Author Topic: Weird Pics, funny posts or something new?  (Read 1644048 times)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: Weird Pics, funny posts or something new?
« Reply #6165 on: November 24, 2016, 09:14:32 PM »
@Nindigo --- Thanks!  I'm glad that you like my Sims.  They are so much fun, but they do not have pink hair --- it's blond --- but maybe that car makes it look pinkish.

Your Sims look awesome.  Thanks for sharing :)!

Offline Loconut

• Llama Wrangler
    • My DA
« Reply #6166 on: November 25, 2016, 04:35:44 PM »
I made this account just to share things that have happened in my game, so sorry I'm a newbie ex-lurker :c

The other day I made my married elder couple to form a band, which I promptly named "The Old People". I used Nraas Master Controller to spawn some gig opportunities for them since they didn't know any other elders who'd want to be in their band (I was playing in bridgeport). So it was time for their first gig, and as the lady of the house stepped on the stage she proceeded to die of old age, lol. I guess you can't go around naming bands "The Old People".
Blob.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #6167 on: November 26, 2016, 02:48:12 AM »
@Loconut --- Welcome to the forum.  Wow, that's funny :)!  I wish I could see a screenshot of that!

Offline Loconut

• Llama Wrangler
    • My DA
« Reply #6168 on: November 29, 2016, 11:39:45 PM »
Thank you! And yeah, I lost all the screens from that due to some computer mishaps :c

Buying the happiness point salt lick when you have more than one horse in your family is the worst idea....

I have to delete 3+ gnomes from the lot I have my farm in every day xD

Also! My horse had a ghost baby :o just thought I'd share a screenshot since I've never had a ghost pet before (only had the game for about a year)

Another new thing to me was that sims can roast anything edible they have in their inventory on the campfires. I never tend to use them since most of the actions that the game says you can do on the campfire (like tell ghost stories etc) will force the sims out of the chair >_> it annoys me a lot! but this was cool

I tried to build a walk-in basement the same way you'd build basements in ts2 (the basement tool seems to be iffy with foundation) and well....

Decided to restart the game and got this :

A flooded basement! :D Quite useful if you want to have some screenshots for roleplay purposes I guess, since sims can interact with everything and they'll swim through the doors etc.
Blob.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #6169 on: November 30, 2016, 12:20:58 AM »
You're welcome, @Loconut :)!  Wow --- a flooded basement!  That's amazing!  I hope you were able to fix it, though.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #6170 on: November 30, 2016, 09:22:09 AM »
Whoa! I never knew there was a flooded basement glitch in TS3.  :o

Offline Loconut

• Llama Wrangler
    • My DA
« Reply #6171 on: November 30, 2016, 10:55:37 AM »
You're welcome, @Loconut :)!  Wow --- a flooded basement!  That's amazing!  I hope you were able to fix it, though.

Unfortunately no :( It would've required me to edit the neighbourhood file in create-a-world tool and I don't have that in me, lol.

Whoa! I never knew there was a flooded basement glitch in TS3.  :o

Yeah, I thought they'd have fixed it for sure (which they kinda have, with the basement tool. But building basements under foundation I haven't been able to get to work)
It's the same reason they'd happen in TS2, When you try to build lower than the water level of the map. Aurora Skies apparently has very high water level :D
Blob.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #6172 on: November 30, 2016, 11:50:49 AM »
@Loconut --- You other screenshots look awesome, too :)!

Offline Loconut

• Llama Wrangler
    • My DA
« Reply #6173 on: December 01, 2016, 01:23:22 AM »
Okay so, in my current just for fun legacy I already decided on an heir so I decided to use my only spare as kind of an experiment. When she got in one of her moodswings I decided to get her into as much trouble as possible + complete every wish she got from it. Eventually after being scolded around 5 times and taking three separate time outs she rolled the wish to break it off with her mother (they were best friends), so I had her be mean to her and eventually got them to be nemesises (nemesi?). Then the mother immediatelly rolled for a wish to send the child into a boarding school LOL. Not even a specific one that you usually get when the mom is an artist or athlete etc. Just general "get this kid away from me" boarding school xD
Blob.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #6174 on: December 01, 2016, 02:22:38 AM »
@Loconut --- I wish you could get your basement back :)!  It's really interesting that your Sim's mother wanted to send her to any old boarding school and that the child/teen? wanted to get away from her mother, in the first place, since they were best friends.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #6175 on: December 01, 2016, 08:47:58 AM »
@Loconut --- I wish you could get your basement back :)!  It's really interesting that your Sim's mother wanted to send her to any old boarding school and that the child/teen? wanted to get away from her mother, in the first place, since they were best friends.

Back when Generations first came out, I remember one family I was playing had a kid who got in trouble a lot, and after one incident, his father rolled a wish to enroll him in the Fort Starch military school.  It was like he was thinking, "This kid needs some discipline. How about the army?"

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
« Reply #6176 on: December 01, 2016, 10:04:36 AM »
Teens have mood swings that push them to be mean to others, even teens who are good or friendly have them. The most frequent wish is to end their friendship with their family and best friends. The closest relationship they have, the more often they have the wish.

Offline Loconut

• Llama Wrangler
    • My DA
« Reply #6177 on: December 01, 2016, 10:46:25 AM »
I think what also pushes the wish is whoever is scolding the teen having the mood swing. My teen had no wish to break it off with her dad ,even though she was best friends with him too, before he scolded her. With other siblings it seems to just be random.

nevertheless, generations is probably my favourite expansion pack just for the added drama, lol.
Blob.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #6178 on: December 01, 2016, 12:56:32 PM »
Arguments between sims definitely inspire the wishes to stop being friends with or break up with another sim.  I've seen parents and children argue and then wish to stop being friends with each other.

The most dramatic I had was an evil sim who got into an argument with his girlfriend. Right after they walked away from each other, he rolled a wish to see her fiery ghost.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #6179 on: December 01, 2016, 05:28:04 PM »
Wow!  That kind of stuff seems like it happens a lot in TS3.  However, you, as the player, could choose not to accept the wish, similarly to how players may "x out" whims in TS4.  In both games, players could instruct the Sim to only use friendly socials.

anything