Author Topic: Building Contest Winners  (Read 34377 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Building Contest Winners
« on: September 16, 2011, 11:53:51 AM »

Building Contests 2013 Winners

Congratulations to everyone who takes part in the Contests, especially to those who win the votes and the Contest! Here you will find a list of all the Winners and their Contests in chronological order.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Building Contest - Winners
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 12:14:46 PM »
Building Contest 1 - A Town House - Aug 26, 2011 - Sept 8, 2011
    Katluvr!

Congratulations Katluvr! What a fantastic entry! You can see Katluvr's Entry here and download it here.

Katluvrs Comment:

"Wow, I can't believe it!  Thank you to everyone who voted for my house and congratulations to everyone who entered the contest on your fantastic townhouses!

I found the actual assignment quite easy - I knew immediately what I wanted my build to look like - it was harder actually making it happen.  I have never built anything with a daylight basement before, so I sat there flipping back and forth between a tutorial and The Sims 3, following each step painstakingly.  I was thrilled when my townhouse ended up looking exactly the way I envisioned it."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
Re: Building Contest Winners
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 02:19:11 PM »
Building Contest 2 - Beach Villa   Sept 9, 2011 - Sept 22, 2011
    Lynley1248!

Congratulations Lynley! What a wonderful entry! You can see Lynley's Oceane - Modern Beach House here and download it here.

Lynley's Comment:

"Considering there were so many great entries, I am really surprised and happy to have won.

Thanks to everyone who voted for my beach house. I had a really great time building for this contest. Beach homes are not something I build often or something I’ve actually seen in person, so I started out by searching online for images/descriptions of beach houses. I decided I wanted to try a modern house with lots of windows to capture all those great beach views.  Something light and airy.  It took me about six or seven failed attempts, but I finally got something I was happy with. The hardest part for me was trying to make sure it had a modern beach vibe.  I really enjoyed this contest, though, because it was something unfamiliar and challenging. And I loved seeing everyone elses fantastic builds!

Lynley"
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Building Contest Winners - Congratulations Chuckles_82 for Contest 3!
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 07:05:06 AM »
Building Contest 3 - An Asian Home   Sept 23, 2011 - Oct 6, 2011
    Chuckles_82!

Congratulations Chuckles_82! What an amazing entry! You can see Chuckles' entry - Zenadu here and you can download it here

Chuckles_82's Comment:

" Wow! I'm stoked that I won this one. My many thanks to everyone who voted for me, and those who download and enjoy my creations. As I have said in my swap shop thread, building is great fun for me, and having others enjoy my creations really is the icing on the cake.

It's hard to pick one favourite part about Zenadu. The name I especially liked because it was a play on Zen and Xanadu (A poem by Coleridge, and a song by Olivia Newtion John with ELO). I really started to get creative with different wall coverings, and trying to do things more differently. I was so excited with my ideas for the living room I actually couldn't sleep and had to get up to build it at 2am! The living room and study were fully my own inspiration, but the outdoors came from the Chinese Gardens in Darling Harbour, and then I googled each of the other rooms separately until I found a scheme I liked and adapted it to fit the rest of the house.

The hardest part for me was getting the rooves to do what I wanted. It's frustrating after building one square from the edge for so long to then have a roof that requires 2 squares space or it will go over. That and I hate it when you use two types of roof and they have different edge levels where the guttering would be. If not for that I'd have been more creative with the roof, but all in all the end product was still good. "

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Building Contest Winners - Congratulations Agneza for Contest 4!
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 06:26:44 PM »
Building Contest 4 - A Rundown Starter   Oct 7, 2011 - Oct 20, 2011
    Agneza!

Congratulations Agneza! What a delightful entry! You can see Agneza's All I Need is Love here and download it here.

Agneza's Comment:

"I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me. I enjoy very much in your work and this is why I decided to take part in the contest. I'm still surprised considering all the nice houses.
About the house, I often play in Twinbrook, so I thought this swampy mood is just right for this theme, all the rest came from the heart, cause...all I need is love. Life is the best inspiration.
I'd like to congratulate to all that took part on this contest. So much creativity.
Hope you'll like my next works too.

