Author Topic: Weird Pics, funny posts or something new?  (Read 1644952 times)

bshag

Re: Weird Pics, funny posts or something new?
« Reply #390 on: May 14, 2010, 12:36:18 PM »
A spitting dragon? Where can we find that animal ingame?
I think what they are referring to is the fountain that is the head of a dragon and the water comes out of his mouth.  It's the Spitting Dragon Fountain...in the buy mode. ;D

Emjay

« Reply #391 on: May 14, 2010, 03:22:46 PM »

You want me to fix the sink? Me? Hah! I could do that with both my hands behind my back!

Ok, I'll admit my proto-type still has a few bugs.
Now will you please get off my back?

Honey, I'm home!
How was your day, dear?
The usual, a couple of chemical fires. How about you?
Garlic explosion.
Nice.

Not sure what the exact circumstances were, but both my sims had something happen at work that left them like this.

I do remember garlic being involved with the cook, hence the stinky-cloud.
Does anybody know if/how you can get that look and hair style on purpose?
Likewise the hairstyle for the mad scientist, I love that one.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline templesmom

• Townie
  • Happy Simming!
« Reply #392 on: May 14, 2010, 04:22:35 PM »
Awsome. LOVE the last picture.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #393 on: May 14, 2010, 06:17:02 PM »
I do remember garlic being involved with the cook, hence the stinky-cloud.
I got that once. Apparently, your sim is near an oven with something in it, and a heated debate starts. Your sim catches on fire and is extinguished by a pot of garlic sauce.
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #394 on: May 14, 2010, 07:45:24 PM »
What in the world was going on in that middle picture?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Emjay

« Reply #395 on: May 14, 2010, 08:11:57 PM »
What in the world was going on in that middle picture?
I really don't know.
My sim was about to hit level 9 in science, and I got all excited since that was his lifetime wish (become a Creature-Robot Cross Breeder), when the game got really buggy.
They all got out of work, but I didn't get a notice of money earned, promotion or anything, and every sim (in the entire town) was frozen.
Poor Max and his coworkers all left the building at the same time and got stuck together.

I tried resetting a couple of them, but that didn't work.
When I reset the wife who was frozen at home, she teleported to the garden, walked a few steps towards the front door, went invisible (camera still followed her through the door) and then teleported outside again and got stuck in that loop.
Going through several save games I couldn't find exactly where the game got bugged, so I started a new game with better traits etc from my experience so far and didn't encounter the bug again.

Since Max was about to hit the Creature-Robot Cross Breeder level, I fancy his experiments took a very wrong turn.
In the new game he made it to Mad Scientist and I like to make him whip out his ray gun and zap everything in sight.
I even experimented with giving him evil/insane/inappropriate traits to see if he would do that on his own, but no luck so far.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #396 on: May 14, 2010, 08:49:48 PM »
I thouht this was kinda cute.  Had just put this sims gravestone down and a few hours later, he comes out and the first thing he does is meditate.  No haunting, just meditating, lol.

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheCub

• Townie
« Reply #397 on: May 14, 2010, 09:20:40 PM »

This is going to sound really sad of me, but does anyone else miss the reticulating splines and re-reticulating splines that used to scroll along the bottom from TS2? No clue what that meant, but it was tweaked with each expansion. Not that anymore, sadly.

That's actually one of the first things I looked for when I got The Sims 3. (Now that's sad!) :D It doesn't show up every time, but I occasionally see "Reticulating 4-D Splines". That was with the base game; I haven't noticed it since I got WA or HELS.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #398 on: May 14, 2010, 11:04:18 PM »
My husband always wondered what reticulating splines is and I had no idea what to tell him.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #399 on: May 15, 2010, 02:33:45 AM »
My husband always wondered what reticulating splines is and I had no idea what to tell him.
It's essentially a joke in the earlier games that during the load screens they showed what the computer was presently up to, but it was very weird and non-existent stuff like "reticulating spines".
You could really have wanted to hear some better explanation on why you were waiting sometimes! :D

I plainly guess that they're like, arranging people's spines in a network. ;)
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #400 on: May 15, 2010, 07:26:21 AM »
Your right about that.  I put a family graveyard next door to my generation family.  I had a funeral party and at the end put the urn in my sims inventory and then took the whole party next door to the graveyard to place the headstone.  Then the dead sims son played her favorite song on the guitar, it was really very cool.  This way the ghosts are close to the family, but they don't run through the house. 

The neat thing, when this ghost started meditating, he levitated immediatly, wish they would do that when they are alive.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #401 on: May 15, 2010, 08:33:51 AM »
A graveyard next door sounds like a good idea. And such a lovely funeral - that sounds great! Did you get any nice photos?

My ghosts are also fond of sleeping in the sarcophaguses (not sure how to spell that) in the basement. Pity I don't have the one that turns sims into mummies. Or do I? It would be cool to have a mummy ghost without even trying. Lol

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #402 on: May 15, 2010, 10:53:50 AM »
If it is a cursed sarcophagus, then I can't really see why it shouldn't work. Usually, EA doesn't go so deep down into the programming that they specifically put in hindrances for these things. I've seen weirder things in my days. ;)

PS. "Sarcophaguses" is correct; "sarcophagi" is equally correct plural form of "sarcophagus". :)
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Wova4

« Reply #403 on: May 15, 2010, 02:40:25 PM »
A spline is polynomial model that attempts to fit a set of data points.  It's like linear regression without the central limit theorem, and not terribly useful considering the amount of work it takes, IMO.

I knew that course in Numerical Analysis would pay off.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #404 on: May 15, 2010, 05:51:37 PM »
A private graveyard next door is a good idea.  I've got that in one of my games.  Also, you can reset the ghost who is causing problems, especially for the ones haunting day and night.  They'll go immediately back to the grave when they are reset. 

To reset:

Open the cheats window with Ctrl-Alt-C
Type "resetSim Firstname Lastname" (without quote marks)
Enter

Be sure to type it exactly as shown because it's case sensitive.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog