Author Topic: New CAS Features You'd Like To See  (Read 10570 times)

VampirePlasma

Re: New CAS Features You'd Like To See
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2011, 10:17:23 AM »
That makes sense. Yeah I would want that too.

Offline Lynley1248

• Occult
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2011, 10:55:02 AM »
I don't know how excatly but it's a comination of kid and teen, so if you are 11/12. You are not a teenager yet, but your not a little kid.

I am pretty sure the term comes from the combination of the words teen and between, as the child is between child and teen.  Or that is what I learned in child development.  I would like to see that stage as well, something along the lines of 5-10 yrs would be child and then tween could be 11-14 or so.  I also want a lifestage between adult and elder.  I really like birthdays and aging, though, so the more stages the better. :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

imaGleek

« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2011, 11:03:14 AM »
Yeah, because sometime I want to make a sim but don't know weither to make them a child or teen because of the lack of the "inbetween stage."

Choccolatee

« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2011, 09:10:50 PM »
I'm a "tween" and it's hard to make a Simself because it's awkward choosing between child because I'm too tall for that, and teen, because I'm too short for that and I don't wear half the clothes provided in teens because I think they're too old for me.

For new CAS features I'd like, I'd like to see the option to change the shape of both eyes. Who here has identical eyes? I certainly don't, and if you do, you're really lucky.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2011, 06:16:27 AM »
For new CAS features I'd like, I'd like to see the option to change the shape of both eyes. Who here has identical eyes? I certainly don't, and if you do, you're really lucky.

Yes! In fact, facial features in general! No one's face is identical on both sides, unless you've had plastic surgery..! But then, this is sims and there's quite a line between games and real life, but I still think it's a nice idea, just to make the sims a tad more realistic. ;) It's too easy to make your sims perfect-looking, these days!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2011, 02:21:00 AM »
As an official, "elder", I'd like to see us old folks look and act more like we really do.  S'resiously peoples.  I mean, for heaven's sake I play Sims and mmorpgs!  Yet if I was to make a simself I'd have to be all hunched over, munch on my gums a lot, look all wrinkled and grumpy, (or sappy), and not walk straight.  And the clothing choices!  OMG don't get me started on that disaster!  Hello!  We STILL wear jeans and tees at my age!, not some old rag bag thing even Goodwill wouldn't take!  It's worse for elder guys.  They REALLY look dreadful!
Ok, so maybe lacey garter thingies aren't exactly appropriate, (or attractive! lol), for someone who is 70 plus, but does that mean we have to be relegated to the saggy baggy frumpy night wear?  We STILL like pretty, or comfy and cozy, (tank top and boy shorts works just fine, thank you!, or silk pj's). 

Hair is not too bad.  I can deal with the hair available for my age group.  Make up is another story!  Subtle people, it's called being subtle.  What I could wear even 10 years ago, (which wasn't much different from 40 years ago), would look like clown make up now. 

Geez, hasn't EA heard of "aging gracefully"?  That make most elders look like they have one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel! (and Grim is pushing from behind!)

Someone mentioned something about baby blankets.  The nooboos don't have blankets, unless you are talking about what is in their cribs.  Those can be recolored and made to look absolutely adorable.  However, I would like to see nicer, cuter, sweeter,  softer more baby looking patterns.  I'd like to see things more gender appropriate too.  Puppies and kitties and bunnies and bears, and balls and bats and toy boats and dollies and blocks and abc's and stuff for the nooboo bedroom and clothes.  And what's with babies only coming in blankets?  What about bonnets and onesies and little frilly dresses and tiny tuxedos and jammies?

Most of all, I'd like to be able to make the absolutely drop dead gorgeous Sims you see on the mod sites that we are totally unable to recreate because of limitations on hair style, length and color, and eye and eyebrow shapes, not to mention lip color.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2011, 06:11:44 AM »
Well said, Joria!  Personally, I do sometimes walk hunched over.  It depends on how long it takes me to straighten up my back.  ;D

Regarding your bit about having limited hairstyles, length, color, eyes, eyebrows, etc., the advanced settings on eyebrows, lips, and other facial features give us almost unlimited variety.  Have you played with that yet? 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2011, 03:19:12 PM »

Hair is not too bad.  I can deal with the hair available for my age group.  Make up is another story!  Subtle people, it's called being subtle.  What I could wear even 10 years ago, (which wasn't much different from 40 years ago), would look like clown make up now.  

Personally, I wear that much makeup (eyeshadow mostly) in real life. However, there is a opacity slider you can use to create a more subtle look for Sim makeup.

Most of all, I'd like to be able to make the absolutely drop dead gorgeous Sims you see on the mod sites that we are totally unable to recreate because of limitations on hair style, length and color, and eye and eyebrow shapes, not to mention lip color.

You don't need creepy third party skin tones and genetics to create pretty Sims. All it takes is practice, and creativity. Some of those big voluminous hairstyles are found at the official Sims 3 Store. Aside from the occasional hairstyles and clothes, and some makeup, which I use on occasion, I don't think those Sims look pretty, at all. I actually find them really creepy. Sims are suppose to look like Sims, they aren't meant to look like humans. I promise you, if you check out the Sims 3 Store, and save up on your Sim Points, and you will find some really nice hairstyles and clothes.  ;)

I agree with you on some of the clothes though. I'd like to see the elderly Sims have some trendy clothes, that help them feel young again! I'd like to see some sort of "Botox" available for the elderly too!  :D

I wish piercings would come back from Sims 2. They made the women look "tougher".

I don't think a piercing makes a woman look "tougher." I got my nose pierced 4 months after my 18th birthday, and I didn't get my nose pierced to look "tougher" though. I just have a little stud on my right nostril.

amillionbooks

« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2011, 08:32:55 PM »
I think it would be awesome if there were volume and curliness sliders for hair.

Sportsfan

« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2011, 08:44:13 PM »
I think it would be awesome if there were volume and curliness sliders for hair.
I totally need that in order to make a realistic simself.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2011, 11:39:24 PM »
I agree with you guys. I think a hair length slider is necessary as well. Just don't go too realistic, like those CC filled Sims people upload on the official forum, with the realistic skin tones! *shudders* I hate that look with a purple passion!

I think maybe highlight choices would be a great edition too! Like chose if we want chunky or subtle highlights. Some people's simselves like Subtle, others like myself, like more bold and chunky.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2011, 01:28:43 AM »
@jeanamariex3:

Who are you quoting up there about piercings making the women to look tougher?  You just always need to include the person being quoted to keep everything clear.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2011, 02:41:45 AM »
@Pam Syndey511. Here's the post. :)

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2011, 03:20:51 PM »
I just thought of something I would like to see in CAS for women! More PJ pants in different childish themed patterns! Perhaps some of the baggy PJ pants in the guys section of CAS too would be even better with different designs of cartoons! As a young adult female, I'm a bit bummed by this, because I myself in real life wear PJ pants that are baggier with cartoons on them!

Offline Noshmek

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2011, 03:34:29 PM »
1. I would love more modern suits for men.  Double Breasted suits make me cry - big rivers of fashionless tears.
2. A "working late" shirt and tie combo - without a jacket, with folded sleeves, the ties loosened up and the shirt opened slightly.
3. A more diverse tattoo system, which would allow for full sleeves, rather than segmented, and oddly focused symbols.
4. More facial hair options!
5. Just more clothing for men in general, also too in real life... LOL

anything