Agneza"
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Building Contest Winners - Congratulations danefaith for Contest 5!
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 02:18:46 PM »
Building Contest 5 - A Family Farm   Oct 21, 2011 - Nov 3, 2011
    danefaith!

Congratulations danefaith! A very well built and very fitting entry! You can see danefaiths's Hippische Huis here and download it here.

danefaith's Comment:

"Oh ha, I don't really know what to say.  I'd like to thank the academy?  No, that's already been done.

I suppose all that I could very well say is that I'm glad that such a strong and varied building community has developed here over the past months, and that I got to be a part of it, and learn and grow alongside everyone else.  I owe a lot to the constant exchange of input, suggestions and critiques that gets generated in the building and construction forum, as both giving and receiving such input is paramount for furthering one's understanding of a creative subject.

As for how I tackled this particular contest?  Well, I didn't do anything incredibly special.  As most people know, I rely heavily on researching architectural styles, and finding those little details and approaches that make different styles unique, and then seeing how they can be applied in the Sims setting.  I decided to see how dutch colonial, American craftsman, and ranch styles would come together.  Turns out, they came together well!

So yeah, once again, I'd like to say thanks to the Academy to everyone who voted and participated.  It's tough competition that makes it worth competing."

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Building Contest Winners - Congratulations Twinmum for Contest 6!
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 08:58:32 AM »
Building Contest 5 - A Gothic/Vampire House   Nov 4, 2011 - Nov 17, 2011
    Twinmum!

Congratulations Twinmum! Little Grey is a fabulous little Gothic Victorian! You can see Twinmum's Little Grey here and download it here.

Twinmum's Comment:

"Any comments? Umm, not that I can think of, except I had fun building it and thanks to those who voted. lol

Norma"

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Building Contest Winners - Congratulations Lynley1248 for Contest 7!
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 01:01:19 PM »
Building Contest 7 - A European Classic   Nov 20, 2011 - Dec 3, 2011
    Lynley1248!

Congratulations Lynley! Mayfield is a very elegant and stunning build! You can see Lynley1248's Mayfield here and download it here.

Lynley1248's Comment:

"There were so many wonderful entries!  Thanks to everyone who voted for my house.   I really love European homes, so I was really excited about this contest. And was so glad I made the deadline.  When thinking of European-inspired houses, I always picture grand and elegant, so I wanted a home that looked both elegant and spacious without being too large and empty.  I also knew from the start that I wanted to incorporate stone, brick, and stucco.  It took several different tries, but I was really happy with what I finally came up with.  The hardest part for me was trying to keep it in budget.  It was probably one of my favorite houses to build."

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Building Contest Winners - Congratulations Joria for Contest 8!
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 09:03:14 PM »
Building Contest 8 - Santa's Sunshine Escape   December 2 - 29, 2011
    Joria!

Congratulations Joria! Joyeaux is a winter-fully sunshine escape, just what the doctor ordered for Santa and his family after a busy holiday season! You can see Joria's Joyeaux here and download it here.

Joria's Comment:

"Wow!  I'm really honored!  I guess I can't ever say I never win anything again, can I? lol  This build was the most fun I've had in a long time.  I wanted to make it as complete as I possibly could, yet I know there are still things I could do to make it "perfect".  I loved putting the snow at the entrance. I loved making a dormitory for the elves and the "Naughty or Nice" office.  We had decided to not decorate our home this year so this gave me a chance to do all the decorating I wanted to, and then give it all to everyone else.  Thanks so much for the votes.

Personally, I felt everyone deserved to win this one.  Katluvr's house in particular and SassySimmers were my favorites.  So hard to choose!  Congratulations to everyone who entered and thank you Tom and Lily for such a unique contest.  I know we'll see many more.

