Author Topic: Things that annoy you in the Sims  (Read 453630 times)

Chuckles_82

Re: Things that annoy you in the Sims
« Reply #195 on: October 16, 2011, 10:58:55 PM »
Still, those are only the ones that are Vegetarian in real life. There's stll plenty more that your sim doens't actually USE meat for, but I have a feeling that many of the dishes it just whacks a 'vegetarian' label on anyway. If you wanted to make a vegetarian lifestyle you could easily pretend that the spaghetti, for example is vegetarian, because your sim doesn't require meat to put in it. Actually when you think about it there aren't many meats at all.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #196 on: October 16, 2011, 11:30:42 PM »
I'm not sure on some of the other foreign dishes. But those are just the ones that in real life would be ok for vegetarian. I think that's a fairly decent representation there.

If you go into CAS and make a Vegatarian Sim, you'll only be able to pick the Vegetarian options for Favourite Foods, so you can check out the full list that way.

I think Vegetarianism is more of a health issue than a lifestyle choice in the Sims land. I mean, steaks grow on trees in Sunset Valley! I suppose it's possible to make your Sim a Vegetarian by just limiting what they eat yourself, I did that once back in The Sims 2.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #197 on: October 17, 2011, 05:24:06 AM »
I see vegetarian as a wasted trait and only ever use it if I roll for traits. In my Smith Dynasty one of the spouses,Herbert,had the vegetarian trait and it could get annoying if I forgot and fed him leftovers that had meat in them. In the end he had to do most of the cooking so that he could at least eat it the only problem was he was also absent minded and kept forgetting to cook or he would wander off half way through cooking.

There are a few traits that I consider pointless never nude being at the top of my list.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #198 on: October 17, 2011, 02:32:10 PM »
Never Nude is a Reference to the TV Show "Arrested Development" (I miss that show.) In fact, Gobias Koffi is based off of one of the characters. (Hints the bio and the Never Nude trait).

Rachel you are half right about the Never Nude trait. I do see shyness in the trait, however, the trait itself is rather silly. I am annoyed with the Loser trait. It's not very nice. If I go and play with Gobias Koffi, Dorie Hart, or any other premade townie that's stuck with that awful trait, I use my cheats to change that trait immediately.

I'm annoyed that the firefighter just stood there when my Sim was cooking, while the Brave Sim was doing all the work (you know how Brave Sims and Daredevils will autonomously extinguish the flames). You're a firefighter! You should be helping the Sim put the fire out! He basically just stood there doing absloutly nothing, and he yelled at my Sim saying he should know better, and charged him §500. Has anyone else had to call the fire dept, and the firefighter just stood there doing nothing while the household was doing all the work?

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #199 on: October 17, 2011, 05:45:51 PM »
I do want to point out that this is The Sims. It was created to simulate life, while, at the same time, being a bit silly. As Ausette said, Steaks grow on trees! All this about it not representing Real Life, well, it doesn't have to! Besides, there are many types of Vegetarian from Ovo-Lacto to Vegan to Pescatarian, to Flexatarian! (Eats mostly vegetarian, but can eat meat)
Look at your life, and look at Sims. You can become immortal! Grow cheese! Fish for a gnome! I can't see any of that happening in my life.

imaGleek

« Reply #200 on: October 17, 2011, 05:47:52 PM »
Look at your life, and look at Sims. You can become immortal! Grow cheese! Fish for a gnome! I can't see any of that happening in my life.

Don't forget the ghosts, the mummies, the simbots, the vampires, the imaginary friends, and the unicorns.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #201 on: October 17, 2011, 06:28:22 PM »
lol yeah, I'd sure like to see random large amounts of money appear in MY bank account! (one of the nice glitches)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #202 on: October 18, 2011, 01:15:44 AM »
You can become immortal! Grow cheese! Fish for a gnome! I can't see any of that happening in my life.

If you had the insane trait, then you could do that ! (or at least believe you could)

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #203 on: October 18, 2011, 03:51:47 PM »
Here's something annoying and new: Yesterday I started up the game and discovered an update.  For me, updating my game usually involves more benefits than costs, so I went ahead and did it.  Not surprisingly, it popped everyone in my 4X4 challenge out of the actions they were performing, but that's no big deal.  There's just four of them, I just asked them all to get started again.  Then I asked Min to go downstairs and jump on the trampoline.

"Whaaaaa?!  Something is in my way!  I can't jump on the trampoline!"

Um, okay.  Well, let's try again.  Jump on the trampoline.

"Whaaaa?!  Something is really in my way!"

Crud.  I knew I shouldn't have updated in the middle of a challenge.  Umm, okay, let's try moving the trampoline.

"Whaaaaa?!"

So that's not it.  Let's replace the stairs.  Trampoline?

"In my way!!!"

Okay, so I'll have to ditch the spiral staircase.  Darn it, I love those spirals.  Let me relocate a door and a bar and half of two entire rooms and I'll put in regular stairs.  Crud, they don't fit.  So it can't be that, then.  I wonder . . .

"Trampoline!  I love jumping on the trampoline!"

Do you know what it was?  On the wall beside the place where the stairs were, there were hung two high school diplomas.  Before the game update, all the sims had used the stairs without a problem, but afterwards, they couldn't.  Min couldn't use the stairs because there were pictures on the wall.  Not even adjacent to the stairs, but physically above them.  Absolutely absurd!

Sportsfan

« Reply #204 on: October 18, 2011, 07:26:21 PM »
Min doesn't want to get hit by one of those things! They are sharp! One blow from those and your challenge is over. You should be thankful.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #205 on: October 18, 2011, 07:53:23 PM »
 :D  I'll be thankful when she can walk up the walls to route places.  Until then, I remain annoyed. 

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #206 on: October 19, 2011, 02:57:59 AM »

I don't know why, but just reading those words made me hear the Old Spice guy's voice in my head saying it.

"Look at your life, now look at your Sims.  Now look at your life.  Sims is your life.  Control the world, control life.  I am on a horse."

Lol, when I get Pets, I am so going to try and make the Old Spice guy now, and put him on a horse.

AbrahamC

« Reply #207 on: October 19, 2011, 10:07:48 AM »
I just found out that if the adults go on vacation the Fireproof Homestead LTR is no longer in effect. They have been gone all of 8 hours and I've had 3 fires already.

Offline Sophie98

• Immortal
  • Awkward Fangirl.
« Reply #208 on: October 19, 2011, 01:06:29 PM »
If the parent has the LTR, then maybe that has something to do with it. Like if a Sim with the No Bills LTR dies, the family receives bills once more.
"The world is not a wish granting factory."
-John Green, The Fault In Our Stars

I have a blog! Please feel free to check it out! http://theatricalteenageramblings.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #209 on: October 19, 2011, 03:37:00 PM »
I just found out that if the adults go on vacation the Fireproof Homestead LTR is no longer in effect. They have been gone all of 8 hours and I've had 3 fires already.

Guess the teens were having a blast! All I got from leaving my teens alone was a broken window and very angry neighbors! (high rise apartment).

anything