Author Topic: Hidden Skills  (Read 91312 times)

Leto85

Hidden Skills
« on: July 04, 2011, 07:58:45 AM »
HIDDEN SKILLS

Adventure: The rewards of adventures sims can undertake while being in a foreign country all depends on the amount of adventures a sim has fulfilled before. Look in your sims Adventures Journal to see the statistics of this hidden skill.
The Expansion pack World Adventures is needed to go on vacation and have adventures.

Arcade Machines: Goes till level 10. As Sims become better they have higher chances to win and each game lasts longer. Also animations improve at level 4 and 8.
The Expansion pack Late Night is needed to buy the Darwin's Revenge arcade machine to play this game. It can be bought in the Miscellaneous Electronics part of the Electronics catagory in Buy Mode for $1500. It provides fun 7. A sim can also buy the Freezer Bunny Adventures or the Synesthasia to play arcade. It has the exact same price and function as the Darwin's Revenge and can be find in the same catagory.

Bubble Blowing: Goes till level 10. When a Sim improves the Bubble Hidden Skill, the bubbles become figures in various shapes.
The Expansion pack Late Night is needed to buy the Bubbluscious Bubble Bar to train this hidden skill. It can be bought in the Parties part of the Entertainment catagory in Buy Mode for $1550. It is a group activity that provides environment 6,fun 4.

Chess: Goes till level 10. Although it rely in the Logic skill to be mastered, the more you play this game (not on the laptop) the higher the change you are about to win frequently. Combine this with the Computer Whiz and Lucky trait to make your winning changes skyhigh.

Dancing: Goes till level 3. Because I have also the expansion Late Night sims can now dance in front of a music station, but also on the dance floor. The longer your sim will dance, the better he or she will become, but I am unaware if dancing on the dance floor or just on the floor differs from each other.

Darts: Goes till level 10. When two sims are playing darts against each other one sim can win from the second sim. The more a sim plays, the higher the change of winning. Probably the Lucky trait as a positive influence on this.
Please post more info on this if you have.

Diving: Goes till level 5. The more a sim dives in a dive well the more they will increase this skill. Statistics can be followed in your sims Adventures Journal.
The Expansion pack World Adventures is needed to go on vacation and dive in diving wells.

Foosball: Goes till level 10. When two sims are playing foosball against each other one of the two can win from each other. The more a sim playes, the higher the change of winning. Probably the Lucky trait has a positive influence on this.

Gem cutforms: I include gem cutting in this because it depends on the amount of gems your sim has found to unlock another gemcut form. The game tracks this which perhaps should'nt made this a hidden skill, but you can't see exactly which cut will be unlocked when, which makes it a hidden skill though. This hidden skill can rely on both collecting as well as the skills Athletic and Martial Arts as together their challenges Body Builder and Timber Terminator can unlock the ability to cut out space rocks (World Adventures needed) until the sim is fatique. The Lifetime Reward Learned Relic Hunter, which can be bought for 15.000 Lifetime Happyness points will give the value of relics and other collectibles (which includes gems as well) a enormous boost.
The Expansion pack World Adventures is needed to get the most out of Gem cutting.

Gnubb: When two or more sims are playing Gnub against each other one sim can win from the rest. The more a sim plays, the higher the change of winning. Probably the Lucky trait as a positive influence on this.
The Expansion pack Ambitions is needed to buy the Portable Gnubb Set to play this game. It can be bought in the Sporting Goods part of the Entertainment catagory in Buy Mode for $750. It is a group activity that provides fun 7.

Ghost Resurrecting: Whenever a sim in a household died that your sim loves pretty much there is a change that your sim get an oppertunity from the Science Facility to resurect the ghost of the sim that have past away for free. Once your sim have fulfilled that oppertunity they can from that point resurrect ghost for $5000,- each. Every resurrected ghost will become a playable ghost in the family. To bring them back to life completely you need to have them eat Ambrosia.

Hacking: Goes till level 10. The higher the level, the more money a sim will hack. You can find this out yourself when your sim will no longer get more money from hacking for a longer periode of time. Obviously you need a computer to hack.

Hopscotch: Goes till level 10. The more a sim is has played hopscotch, the better he or she will become at this hidden skill. If you know more about this, please share.
The Expansion pack Generations is needed to buy the Hopscotch Court to play Hopscotch. It can be bought in the Outdoors Activities part of the Outdoor Activity catagory in Buy Mode for $100. It provides environment 2, fun 6 and also will train a sim in Athletic. A sim can also buy the Hopscotch Asteroids to play Hopscotch. It can be bought in the Outdoors Activities part of the Outdoor Activity catagory in Buy Mode for $300. It provides environment 3, fun 6 and also will train a sim in Athletic.

Meditation: Meditation can be unlocked when a sim is skilled to level 5 in Martial Arts and in the Martial Arts part of the Skill Journal (press J) the game tracks the amount of hours a sim has meditated. If anyone can say what kind of impact the amount of meditated hours has on a sim, please share info.
The Expansion pack World Adventures is needed to train a sim in Martial Arts.