Hugs everybody!
"

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Building Contest Winners - Thank you and Congratulations to SassySimmer!
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 11:51:56 AM »
Building Contest 2011 Participation   August, 26 - December, 29
    SassySimmer!

We want to say a huge thank you to SassySimmer for having entered the most Contests on the forum! So a big congratulations and thank you to her for sticking with it and taking part so amazingly! She has taken part in all of the Contests of 2011 and even though not winning still came back every contest with a great entry, showing improvement and having taken on advice from other members. Sassy keeps a thread of all of her creations which also feature the contest builds, here is the thread if you would like to see her work and download it. Thank you SassySimmer!

(The pictures below are four of Sassy's Entries that were chosen for the image by herself. Top Left: Asian Fusion (#3) Right: Inventors Cabin (#4) Bottom Left: Oakley Manor (#6) Right: The Getaway (#8) )

SassySimmers' Comment:

"Wow this is unbelievable.  Thank you, it's such an honor.  When the contests first started I thought that this is something that I could really get my teeth into and I remember waiting with anticipation for the first contest to begin, as I had never been much of a builder and the houses I built were just to serve a purpose rather than be aesthetically pleasing.  Although I did try, I never really customised anything to the detail that I try now.  My favourite part of the builds is after I have finished the shell and placed all the furniture is customising everything from the walls to the sofa, etc.  I love taking part in the contests, as I take on board every bit of feedback that I receive and try to improve on my builds, although I have recently started to branch out and build without contest supervision, it's purely to practice different techniques and fill in time for before the next contest begins

I was never much of a builder before the contests started, but from the feedback that I have been receiving from other awesome builders on this forum I have improved a lot since my first build.

My favourite contest so far has to be A Rundown Starter.  I really had fun with this one and it was the first time that I put a story to one of my builds.
"

[/quote]

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 02:24:16 AM »
Building Contest 2012: 1 - Helping with Resolutions   January 13 - 26, 2012
    Ausette and Agneza!

We have our first tie for first place! Ausette and Agneza tied with 11 Votes! Both entries were superb and really will help their respective Sims on their journey to change their lives. Not to mention the quality in both builds. Congratulations to both Agneza and Ausette! You can download Ausette's Park Palace Here and Agneza's Modern Explorer Here.

Ausette's Comment:

"Woot, my first first! I wasn't even that confident about this entry compared to some of my past builds, so coming in first was a nice surprise for me. Big hugs to the people who voted for Park Palace, I'm glad you liked it as much as I liked building it. :)

Doing a Sim-based challenge was tons of fun for me. Since this contest was all about the furnishings I built Park Palace a little differently to how I usually do; instead of building a shell and then filling the rooms in, I designed the gym first and built outwards from that. Finding a style that suited that shell was tricky, but eventually I found a cottage-y look that I liked. There was a real story-telling aspect to this contest, and I loved seeing everyone else's take on it. Congratulations to Agneza and the rest of our wonderful builders!
"

Agneza's Comment:

"I'm very happy to share the first place with Ausette and I honestly congrats to her ! I feel much better to be in company. It would be nice if I could change the name "Agnesa's creative office" to the " A & A Creative Company". Thanks to everybody who voted for me and a big compliment to every participant. I really enjoyed so much looking at Your excellent works. I had lot of problems with my entry and I thought I'll give up, now I'm glad I didn't."

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Building Contest - Winners
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 03:37:32 AM »
Building Contest 2012: 2 - Artistic Rendezvous - Jan 27, 2012 - Feb 9, 2012
    samoht04!

Congratulations samoht04! You can see samoht04's Entry here and download it here.

samoht04's Comment:

"Thank you so much to everyone who voted for me, I just got my first Win!  :) I have to say though that I sturggled so badly on voting because everyone had such unique and artistic interpretations and entries. When i saw more people adding in Musical Items I realised I'd missed out on something there and when I went to see the results just now I was really surprised I'd won!

