Author Topic: Rules: Restoring Similization: Project Rules (Oct. 29)  (Read 21032 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Restoring Similization: Project Rules (edited, June 8, 2013)
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2013, 06:56:51 AM »
Jude, glad to hear you're starting. Hope it goes well for you!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Namaya

• Townie
  • Every writer has a best friend inside their head.
Re: Restoring Similization: Project Rules (October 1, 2013)
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2013, 02:31:58 PM »
I'm going to try this! I have one question: are we allowed to buy dusty old lamps without any restrictions? I can't find it in the restrictions or anything, but it seems kind of 'easy' to me to buy a dusty old lamp and wish upon fortune to get the living in the lap of luxury or swimming in cash LTW completed...

EDIT: Nevermind, I just discovered that the dusty old lamp is part of the showtime LTR's. I didn't know that :P Don't mind me~

EDIT 2: I do have a different question. What about a fridge? Fridges run on electricity, don't they? So I'm guessing they cannot use them, but then how will they eat? Is there a way for sims to eat quick meals without a fridge?
Please read my stories! Any feedback is welcome:

Between Dreams and Sunset
The Beastly Legacy

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2013, 04:18:34 PM »
They are allowed to use the cheapest fridges. The assumption is that they're cold storage or a pantry. But basically, it's because Sims have to have a refrigerator in order to be able to eat. If you want to limit their diet to what they grow indoors in planters, though, that's all right.

Offline Namaya

• Townie
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2013, 04:23:34 PM »
They are allowed to use the cheapest fridges. The assumption is that they're cold storage or a pantry. But basically, it's because Sims have to have a refrigerator in order to be able to eat. If you want to limit their diet to what they grow indoors in planters, though, that's all right.

Thank you! ^^ I will use the mini-fridge from University. It kind of looks like a survival cooling box :P

The Beastly Legacy

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2013, 09:20:17 PM »
Ok! I've really, really wanted to play this challenge for a while (as since reading your story!) but the rule-set scares me a little. I have a few possibly annoying questions/requests to ask of you because of how I understand things. I've written out all of the general rules as I went through your post to make everything clear, but a few questions came to my mind.
I guess first I should make my request:
Would it be possible to get a list of everything your Sim is allowed to do/start out with before unlocking anything? I'm so terrified I'll mess up and buy something that's not allowed. I hope that's not too much trouble, I just would look at what could be in the house but then I read through some of the Restrictions and I see something about certain items. I just want to be sure.

My next question is probably a silly one but I like to be by-the-book when I have the chance. When you say "Only 2 squares at a time" with household building do you mean a day, or another span of time until you can build again? I would assume day, but I've learned it's better to ask than to assume.

I'm so sorry to ask all of these of you, I'm just a weird learner - at my school they called it a "musical/rhythmic" learning where if you get on track with one thing and get on to another it's hard to get back into focus of the first thing. It messes with the "rhythm" of your mind I guess.  ::) I just get so lost when it comes to figuring out how to start the challenges after putting the rules together.

On another note, I'm super excited for this challenge and thank you for upgrading it and keeping it updated. I know it's not easy and I just wanted to let you know that you're appreciated for taking all this time to write everything out so others can enjoy the challenge as well!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2013, 06:51:20 AM »
Livvie, please don't feel intimidated. I tried ti make this easier than the Apocalypse Challenge, which it's based on. I don't have a list of items you can buy because with new EPs and store stuff, it's hard to keep up. Basically, it's the following:

the cheapest refrigerator, stove, shower, counter, table, dining chair, bookcase (remove non-skill books)

The brass bed, bunk beds, any bed that's level 4 in comfort and under $500.

The cheapest crib, potty chair, high chair, toy box, Teddy bear, and either pegbox or xylophone.

The cheapest lamps that don't require electricity. I use something from Pets now, but there are also torches from World Adventures.

As for what you can do, that's mainly go to work, eat peanut butter sandwiches and quick meals, read skill books and the paper, work out with the cheap radio, and play chess or paint. On the first day you can get out and meet people and buy skill books.

With regard to building, the limit is 2 squares (walls, floor tiles) per day, after the first day. Buying is one object per day, unless you get twins or triplets and need an extra crib.

But all of these restrictions are guidelines. You don't have to quit if your sims do something forbidden. Your elders will make autumn salad, and your sims will dance to the radio. Just cancel the action as soon as you notice it.

Hope this all helps!

Offline Namaya

• Townie
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2013, 01:02:38 PM »
Oops, your sim is not allowed to dance in front of the radio?  :o

The Beastly Legacy

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2013, 01:04:50 PM »
Namaya, don't worry about it. It's certainly not worth going back and starting over.

Offline Namaya

• Townie
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2013, 02:33:49 PM »
Namaya, don't worry about it. It's certainly not worth going back and starting over.

Hehe, I wasn't planning to, but it's good to know now. I really think this challenge is a great training on learning how to complete LTW's as soon as possible, which is the main reason I'm playing this apart from the great story possibilities ^^.