Mooch: Goes till level 10. If your sim has the Mooch trait he or she can beg for foot or money. Logically, the higher your sims mooching skill, the higher the amount of money he or she will get.

Sandcastles Building: Goes till level 4. The higer a sim is skilled in building sandcastles, which relies on how much and long he or she has been using sandboxes, the better he become at it, and the more beautiful the sandcastles will look like.
The Expansion pack Generations is needed to buy the Turtee The Turtle to build sandcastles. It can be bought in the Outdoors Activities part of the Outdoor Activity catagory in Buy Mode for $250. It provides fun 8. A sim can also buy the Box Of Beach to build sandcastles. It can be bought in the Outdoors Activities part of the Outdoor Activity catagory in Buy Mode for $375. It provides fun 6.

Shuffleboard: Goes till level 10. When two or more sims are playing on the Shuffleboard against each other one sim can win from the rest. The more a sim plays, the higher the change of winning. Probably the Lucky trait as a positive influence on this.
The Expansion pack Late Night is needed to buy the McShufflin' Shuffleboard Table to play this game. It can be bought in the Sporting Goods part of the Entertainment catagory in Buy Mode for $2200. It is a group activity that provides fun 9.

Snake Charming: Goes till level 10. At level 5, Sims can purchase a cobra for §1000, a +10 "Enjoying Music" buff is added and the Dance interaction becomes available. After level 5, each level will increase the buff's power by 5. Each level increases the chance to receive tips and succeed at kissing the snake.
The more a sim does the Snake Charming interaction the better he will be at it. While in the beginning the sim simply will be bitten often by the snake (resulting in a bad moodlet) later on he or she will learn to kiss the snake and I've read the snake can be made to go into the sims clothes. If you can confirm this, please share info. The snake kiss can also heal a mummy curse.
The Expansion pack World Adventures is needed to buy the Snake Charming Basket to learn snake charming. It can be bought in Egypt or by activating the Buydebug cheat in the Misc. Objects part of the Debug catagory in Buy Mode for $325.

Styling: The more a sim gives another sim a makeover, the higher he or she will train this hidden skill. I am unaware of what kind of influence this has on another sim when being makeoverd so if you know more about this, please share.
The Expansion pack Ambitions is needed to train a sim in Styling.

Tattooing: The more a sim gives another sim a tatoo, the higher he or she will train this hidden skill. I am unaware of what kind of influence this has on another sim when tatoo'd so if you know more about this, please share.
The Expansion pack Ambitions is needed to train a sim in Tattooing.

Trampoline: Goes till level 10. When one or two sim(s)s is or are jumping on the trampoline they eventually will make saltos, depending on the amount of time they have used this item. The longer they are using it, the higher and more spectaculair their jumps will look like. The more a sim plays, the higher the change of winning. Probably the atheletic trait and or skill as a positive influence on this.
The Expansion pack Ambitions is needed to buy the Blast-Off Trampoline to play this game. It can be bought in the Sporting Goods part of the Entertainment catagory in Buy Mode for $2150. It is a group activity that provides fun 8.

Video Games: Goes till level 10. When two sims are playing computer games on the television against each other. The more a sim plays, the higher the change of winning. Probably the Lucky trait has a positive influence on this.

Toddlers Only

Learning to Walk: Has one level. A teen or older can teach a toddler how to walk. After this hidden skill is learned the toddler can walk by him or herself.

Potty Training: Has one level. A teen or older can teach a toddler how to use the potty. After this hidden skill is learned the toddler can use the potty by themself. A toddler can learn to use the potty over and over streched until he or she has learned the skill.

Teach to Talk: Has one level. A teen or older can teach a toddler how to talk. After this hidden skill is learned sims can now chat to the toddler.

Childs Only

Ballet: Goes till level 3. A child sim can be rolled into Ballet by one of their parents. This is a afterschool activity that unlocks several ballet moves abilities.
As far as I know those abilities will disapear when the child grows up.

Homework: Goes till level 10. Child and teen sims have to make homework to increase their grates at school. It is boosted by a Sim's Logic skill. If children are helped by a Super Nanny (Generations) or a level-four Educator (Ambitions), they will complete homework faster. Also being at the Study Club or being a vampire helps.

Scouting: Goes till level 3. A child sim can be rolled into Ballet by one of their parents. This is a afterschool activity that will learn the child the Salute hidden trait, which will not pass on to their children later this way. It will teach the child also how to fish and garden.

Teens Only

Homework: See above.

Teach To Drive: Goes till level 3. A teen can be teached to drive by one of his or her parents. Having the logic skill has a positive influence on this as the teen will learn this hidden skill faster.

My thanks goes to both simsmx and TheChronicR for improving this already incredibly long list.[/b]

Leto85

Re: Hidden Skills
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 08:00:17 AM »
Above I've put a list of all hidden skills I am aware of in this game, expansions included.
I really like to know if there are other hidden skills and what is the way to achieve them. Drop a note if you have something to add.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 08:09:11 AM »
Leto, I can't see any list? And your first post is an unfinished sentence?

