Author Topic: The Angels  (Read 23255 times)

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
The Angels
« on: June 12, 2011, 06:34:04 AM »
Mr and Mrs Angel had a sense of humour.  When their three golden haired boys were born, they smilingly took each other's hand and declared that these babies were the nicest, most handsome, most angelic children on earth.  No ordinary names would do for these cherubs.  Mr Angel reached into the crib.  

'This one', he said picking up the biggest of the three, 'is surely a little warrior.  I will name him Michael.'

Mrs Angel picked up the second little boy.  'This one has the longest fingers - musicians hands - I will name him Gabriel.'

Both of them peered at the last little baby who lay quietly gurgling to himself.  'This one was the favourite of the nursing staff at the hospital,' said Mrs Angel. 'They used to joke that he watched as they wrote up the charts and listened to the doctors on their rounds.'

'Definitely a healer,' said Mr Angel.  

'Raphael'.  They both said together.

Time went by and the Angel family was a happy one.  The boys grew into well-behaved sons that made their parent's hearts swell with pride.

Then, once more, Mrs Angel found herself with child.  It was a bit of a shock for both she and her husband as their sons were teens and they had long since given away all their baby gear.

'Well, maybe this one will be a girl,' sighed Mrs Angel with a wan smile. 'Whatever, it will be a blessing.'

The 'blessing' was indeed a girl and Mr and Mrs Angel had once more named a child with a twinkle in their eyes.  This raven haired, tiny bundle of rebellious spirit they named Lucy.

Years have passed by.  Sadly, the family has been touched by tragedy.  Mr and Mrs Angel have perished and the three Angel sons have gathered together after the funeral to discuss their future plans or what to do with their teen sister.

'I don't want her,' declared Michael.

'I want to be a martial arts champion.  I need all my spare time to practice.  Besides, she ignores everything I say.'

'I work nights with the band,' argued Gabriel. 'She can't be trusted on her own at night.  Anyway, last time I saw her she ripped up my sheet music in temper.'

'Well I can't have her turning up at the hospital either' grumbled Raphael.

'You are not the only ones who have to work late or have no control over the brat.'

So, lacking any other solution, the Angel brothers have decided to all move back into the family home to care for their teenage sister, at least until they can find a boarding school that will take her.  They are not too happy about it but then nor is Lucy who is quite aware of their resentment.

Okay, after all that, my story will be watching this mixed family try to survive together.  I created the sims just to test out Generations but I have become fond of them. They are CAS siblings, with a bit of tweaking, and Lucy has been given different colouring.  She really is hard to get along with though.  I gave her the hot-tempered trait and she is a bit of a handful.  I hope you will enjoy this family as they battle together and try to finally become friends.

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
Re: The Angels
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 08:17:46 PM »
I love it already!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 04:25:22 AM »
Thank you TallStar.  I hope you will enjoy the rest.  ;D

The brothers moved back into the family home.  It was like they had never left.  Their parents had hung onto their furniture and toys, school projects and dubious works of art.  
Michael checked out the garden

Raphael checked the water pressure

and Gabriel entertained them with his playing.

The boys consulted and decided that Lucy should have her own space on the top floor.  They would order new wallpaper and clean out the rubbish.

'I want the walls painted with black diamonds,' she declared

'Don't be ridiculous,' was all Raphael said.

And so she got pink. Pink and girly.

She knew she should hate it, and she said she did, but secretly she loved having the whole top floor just to herself even if it was nauseatingly feminine.

Offline Simmerqueen

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 07:03:30 AM »
Excellent Figwit!  I love the expression on Raphael's face when Lucy is telling him about the black diamonds... :D

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 04:20:03 PM »
Thanks, SQ.  I loved it too.  He knows a powder keg when he sees it and is wondering when the next explosion will happen.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 05:08:04 AM »
*Any Sims 2 players might recognise some of the names of some of the sims I use.  These Sims 3 versions of Sims 2 sims were made by me, and Simmerqueen, for projects on another site.  I like them so I use them and tend to mix and match them in whatever neighbourhood I am playing.  Just so you don't think I am some sort of Sims 2 tragic.  ;D

The family had a visitor shortly after the boys moved back home.  Juliet Capp had recently moved from Veronaville and called in to pay her respects.

Raphael was particularly taken by her flame coloured hair.

