Author Topic: Spending the Night in Jail  (Read 62038 times)

TylerDurden

Re: Spending the Night in Jail
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2010, 07:43:19 PM »
Also, I saw a pretty cool glitch. this one time i did get caught and i was on the way 2 jail. as I got off my fone rang, and when my guy picked it up he canceled the "go to jail" action, which was like a get out of jail free card. I was pretty stoked after that.
"Oh, sorry mr Policeman, I just really have take this" *steps out of car and runs like the wind* ;D
I always laugh at the burglars just waiting patiently OUTSIDE the police car while the cop inspects your house for stolen loot.  I have NEVER seen that on COPS.

Offline jestina

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2010, 11:42:47 PM »
You can go out and release the burglar too.  :D

I wish someone would do that for my sims when they get busted.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Eftyen

• Townie
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2010, 11:11:38 AM »
My master thief sim has only been arrested once, so far.  I'm not sure if this is more due to her Lucky trait, or the fact that she is an ex-superspy!

Offline jmz95

• Immortal
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2010, 11:34:04 AM »
My master thief sim has only been arrested once, so far.  I'm not sure if this is more due to her Lucky trait, or the fact that she is an ex-superspy!
Lol, good cop turned evil criminal! She now works for the organization that she used to raid!
"Yes, I try to pick up strange babies, but only in the game.  Don't judge me." - Pam
Too late, Pam. Too late.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2010, 01:39:37 PM »
This happened to me once, but only when I tried to find the cop to get payback, I couldn't find her anywhere... she just... vanished.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2010, 02:55:52 PM »
I think most of the cops that our Sims encounter are considered service Sims (maids, firefighters, burglars, etc.) and they don't have a home in town.  I tried to track down a burglar several times, even following him from my house after he broke in, but it was no good.  You can talk to them and invite them over if you get them on your contact list, but you can't find where they live.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

sherlockholmes

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2010, 09:00:58 PM »
lucky definitely has something to do with it. i played a casual theif and my rise to master theif took about 4 weeks or so.

during that time i was arrested only once.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2010, 12:14:21 AM »
One of my criminals went to jail three times in a row. What a streak of bad luck that was and her job performance took a huge hit of course.

That could possible be the most profitable career path though. You can bring home loads of expensive art work doing side jobs. My sim got two of those Puck's paintings and a huge statue one night at work plus 900 extra in simoleons and of course her paycheck on top of it all.

Yeah consider being arrested a risk you take, when they also have the chance of bringing home some valuables as well. I generally used jail time to work on athletics since they need it anyway.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2010, 12:51:32 PM »
I've only been arrested once, and never ever have had any burglars. Maybe I have the lucky trait myself?
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline DLSpurlock

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2010, 12:02:06 PM »
Okay;

I've done a little more trial and error work on this and I think I have it nailed down to one thing. It seems my sim only gets arrested if I select the option "Do a Side Job". So to avoid arrest, don't select that.

Anyone ever see anything different?

Dave

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2010, 12:04:54 PM »
Dave, I am not sure I agree with you on this.  I just started working on a criminal sim and when she went to work like normal, she got arrested.  She was NOT doing a side job, so I feel it is completely random as to them getting arrested and spending the night in jail.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2010, 12:22:44 PM »
OK, I can also confirm that you can get arrested even if you work normally. It must be something else...
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2010, 04:45:07 PM »
I think it is completely random but I think it started at around level 4 for me.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2010, 09:48:53 PM »
Have to put in my 2 cents worth here and say the Lucky trait does not help. I'm currently playing a sim doing the criminal path. He's currently on level 5 and has been arrested 4 or 5 times (once doing a side job). He has the lucky trait, but it doesn't seem to be helping him. Be glad when he gets to the top and can switch careers (he's half of my career grand slam couple).

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline catlover

• Townie
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2010, 02:58:48 PM »
Do the Sims who have the klepto trait ever get arrested, or do they have to be in the criminal career for that to happen?