Leto85

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 08:38:33 AM »
Leto, I can't see any list? And your first post is an unfinished sentence?

True. I was busy on it when you first encounter it (you speedy girl ;)), and I still am. I will be done soon.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 08:40:10 AM »
Oh, okay. Sorry, Leto. Thank you for putting together this list, I had always wondered about hidden skills and it's good to have something all in one place to refer to now. :)

Leto85

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 09:10:57 AM »
Oh, okay. Sorry, Leto. Thank you for putting together this list, I had always wondered about hidden skills and it's good to have something all in one place to refer to now. :)

I also needed this list myself for my latest project but I haven't find any complete one on the internet so I needed to put this one together myself. I'm glad it can help you out too.

@Carl: Perhaps this can be added to the site? I would feel proud if it will. :)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 09:27:44 AM »
That's an incredible list, Leto!  Very well put together!  I do think it would be a great addition to the Guide. 

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 12:38:02 PM »
Great list you have there. I'll PM you the info about Air Guitar later today. I'm really sorry - my game was bugged and I was forced to spend the day replaying the whole thing. :(
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Leto85

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2011, 12:44:50 PM »
Great list you have there. I'll PM you the info about Air Guitar later today. I'm really sorry - my game was bugged and I was forced to spend the day replaying the whole thing. :(

Hey, take your time. As long as you are really, really going to hurry it's fine by me. But for the rest, take your time. ;):P

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2011, 12:50:17 PM »
Leto, it might be a good idea to send Carl a message to let him know about this information.  Just to make sure he knows about it.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

simsmx

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2011, 10:33:44 PM »
Below is some information that is missing ;) :

• The Chess skill has ten levels.
  • The Homework skill has ten level and it is boosted by a Sim's Logic skill. If children are helped by a Super Nanny (Generations) or a level-four Educator (Ambitions), they will complete homework faster. Also being at the Study Club or being a vampire helps.
  • Snake Charming has ten levels. At level 5, Sims can purchase a cobra for §1000, a +10 "Enjoying Music" buff is added and the Dance interaction becomes available. After level 5, each level will increase the buff's power by 5. Each level increases the chance to receive tips and succeed at kissing the snake.
  • Club Dancing is different from the Dancing skill.
  • There is a Bubbles skill that has ten levels, it is built when using the Bubble Bar.
  • The Arcade Machine skill has ten levels. As Sims become better they have higher chances to win and each game lasts longer. Also animations improve at level 4 and 8.
  • Potty Training, Learning to Walk, and Learning to Talk are one-level hidden skills.
  • Learning to Drive is a three-level hidden skill.
  • Ballet and Scouting have three levels, each one unlocks several interactions.
  • Hopscotch has ten levels.

Also Adventuring and Gem cutforms are not hidden skills. However, if you consider them skills, you missed that there is an unlocked gem cut for Sims that have level 5 in Sculpting skill.

Offline Tommyo3000

• Occult
  • The name's Piglet. Harry Piglet.
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2011, 02:31:53 AM »
Wow that's a great list Leto! Thanks for putting it together. One quick question, how do you actually know when they level up? Is there some music to tell you or do you just have to figure it out on your own?  :)

Leto85

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2011, 03:28:25 AM »
Wow that's a great list Leto! Thanks for putting it together. One quick question, how do you actually know when they level up? Is there some music to tell you or do you just have to figure it out on your own?  :)

Thanks!
It is very hard (or perhaps nearly impossible) to tell when your sim levels up. As far as I know there isn't any music or something to note it other than seeing your sim does something better than before.

At simsmx: Thank you very much for that wonderful info! I will add it later on.
What will happen when a sim improves their Bubbles skill?
About the Snake Charming: What does it mean to purchages a cobra? There is already one in the basket, right? Or can you add two at a time?

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2011, 03:37:14 AM »
Thanks!
It is very hard (or perhaps nearly impossible) to tell when your sim levels up. As far as I know there isn't any music or something to note it other than seeing your sim does something better than before.

At simsmx: Thank you very much for that wonderful info! I will add it later on.
What will happen when a sim improves their Bubbles skill?
About the Snake Charming: What does it mean to purchages a cobra? There is already one in the basket, right? Or can you add two at a time?

The answers to your questions are below my friend ;) :

1. - When a Sim improves the Bubble Hidden Skill, the bubbles become figures in various shapes (I believe they also blow llama-shaped ones at higher levels) instead of normal invisible balls at lower levels).

2. - No, you cannot have two at a time in the same basket. The cobra that can be purchased is called "King Cobra" as it can cure the Mummy's Curse (if the Sim has one of course) or your Sim can occasionally kiss it, thus gaining a two-hour "Kiss of the Cobra" (or something alike) positive moodlet. In other cases, the cobra may just bite them in the face, lol. And, also, the King Cobra is a bit thicker than the usual snake that comes with the basket as default.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Leto85

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2011, 07:51:23 AM »
@simsmx: What is exactly the difference between dancing and club dancing?
                What will happen when a sim become better at hopscotsch?