The Beastly Legacy

Offline Namaya

• Townie
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2013, 09:05:27 AM »
OK sorry for the double post but I made a list after going through all the restrictions etc. with all the things that you're NOT allowed to do at the start and the most important things to remember. It's just a thing you can look at quickly instead of going through all of the 35 items every time you are doubting if you're allowed to do something. I suggest that you cross off what you're not allowed to do once you've cleared the related restriction!

Ohh and Marian please tell me if I forgot something :).

AT THE START YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO:
- Dance in front of the radio
- Visit any other place than work
- Use electric stuff or lights apart from the (cheapest) fridge and radio
- Have non-skill books in your bookcase
- Buy LTR’s
- Build above ground or beyond the 8x8 square
- Use the restyle option
- Buy decoration items
- Paint more than one painting a day
- invite chess players over
- Hang medium or large paintings on the wall
- Buy more than one piece of furniture a day or more than 2 squares of space a day.
- Buy stuff that costs more than 500 simoleons
- Read books
- Change appearance or plan outfits
- Fish, garden or swim in the ocean
- Turn into a zombie
- Retire
- Accept opportunities that take you outside of your home or workplace.
- Control elders
- Normal woohoo. You have to try for baby.
- Go to prom or participate in afterschool activities
- Children can only go on trips if it’s to their parents workplace
- Take on a profession or self-employment.
- Eat anything but quick meals or peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
- Pick traits for your children
- Buy musical instruments
- Use services through phone
- Befriend NPCs
- Place items on the surface lot apart from vehicles and decorative rocks
- Collect stuff
- Own a pet
- Throw parties
- Buy and upgrade properties
- Do celebrity opportunities or try to become a celebrity on purpose
- Travel
- Use buydebug
- Make Imaginary Friends real or add genies, mummies, vampires,  ghosts, fairies, aliens, simbots, mermaids or werewolves to the household
- Become a non-human lifestate with the exception of the witch.
- Use death flowers, prepare ambrosia, take young again potion, or eat life fruits.
- Sell contents of your family inventory

THINGS YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER:
- You have to put one big lemon car for every level of your shelter in your inventory every week.
- You have to quit work on the day your sim turns into an elder.
- If you get money for personal time off or pregnancy leave you have to buy something worth the same amount and put it in your family inventory.
- Pay your bills on the same day they arrive!!! (check your mailbox every day!!!)

The Beastly Legacy

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2013, 10:29:59 AM »
Namaya,

Excellent list!

One correction I would make is that you have to buy 1 big lemon car per level of your dwelling that is in use. If you've started putting stuff on your roof or in your second level, that counts even if the level is not fully completed. (But again, don't restart if you've missed a payment.)

Offline Namaya

• Townie
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2013, 10:37:13 AM »
Namaya,

Excellent list!

One correction I would make is that you have to buy 1 big lemon car per level of your dwelling that is in use. If you've started putting stuff on your roof or in your second level, that counts even if the level is not fully completed. (But again, don't restart if you've missed a payment.)

Alright! I'll add it to the list. I don't have a second level yet so that's good :P

The Beastly Legacy

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2013, 11:19:41 AM »
I have been contemplating on starting this challenge, so I appreciate your list, Namaya.

I have a question:

the cheapest refrigerator, stove, shower, counter, table, dining chair, bookcase (remove non-skill books)

The brass bed, bunk beds, any bed that's level 4 in comfort and under $500.

The cheapest crib, potty chair, high chair, toy box, Teddy bear, and either pegbox or xylophone.

The cheapest lamps that don't require electricity. I use something from Pets now, but there are also torches from World Adventures.

So you can buy all that on day one if you can afford it? Or can you buy just one item per day from that list?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2013, 03:51:37 PM »
The first day you can build your whole first level and buy as much as you have money for. Also, you don't have to pay protection the first Monday.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2013, 06:11:19 PM »
Ok, that list helps a lot because I was almost sure I was breaking a rule!  ::) Ah well, oops to the dancing on my part too!

My big question of the day is - does lighting count as your one object per day? I have a feeling the answer is yes so I've been treating that so. My founder was a power woman who buzzed through the business career like it's no one's business (teehee), and I've made sure that I make use of the 2 squares every day and the item so I could be prepared for her upcoming motherhood (as I didn't include any of those items in the house originally, I planned to build down and have more room for the kids to just be kids).

Question, since dancing in front of the radio is not allowed - when is it? I've gone through and wrote down all the restrictions (with checkmark boxes so I can mark them off accordingly) but I don't recall seeing when dancing is permitted?

Hopefully it's ok with you Marian to talk strategies, because I wanted to ask which were the first couple of restrictions lifted by everyone who has tried this challenge? I'm having a hard time deciding which would be the most efficient way (obviously the first one goes first, but then which next)?
Also a tip to everyone: don't use the big lemon car to equal out maternity leave/paid leave days, I almost forgot to pay my protection payments because of it!

anything