Author Topic: The Angels  (Read 23257 times)

Offline Sophie98

• Immortal
  • Awkward Fangirl.
Re: The Angels
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2011, 05:04:35 AM »
Great story! I only just noticed the Romeo and Juliet references (I think so? Tybalt and Juliet Capp? As in Capulet?) did you make Tybalt and Juliet or were they just random townies?
"The world is not a wish granting factory."
-John Green, The Fault In Our Stars

I have a blog! Please feel free to check it out! http://theatricalteenageramblings.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2011, 05:08:19 AM »
She probably made them. They were also sims from TS2.
Formerly Simstar3

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sophie98

• Immortal
  • Awkward Fangirl.
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2011, 05:39:27 AM »
She probably made them. They were also sims from TS2.

Yeah, I thought it was weird for EA to sneak in a Shakespeare reference. I only realised bacause I've been reading Romeo and Juliet recently.

I have a blog! Please feel free to check it out! http://theatricalteenageramblings.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2011, 05:43:11 AM »
The entire town of Veronaville is based on Shakespeare.
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Sophie98

• Immortal
  • Awkward Fangirl.
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2011, 05:56:42 AM »
The entire town of Veronaville is based on Shakespeare.

Wait, Veronaville's actually a town? Thats want I meant by the Shakespeare references. I'm just really confused now. ???
I know that Verona is the place where Romeo & Juliet is set.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2011, 06:09:03 AM »
Veronaville's a town from TS2.
It's home to the Capp, Monty and Summerdream families.
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2011, 06:24:05 AM »
That's right. Sophie, a lot of sims I use are from special projects I was involved in on another site.  I have used a lot of the families with teens for this town so that Lucy can meet many of them at school.  I don't play with EA sims unless I am playing a legacy.  ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sophie98

• Immortal
  • Awkward Fangirl.
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2011, 07:55:33 AM »
I see, I understand now. Thanks for explaining. I only ever played TS2 on PlayStation, so I'm a bit of an amateur gamer, unfortunately.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2011, 04:41:26 PM »
The truth is, Sophie, that even though I re-made the sims for TS3, I never actually played them in TS2.  I had to look up the Wiki to see who was who. :D  I played TS2 but I used my own sims even then and never got to know the pre-mades. 

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2011, 03:58:10 AM »
Three days of having to come home straight after school and stay in the house when all her friends were getting together was boring beyond belief.  

There was nothing to do except read

or play chess with Raphael who seemed to be the only brother who could look at her without snarling these days.

Gabriel had caught her trying to prank the sink.  It would have been so funny but he went off his head like it was the crime of the century

'Time out' He yelled.

Sheesh.  What an over-reaction.

A few nights earlier, a burglar had broken in.

That was exciting except he stole the TV.

Gabriel had been pleased

and then upset when they bought a burglar alarm.  Lucy thought he was very strange.

Then Michael went on and on about how much it was all going to cost.

It wasn't as if it was her fault.  She was sure she locked the door but no-one believed her.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2011, 01:15:04 PM »
Poor Lucy... :(
Formerly Simstar3

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2011, 03:00:09 PM »
Wonderful tale, Figwit! I am truly enjoying your storytelling and, why not, awesome screenshots! :D

Looking forward to reading more, it's so darn interesting. ;D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2011, 04:10:00 PM »
Thank you both.  I am enjoying writing it up. ;D

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2011, 03:50:56 AM »
Lucy was at the park one evening just on dusk.  She spied the Pleasant family there.

The parents seemed a loving couple.

Lucy felt a tear in her eye.  Her own parents had been affectionate like that.  It had embarrassed her so and yet when she looked at the Pleasants, it just seemed sort of nice.  She would have given anything to have her parents back again, hugging like that.  She wished she could take back all those silly comments that she used to make to them - the pretend barfing and the howls of disgust.  If they could come back she would never do anything like that again.

Sadly, though, she knew they were gone forever and it was all too late now to make it up to them.

Her glance wandered to their daughters. 

She liked Angela.  She was a good friend but Lilith was another matter.  She was always mean and sharp tongued and she especially didn't like Lucy.

Someone said it was because Lucy hadn't invited Lilith to her party, but someone else said it was because Lilith saw her laughing with her boyfriend, Nicolo, and thought that Lucy was trying to steal him for herself.

That was silly because Lucy only liked Nicolo as a friend.  He made her laugh but she didn't fancy him.

Lucy sat by the lake and idly tossed some stones into the murky water.  She listened to the plop as each one hit the surface.  She watched the ripples expanding in ever widening circles.  It was soothing.

Behind her, she heard the Pleasants leaving.  They called to their daughters that it was getting late.  Lucy did not look around.  She continued throwing the stones.  She should get home soon herself.  She didn't want to break curfew.

Suddenly there was a shove in her back.  She turned around and Lilith was standing behind her, eyes glinting and her mouth curled down.  Her parents and sister had left and so had everyone else.  There was just the two of them left at the park.

Lucy leapt to her feet just as Lilith charged at her. 

Whatever was bothering Lilith was about to be resolved one way or the other.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2011, 11:35:04 AM »
Eesh. :o
I've always felt bad for Lilith, because it's obvious her parents favor Angela. :(
But I thought her boyfriend was Darren Dreamer? :-\
Formerly Simstar3