Author Topic: The Youth of Supersim (Comic Book serie)  (Read 9453 times)

Leto85

The Youth of Supersim (Comic Book serie)
« on: August 31, 2011, 06:49:11 PM »

Offline simlishlol

• Self-proclaimed aficionado
  • Immortal
  • U leik my horsie?
Re: The Youth of Supersim
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 08:37:22 PM »
Ooh, this sounds cool. Good luck with it Leto! ;D
When life gives you founders, you make an immortal dynasty!
Feel free to call me Simlish ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

loveSims

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 07:19:03 AM »
Good luck Leto can't wait to meet supersim

Leto85

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 03:15:51 AM »
Thank you guys. :)
I hope you all will like what I will post monday.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 03:30:23 AM »
I will be waiting with baited breath.
Oh, and is this Monday in the Dutch Time Zone, or by Forum Time?

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 04:25:38 AM »
Good luck with this Leto.
I will be reading! :)
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Leto85

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 09:22:55 AM »
I will be waiting with baited breath.
Oh, and is this Monday in the Dutch Time Zone, or by Forum Time?

Dutch. I hope you all don't mind I will be still sleeping at 3 in the morning. ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 03:21:49 PM »
About what time will you be posting the first chapter? Just wondering so that I can read it as soon as it is posted, Lol.  :) (You're about an hour ahead of the UK time in Holland?)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Leto85

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 03:34:01 PM »
About what time will you be posting the first chapter? Just wondering so that I can read it as soon as it is posted, Lol.  :) (You're about an hour ahead of the UK time in Holland?)

Yeah, I thought it was one hour. Unfortuniatly I don't have you on msn or Facebook or something like that so we can not test, but you can assume that I will upload the first whole chapter in the morning.
Let's see: I mostly wake up at 7:30 am, shower, eat, clean the dirt our cats leave behind, cuddle cats if they have been good, let some cats go outside, go upstairs myself, login the computer, upload files... I think I can be done before 10:00 am, Dutch time, so that will be 9 in your country. Deal? ;)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2011, 03:38:16 PM »
I am in the UK too so I can make sure that the kids are having their breakfast at nine so I can have some peace and quiet for computer time.
You have put so much work and effort into Supersim I can't wait to meet him.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2011, 03:41:03 PM »
Yeah, I thought it was an hour. Unfortuniatly I don't have you on msn or Facebook or something like that so we can not test, but you can assume that I will upload the first whole chapter in the morning.
Let's see: I mostly wake up at 7:30 am, shower, eat, clean the dirt our cats leave behind, cuddle cats if they have been good, let some cats go outside, go upstairs myself, login the computer, upload files... I think I can be done before 10:00 am, Dutch time, so that will be 9 in your country. Deal? ;)

Sounds like a good deal, I think I'll be awake by then.  ;D

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Youth of Supersim (Comic Book serie)
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2011, 05:19:07 PM »
Is there any way you can make that bigger? It's very small and it seems like most of it is just a Black Screen.  ???

Leto85

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2011, 05:22:31 PM »
Is there any way you can make that bigger? It's very small and it seems like most of it is just a Black Screen.  ???

No, I'm sorry. This screen you see is already build up of two, right under each other because otherwise I will exceed the maximum allowed size of pictures here.
If you know a better way, please let me know. Having a picture clickable for example, which will bring up a large version visible or something could be something.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2011, 05:28:27 PM »
No, I'm sorry. This screen you see is already build up of two right under each other because otherwise I will exceed the maximum allowed size of pictures here.
If you know a better way, please let me know. Having a picture clickable for example, which will bring make a large version visible or something.

I meant the Text and the actual Comic itself, I can hardly read the writing and barely make out the Pictures on my Screen. If you took out that long black background it might be better?

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2011, 05:42:30 PM »
This looks awesome Leto! I could only read the first paragraph of the comic (so far) even when I zoomed in!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Leto85

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2011, 05:51:26 PM »
I meant the Text and the actual Comic itself, I can hardly read the writing and barely make out the Pictures on my Screen. If you took out that long black background it might be better?

Hmm, I see. Perhaps I don't have trouble with the reading because I'm blessed with a big screen.
I will ask around if there is anything that can be done about it.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2011, 05:56:41 PM »
Leto, this is a Print Screen of my Computer and the Comic just posted, it's smaller than my Screen but it should give you an idea. Click HERE.

Leto85

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2011, 05:58:34 PM »
Leto, this is a Print Screen of my Computer and the Comic just posted, it's smaller than my Screen but it should give you an idea. Click HERE.

Wow, that is indeed pretty small. Thanks for showing me that. :)
I've already emaild the other moderators here and I hope that one of them can help me out.
It's late here, so I'm heading to bed. I will check my inbox tomorrow to see if there are any solutions.

Good night to you too!

Offline kiko94

• Immortal
  • you pronounce it *keko* not *kIko*
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2011, 06:01:12 PM »
yes leto, it's very small, I'm on a 1600x900 resolution, you could try to get things closer to each other, or just crop the comic part, it sounds really good  ;D
My Blog For Sims 3 Buildings, visit for exclusive content -07/11 update : New Houses and community lots, don't miss them !!

-The Awkward moment whe you are viewing who's online, and you find somone looking at your profile...

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2011, 06:03:59 PM »
Wow, that is indeed pretty smal. Thanks for showing me that. :)
I've already emaild the other moderators here and I hope that one of them can help us out here.
It's late here, so I'm heading to bed. I will check my inbox tomorrow to see if there are any solutions.

Good night to you too!

You could try asking Carl what size the Images on here are resized to, they seem to be able to display text well. The only problem I can think of is having that Black Border, the Gallery resizes the Image but doesn't distort it, it makes it so that whatever it does to one lengh it does to the width for example, keeps the proportions, if that is what you say.

Also if it's 11pm here it must early where you are! It's 12am No?  :P I'm about to do the same as you though, Lol.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2011, 12:46:01 AM »
Leto, I like the idea of comic with SuperSim but as others - I can hardly read it, and the effort I have to put to zoom in so much kill the mood.
Is it possible to fit it well on photo size OK for forum? It will be worth of having 2 or 3 posts separated for one chapter and make it readable rather then squeze it in one. Changing the font maybe and if possible a lot less black.
Looking forward seing Chapter 1.

Leto85

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2011, 02:16:42 AM »
What I can say is that the upcoming chapters are all closer to the edge of the black screen, left and right and that the font itself is 25 points in the beginning. I hope that this can be enough for you all to see it.
I know browsers have a zoom in function (I knew that since the last time I've checked my inbox here :P) but as Anushka said; if that kills the mood I have to find another solution.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2011, 03:06:41 AM »
Leto I don't think it matters about the width if the height is too large, the Gallery resizes Images to fit within a certain thing but it does it without ruining the proportions of the original picture, so I think your best solution is to make your Comic Sections the exact size of the Gallery Standard Images.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2011, 03:22:09 AM »
Leto I like your idea but I too can barely read it. On the image with the comic writing, there is a big black space down the bottom. Could you not increase the white background of the comic to take up that black space, and then increase the size of the text?

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2011, 06:53:56 AM »
This looks really cool, Leto, but I've go the same issue as everyone else.
Good luck, and I'll be reading!
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

anything