom can change relationship dynamics. In one of my current games I have a house full of teenagers (twin boys and twin girls, with the girls both having IFs). One of the girls went to prom with her imaginary friend (they were RI at the time) and came out going steady. The other four (three siblings and an IF) went solo. One of the brothers wound up with a babysitter as his RI, the second brother wound up with his other sister's imaginary friend as an RI, and the last sister wound up getting into several fights, with no RI at all.

I have to wonder if the chances of finding a romantic interest during prom are trait-driven. The sibling who came out of the dance without a romantic interest has the Rebellious trait.

Offline Axiom

• Immortal
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2013, 01:09:37 AM »
I've had all that happen and then once I had the father [who lived in a different house] ask out his OWN SON to the prom.

Needless to say I clicked NO.

Offline Flower1552

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2013, 04:52:40 PM »
LOL~! And yet I had no idea they could get called to be asked out to prom anyways. I've never had any problems, But it was strange the sister was queen ad the brother was king...twice...and the random girl who became romantic interests still stalks him even though he's married, lol.

Offline Rinbird

• Nooboo
  • I didn't trip I was just testing out gravity.
    • My deviantART
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2013, 08:41:42 AM »
I've never had my teen sim go to a prom.

The teen sim in my current household will age up in 14 sim days though.

I also have a child sim who is aging up in 7 days, that means they'll both be teens for a while.

And if I do get a prom thingy, they could both go, right?

They're not related and I want them to become a couple. Ehehehe~ ;D

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2013, 09:36:17 AM »
You only get the option to go to Prom if you have Generations.   However, sometimes a Prom doesn't trigger.  So you you might not get one in the first 14 days but it's possible you might get one in the last 7 days of the child's teenhood after the first one has aged up. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Rinbird

• Nooboo
  • I didn't trip I was just testing out gravity.
    • My deviantART
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2013, 10:02:24 AM »
Well I do have generations otherwise I wouldn't be posting on here. I hope it does trigger for me. :D

I hope one of the teens becomes Prom king/queen.

Offline Mahmeya

• Townie
« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2013, 03:29:01 PM »
it was strange the sister was queen ad the brother was king
Happens frequently to me. I believe the game rolls separate scenarios (or how to call it) for each of them - imagine they are each one on different one.

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
Prom
« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2013, 10:03:32 PM »
I was just thinking and does anything effect what happens at prom?

If your mean spirited are you more likely to get in a fight at prom? Or if you have the hidden skill dancing are you a better dancer at prom?
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2013, 10:11:42 PM »
I've noticed that if you know more than a few people that you are likely to get prom king/queen.   If you go alone, you're more likely to have a hard time unless you're friends or better with one of your classmates then you will probably get a romantic interest.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2013, 10:34:45 PM »
Ahh ok so its more relationships and not skills or traits.
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline Blue Rose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2013, 08:52:27 PM »
Honestly, I've had romance interests trigger for sims with no official friends. I think as long as they know more people, they have a higher chance at being prom queen and getting romantically involved? Not sure.

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2013, 09:01:25 PM »
Oh ok. So the friendship bar can be 0 as long as it is existent and is in the relationship panel.

Offline Blue Rose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2013, 09:22:53 PM »
Oh ok. So the friendship bar can be 0 as long as it is existent and is in the relationship panel.

Not entirely sure. Having more friends (and higher relationships) may boost the chances, but...idk. Normally, my sims don't have enough time to establish close relationships, so my guess is that you technically don't need it. But it may boost your chances.

But really, if you don't like the result, you can always save beforehand and just reset if you didn't like the results (assuming it's not a challenge kind of game/file/whatever).

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #77 on: June 10, 2013, 10:02:36 PM »
Ok, thanks you have been very helpful. ;D

Offline Snooty

• Nooboo
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2013, 04:24:33 PM »
Ahh ok so its more relationships and not skills or traits.
Actually, these events are VERY dependant on traits. Charismatic and Flirty sims have more chance to get a Romantic event, Mean Spirited and Hot-Headed get more chance to a Fight event and Loner and Unlucky a Ditched/Denied event.
These are just a few examples, there are a lot more traits that increases this trigger.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2013, 04:50:44 PM »
I was just thinking and does anything effect what happens at prom?

If your mean spirited are you more likely to get in a fight at prom? Or if you have the hidden skill dancing are you a better dancer at prom?

We have a thread about Prom, I'm going to merge this one with that one.

Offline zom_slayer1

• Nooboo
« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2016, 02:53:30 PM »
Can a teen ask a young adult to prom?

Offline Happy

• Llama Wrangler
  • Sims 3 is awesome!!!
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2016, 04:47:04 AM »
I do not depend on making friends to be the prom king/queen though. My sim is crowned prom queen even though her only teen friend is her imaginary friend who she is dating.
People shouldn't insult each other, after all, we all are human beings, how different are we?