I think I'll just tell you a little more about my entry. I decided that I didn't want to do a building or a park as such and so I thought about what I could do when I got the idea of a giant glasshouse type building. It would provide shelter for the artists but also let in light and nature for them to draw inspiration from. It took me ages to get the roof to work properly and many designs and methods of the Glasshouse, eventually I stuck with this one and I am pleased with it.

Thanks again to everyone who voted and a big cheer for everyone else who entered!"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2012, 02:13:37 AM »
Building Contest 2012: 3 - Abstract Exterior - Feb 11, 2012 - Feb 23, 2012
    Ausette!

Congratulations Ausette! What an abstract and quirky design! You can see Ausette's Entry here and download it here.

Ausette's Comment:

"This was another contest that I didn't expect to win. I almost feel guilty for winning this week; the other entries were all so big, detailed, and creative compared to mine. Congratulations to all the amazing builders for a job well done!

For the first week of the contest, I was drawing a major blank. When I build, I like to account for the rooms the house could hold, and to make an empty shell with no bearing on the potential interior just felt really jarring to me. Eventually I decided the exterior had to resemble something other than a pleasing array of shapes, but what? Vegetable, animal, or mineral? That's when the llama idea hit me. It was a joy to build and I'm glad you guys seemed to like it.  "

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 02:10:04 PM »
Building Contest 2012, Long - February: Not-So-Broke Modern Family Complex - Jan 27, 2012 - Feb 23, 2012
    Agneza!

Congratulations to Agneza on a wonderfully created modern home for the newly not-Broke family! You can see Agneza's The Three Masterpiece in One here and download it here.

Agneza's Comment:

"Thank you to all who voted for my house and my congratulations to everybody who entered. I had a very clear vision of what I wanted, how it should look, but the biggest problem like always was the budget. I like this house, but I think the red color in the middle house was the wrong choice. I'm very glad you like my work - and Thank You."

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2012, 03:28:28 AM »
Building Contest 2012: 4 - Destination Homes - Feb 24, 2012 - March 8, 2012
    Ausette!

Congratulations Ausette! The perfect Egyptian Home! I'm sure many of our adventurers would love to spend their trips living in this entry! You can see Ausette's Entry here and download it here.

Ausette's Comment:

"The moment this contest was announced, I knew I wanted to build an Egyptian home. I just love Al Simhara's flat roofs and earthy textures, and I had a great time checking out the premade homes for inspiration. It was a little bit annoying jumping back and forth between Riverview and Egypt to save my game while building, but I was very happy with the end result and the way it blended into the town. Thank you to everyone who voted, and thanks to all the builders for a great competition!"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2012, 12:18:57 PM »
Building Contests 2012-Long, March: A Boarding School for Simkids and Simteens - March 1, 2012 - March 28, 2012
    Ashel Veh!

Congratulations Ashel Veh! What a way to join the forum by winning the Building Contest, that and with such an amazing boarding school! You can see Ashel Veh's Entry here and download it here.

Ashel Veh's Comment:

"Thank you to everyone who participated - whether it was in creating the contest or in entering the contest - your efforts are greatly appreciated.  I was both shocked and thrilled that so many people liked my work.  You have no idea how much that means to me.  I even did my own little "happy dance!" 

I was asked what I liked about my entry, which makes me feel a trifle immodest and thus uncomfortable, but I think the favorite part of my build was the pool area.  I love that pool!  Quite frankly, if I could transfer that pool from my computer screen to my backyard we wouldn't be having this conversation because I would be out by the pool and you would never be able to pry me away from it!!   ;)

Once again, thank you so much!"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2012, 04:51:15 AM »
Building Contest 2012: 5 - The Place to Perform - March 12, 2012 - March 29, 2012
    Agneza!

Congratulations Agneza! What a stunning place to perform, I'm sure you've just allowed many Sims to get their shot at fame! You can see Agneza's Entry here and download it here.

Agneza's Comment:

"Thanks to everybody who voted for me and a big congrats to all who partecipated to this contest - all the works are great!. The time I builded the Colors Bubble I didn't have the Showtime expansion. I didn't know how the stage looks like nor how big it is. It was a pure luck I builded the stage that big. The stage floor which came with the Showtime matched perfectly my stage.
The world of the performers is quite known to me so I really enjoyed building that community lot as I'm enjoying playing it now."

