Author Topic: What is snubbing?  (Read 47464 times)

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
Re: What is snubbing?
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2011, 06:45:03 PM »
But it is pretty weird that all teenage sims will get that option, rebelious or not. It sounds like every teen is anoying or so (face it: snubbing IS annoying) but I'm sure that doesn't count for any teen. It also seems to be unaffected by the relationship a sim has with the other sim, so that made even less sense to me.

Just about everyone snubs at one time or another in RL as well as the Sims no matter what the relationship is to the other person - best friend or perfect stranger.  And you have to remember that teens almost always think they are more superior than anyone else, so snubbing is a perfect option for them ;D.

When my teen Sim snubbed his younger sister (a child) she looked very hurt and their relationship dropped.  I think her brother was her idol as he was always playing with her until I used the snub option.  I had to make him be friendly to her again before the relationship improved.  He still doesn't pay as much attention to her as he did before. 
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Leto85

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2011, 03:26:27 AM »
Just about everyone snubs at one time or another in RL as well as the Sims no matter what the relationship is to the other person - best friend or perfect stranger.  And you have to remember that teens almost always think they are more superior than anyone else, so snubbing is a perfect option for them ;D.

When my teen Sim snubbed his younger sister (a child) she looked very hurt and their relationship dropped.  I think her brother was her idol as he was always playing with her until I used the snub option.  I had to make him be friendly to her again before the relationship improved.  He still doesn't pay as much attention to her as he did before. 

So it does has a major impect, even after doing this option. Wow, this expansion goes deep. Better watch out and think again before trying.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2011, 08:26:10 AM »
I tried it on Alex from Rosa (it turned out he snubbed her.) and they were acting all like normal, they did pillow fights and played.

Leto85

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2011, 06:39:35 AM »
I tried it on Alex from Rosa (it turned out he snubbed her.) and they were acting all like normal, they did pillow fights and played.

Same traits perhaps?

SimsMovieGirl

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2012, 08:19:26 PM »
Someone should at LEAST make a mod to fix this bug!

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
  • Sorry for constant avatar changing.
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2012, 09:11:48 PM »

Or at least a patch.

I tend to have loud opinions. So sorry. I got tons of issues, lol. I can also be found on Yahoo! Answers.
Click here to view the best dance crew: I.aM.Me

Kids Of Cherryblossom Drive: New Drama

Leto85

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2012, 04:21:57 AM »

Why? It is pretty realistic that things like these are happening ingame.

Don't start snubbing me now teenage members, you'll know I'm right. :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Coocoo girl

• The Desert Devourer
  • Occult
  • This isn't my simself, just to avoid confusion.
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2012, 08:08:03 PM »
I've snubbed people before.  On the Sims 3 at least.  I really don't know what it does though.  But when I started getting snubbed I did get a notice that "You better make that relationship right before people start noticing."  I don't know if it gives you a reputation or not.  I've never done it long enough to find out!
EAT COOKIES.  You'll like them!
Coocoos current story:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,11405.0.html (Light legacy)
New chapter!:All that glitters is not gold(but there is some gold)

Offline Lysita

• Townie
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2012, 06:29:39 PM »
Strange, but while I've noticed the option to snub, although never used it, I haven't had any of my sims get snubbed either.

Leto85

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2012, 03:36:42 AM »
Strange, but while I've noticed the option to snub, although never used it, I haven't had any of my sims get snubbed either.

Maybe that means it starts when your sim is the first who do it? Don't know for sure, but it's a guess.

Offline Korva

• Townie
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2012, 06:52:08 PM »
I don't think the teen-specific options being available for each teen is any weirder than the normal Mean interactions that are always there, too. Those mood swing days can be amusing, but I never allow them to antagonize their own household. That annoying rich kid next door, though (Bedlington family in Appaloosa Plains)? Bring it on!

Offline Priyansh

• Imperator Romam
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Vires Et Honorem
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2012, 04:33:46 PM »
My teen sim started to snub his girlfriend during a teen party, and now the girlfriend gets bored by his apologizes and refuses all his phone calls. Whenever they meet, she uses mean interactions. Is this related to snubbing? Or is she snubbing my teen sim>

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2012, 04:39:25 PM »
My teen sim started to snub his girlfriend during a teen party, and now the girlfriend gets bored by his apologizes and refuses all his phone calls. Whenever they meet, she uses mean interactions. Is this related to snubbing? Or is she snubbing my teen sim>

She's probably mad about the snubbing.  It seemed fairly serious when one of my teens did it and I don't do it anymore.  Has he stopped snubbing her?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Priyansh

• Imperator Romam
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Vires Et Honorem
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2012, 04:45:44 PM »
She's probably mad about the snubbing.  It seemed fairly serious when one of my teens did it and I don't do it anymore.  Has he stopped snubbing her?

Yes, he has already stopped snubbing her. Is there a way to win her back? She's a specially selected future wife, to say.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2012, 06:27:45 PM »
Yes, he has already stopped snubbing her. Is there a way to win her back? She's a specially selected future wife, to say.

I would say give it a day or two for her to calm down, then try talking to her again.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."