Lucy snarled watching her brothers trip over themselves to welcome her to their home.  Couldn't they see that Juliet just loved herself so much?

Lucy took great delight in getting under everyone's skin.  She pranked the sink.

Gotcha Gabriel

and Raphael

Oh dear, Michael

It was all getting a bit much.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 05:29:58 AM »
The boys decided that Lucy should learn to drive.  Raphael drew the short straw and had to teach her.

It wasn't a pleasant experience for either but at least Lucy got there in the end.

Then a wonderful thing happened.  The boys won a three-day holiday.  They were worried about leaving their sister all alone but she assured them she would be fine.

'I will get my friend Brandi Broke to keep an eye out for her', suggested Gabriel.

Lucy rolled her eyes.  As if Brandi would bother if Gabriel wasn't around to bat her eyelashes at.

When she told her friends at school about her brothers going away they clapped her on the back. "Of course you will have a party", they said.

She hadn't really thought of of a party.  She could get in enough trouble without inviting it in the front door.  Still, her brothers hadn't expressly forbidden her to have one.

'Of course', she answered with more confidence than she felt.

The party started off quietly.  The Eden twins were the first to arrive.  

But soon the gang from school filed in.  Lucy began to worry.  It wouldn't take much for the grumpy neighbours to complain.
Amazingly, Brandi Broke turned up but she just got in and enjoyed the party with the teens.

It was a shame she brought her toddler.

There was a spot of romance between Tybalt Capp and Angela Pleasant.

But soon everyone was flaking out on the floor.  The first to fall was Andy Farsley.

Worse, there was a knock at the door and the police were there.  Someone had complained about the noise.  Luckily Brandi was there to take charge.  She shooed the visitors home as she gathered up her toddler and prepared to leave herself.

Lucy surveyed the mess they had all left behind and her heart sank.

'Don't worry, love', Brandi patted Lucy on the arm as she walked out the door. 'Get up early and clean up before school. Your brothers won't be home until the evening and no harm done if they don't see it.'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2011, 02:25:45 AM »
Lucy's alarm went off at 5am.  Tired and gritty eyed as she had only had four hours of sleep, she rolled out of bed and started cleaning.

She unclogged and cleaned the toilet. 

She scrubbed at the stain on the rug where someone had spilt some drink.  She swept and polished the floors and cleaned the bathrooms until they shone.

Then, yawning and exhausted, she ran to catch the school bus.

Her brothers were there when she arrived home from school that afternoon. 

Unfortunately, so was Michael's latest squeeze, Aisha Farsley.  When you are tired and grumpy, the last thing you want to see is your brother acting all embarrassing.

And Aisha was so aggravating.

The evening just got worse. 

'Do you think that once in a while you could empty the garbage?' enquired Gabriel.

'It wouldn't hurt you to do your share of the housework you know.'

The injustice of it all especially after all the cleaning she had done that morning.

It got worse though once Aisha had left.  Michael was furious at her for her rudeness.

'Just once, I would like you to be polite to our guests.'

'Your guest, not mine'  she snapped back and stomped up to her room slamming the door.

'Lucy' Michael said later 'Gabriel, Raphael and I have decided that you need to think about your behaviour.  You are grounded for three days.'

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2011, 02:45:21 AM »
This is a great story! ^^
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2011, 02:51:40 AM »
Thanks Simstar.  ;D I'm glad you like it.

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2011, 12:28:18 PM »
I love this story, its so funny. ;D

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2011, 06:54:11 PM »
Aw thank you TallStar. ;D

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2011, 04:30:06 AM »
'Grounded?' gasped Lucy.

'You mean I can't go an another family bonding trip to the park and watch you and Raphael argue over whose turn it is on the see-saw?'

'And see our medic-in-training, Raphael, do his super flying jump on the waterslide'

'Instead of giving first aid to Gabriel who has managed to set himself on fire instead of the barbecue.'

'How will I cope?'

'Never mind, Lucy,' Raphael patted her arm. 'Three days will soon be over and we can go to the park then.'

Lucy rolled her eyes.  She was wasted on them.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2011, 04:34:06 AM »
Poor Lucy. :(
By the way, why's her skin so pale?
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2011, 04:38:14 AM »
She takes after a great aunt.  ;D

Actually, I wanted her to look different from her brothers - to be the odd one out in everything.