Poll

Vote for your favourite house - you may vote for up to 3 houses.

Memory Lane by Dellena
9 (12.9%)
The Louten House by ladybug53
5 (7.1%)
Winter Special comp House by Neashaleigh
7 (10%)
X-mas X-travaganza by Saltpastillen
6 (8.6%)
Maywood Lodge by Decima
5 (7.1%)
Louten Family Home by Micler
12 (17.1%)
Louten Lodge by hazelnut
8 (11.4%)
Evergreen House by Alex
10 (14.3%)
Festive Louten House by Kochou1331
8 (11.4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: January 04, 2013, 11:46:30 PM

Author Topic: Building Contest 2012: 24 - A Winter Special Contest  (Read 22738 times)

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
Re: Building Contest 2012: 24 - A Winter Special Contest
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2013, 08:36:53 AM »
@Twinmum- Okay, thanks! I didn't even think about something going wrong between saving the house and when it's installed. That's a good tip for future building contest entries!

Micler , yesterday I save a copy of my last house to the library . I then went into a new file and placed it on a lot . I then noticed that the garbage can had been moved from where I had place it when building . The game for some unknown reason insisted on placing the garbage can right in the center of the walkway by the edge of the road . I will need to make a special note before posting it to the swapShop just in case it happens to someone that will be downloading it .

I really loved your entry . Especially that you build an apartment above the garage for Albert, away from all the things that would bother a technophobe sim. Well done ! I also really liked your decor and colors .  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2013, 09:12:30 AM »
I wouldn't mind some feedback on my entry if that's ok. I know I did badly at it, and should have tested it more.
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2013, 09:25:12 AM »
Thanks for all the congratulations you guys! And congratulations Kouchou! That final point could just as easily have gone your way.

It was so much fun to join this challenge when there were so many participants. I think I changed my mind at least 3 times before finally deciding who to vote for.

@Neashleigh - I don't think you did badly, i especially liked the view of the exterior of your house. It has great curb appeal, even if it might have been a bit to summery for this challenge. I liked how you had the parking space for the car of to the side. And the picture from the backyard is nice too. What I would have liked to have seen was a picture showing the floor plans of the house, maybe if you add that to your presentation next time more people will vote for you? I'm always interested in getting at look at that.

@Decima - You are always so creative! The back yard was so much fun! The best part of your house for me was the room with Santa's chair. That wallpaper was inspired. Also, I was kicking myself for not even trying to recolor the wreaths once I saw how great they looked in your living room. I  liked the layout of your house, it seems easy to play in, and looks very much like my brothers house IRL.  ;)

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2013, 12:21:44 PM »
@Neashleigh - I don't think you did badly, i especially liked the view of the exterior of your house. It has great curb appeal, even if it might have been a bit to summery for this challenge. I liked how you had the parking space for the car of to the side. And the picture from the backyard is nice too. What I would have liked to have seen was a picture showing the floor plans of the house, maybe if you add that to your presentation next time more people will vote for you? I'm always interested in getting at look at that.

Thanks. I guess I'm kinda used to Summer Christmas's, coming from Australia originally ;) I will try to remember to include floor plans in future builds. Thanks for your comment.
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2013, 04:38:39 PM »
@ Micler When I explained about your stairs yesterday, I actually got your house confused with Neashaleigh's problem stairs. Your stairs were blocked by the rose stand. Did you use moveobjects to place it, because it covered half of the floor tile at the base of the stairs and that's why the sims couldn't use them.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Micler

• Occult
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2013, 07:32:25 PM »
@Twinmum- By rose stand, are you referring to the balloons? I don't think that I used moveobjects to place them. In my game they are placed the same as in the pictures I posted. Unfortunately, they must have moved when I uploaded the house.

@ladybug53- Thanks! I really liked your entry, as well. The kitchen and the exterior were my favourite parts. :)

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2013, 09:20:48 PM »
Micler, I owe you an apology and an extra point on your score. I've been having trouble with my computer crashing when I play Sims, so I moved to my daughter's gaming computer so that I could look at and play in all the contest houses without being booted out every couple of minutes. Anyway, I thought I had installed all the free stuff needed for the houses on her computer, but somehow I missed the set with the balloons. Because I didn't have them installed, my game replaced them with something else.. the rose stand which is wider at the base then the balloons and therefore blocked the stairs! I just went and installed the balloons and reinstalled your house and now there are balloons at the bottom of the stairs and my sims can easily walk up the stairs. If I had paid more attention to your photos I would have seen the balloons and picked up on the problem earlier, but I prefer to live in the houses and explore them that way rather than relying on a few photos. I'll go and adjust the overall scores now to reflect this finding.
Again, sorry for the mixup.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2013, 04:18:39 AM »
@ Micler When I explained about your stairs yesterday, I actually got your house confused with Neashaleigh's problem stairs. Your stairs were blocked by the rose stand. Did you use moveobjects to place it, because it covered half of the floor tile at the base of the stairs and that's why the sims couldn't use them.

Yeah I'm not too sure what happened with my stairs. I've not had problems before with them. Must have just been a funny 5 minutes. I'll look into it sometime :/

Not been too well lately, so not really been in the mood to play.
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2013, 02:21:07 PM »
Oops, just realised I used a Pets wallpaper in the kitchen.  -1 on the score?

Offline Micler

• Occult
« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2013, 09:45:43 PM »
Thank you for adjusting the score on my entry, Twinmum! :)