Author Topic: Building Contest 1 - 36 Sweetwater Loop  (Read 2329 times)

dimy77

Building Contest 1 - 36 Sweetwater Loop
« on: September 05, 2011, 01:12:15 PM »
House Name: 36 Sweetwater Loop

Price: 69,546 (in build mode, in lot bucket it's 67,746)

Lot Size: 30x30

Description: A lovely townhouse for a family of 4. Fully equipped with a luxary reading room, dining room, living room, kitchen, downstairs toilet, 2 bedrooms, bathroom and garage for 1 car.

Content: World Adventures, Ambitions, Generations and Late Night. Free plant from TS3 Store.

Pictures with annotation:

Chuckles_82

Re: Building Contest 1 - 36 Sweetwater Loop
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 06:10:23 PM »
Would I be right in guessing that you, too, like the Ares Relaxing Room? Judging by your use of plants in the entry way :) I did that exact same design when trying to make my first competition house (it was waaaay too big). It looks totally awesome :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

dimy77

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 06:42:11 PM »
Would I be right in guessing that you, too, like the Ares Relaxing Room? Judging by your use of plants in the entry way :) I did that exact same design when trying to make my first competition house (it was waaaay too big). It looks totally awesome :D

Ares relaxing room? No...never heard about :). I'll look it up. I took inspiration from some of "Chrillsim3's" stuff (youtuber). And yeah... when you download my house and even from the pictures it's obvious I made my house too big... and you can see which rooms I started decorating first. It wasn't until I started doing the kitchen I realised I wouldn't be able to stay within the 70k budget (I was originally already at 65k then and had to replace a lot of stuff with cheaper versions).

The top floor has two large (walled off) empty areas, I tried making the top floor smaller but then didn't like the way the roof looked. Oh well... it's a start and I've learned from the experience. :)

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 11:03:21 PM »
I guess the main thing is: Did you have fun building it? :) I also always start with more expensive items, and then gradually cull them down to less expensive when I get towards the end of my decorating. I guess it is just finding a balance between appearance and functionality.

dimy77

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 10:42:30 AM »
I guess the main thing is: Did you have fun building it? :) I also always start with more expensive items, and then gradually cull them down to less expensive when I get towards the end of my decorating. I guess it is just finding a balance between appearance and functionality.

yes was fun, but normally when I build a house for my sims I don't need to worry about budget so that was a first :). I'm planning to redo the interior of this house for personal use.