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2012, 02:43:17 AM »
Building Contest 2012: 6 - An Abstract Interior - March 23, 2012 - April 5, 2012
    Lilygirl!

Congratulations Lilygirl! What a fitting interior to your Llama, such a clever and original idea! You can see Lilygirl's Entry here and download it here.

Lilygirl's Comment:

"When Ausette first posted the llama as her entry for the Abstract Exterior contest I wanted it to win so I could get inside that thing and go nuts! I didn't actually know what I wanted to do with it until I had it sitting in my library for a couple days. Initially, I was going to colour and arrange the furniture to represent the different internal organs but then I thought I might as well bring the floor into it so that things were more obvious. I started with the cyan colour but things became more pink as it made more sense for internal organs.

It was fun to see what everyone else came up with, I love the fact that the neck/head was large enough to include. Thank you to all who voted for me! See you next time."

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2012, 11:35:46 AM »
Building Contest 2012: 7 - Ambitious Designs - April 6, 2012 - April 19, 2012
    Ausette!

Congratulations again Ausette! Your laundromat was voted the most ambitious design! You can see Ausette's Entry here and download it here.

Ausette's Comment:

"Out of all the contests I built for this year, this was the one I found hardest to stay under budget for. I initially wanted to build a fire station, but when the budgeted version didn't meet my standards I had to go back to the drawing board and pick a new venue. I ended up building a little laundromat for Sunset Valley, because, well, I like laundromats and Sunset Valley. I have no idea where the idea to put the paintings out the front came from, but once I'd built that exterior I just knew I had to enter it. Thank you to everyone who voted, and congratulations to all the other fantastic builders! I loved every single entry in this contest, particularly the two runners-up!"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2012, 01:32:00 PM »
Building Contest 2012, Long: April: Renovation or Restoration for a Goth - April 1, 2012 - April 28, 2012
    Joria and Samoht04!

Congratulations to Joria and myself (samoht04)! We had another draw for the Goth Renovation Contest, our second draw of the Contests I think! You can see Joria's Entry here and download it here. You can see Samoht04's Entry here and download it here.

Joria's Entry
Samoht04's Entry

Joria's Comment:

"Thank you to all who voted for my restoration of the Goth Manor.  I really enjoyed this build although I had to leave it not quite perfect in my eyes.  Ran out of money with all that landscaping!
To me this building has always been a grand victorian lady and deserved to be elegant and bright.  I'm not as good a builder as many here but I really enjoy remodeling so this was right up my alley.

Congratulations to my co-winner, samoht!  I love what he did with his remodel and there are several ideas I'd love to steal! 

Also congratulations to all the other entrants!  There was not one entry I didn't love.  Many were so unique and such a different take on the Goth manor and I know I'm going to be doing a lot of downloading in the future.  Just imagine what SV would look like if each of these entries were there!  WOW!"

Samoht04's Comment:

"A big thank you to everyone who voted for my Goth manor entry! So glad people liked it, I think my favourite part of it was actually the landscaping - I was quite proud of that. As with Joria I also ran out slightly although I do hope it wasn't noticeable! I've not done much remodelling so it was more a case of gut it and start again for me, I found it must more entertaining than I had thought I would and I'm sure I wasn't alone in finding this contest to be fun as well as challenging.

Congrats to Joria on her fabulous entry, I mean what else did you expect from our resident Queen of Renovations! There were such fantastic ideas and styles made with the other entries I'm surprised mine was voted joint-winner as there was such inspirational ideas - some I still can't believe used to be the Goth Manor! Congratulations and a big thank you to everyone who takes part in any way, be it voting, entering or commenting: things just wouldn't be so great without all of you! Thank you again!"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2012, 03:46:08 PM »
Building Contest 2012: 8 - Hunter's Lodge - April 22, 2012 - May 5, 2012
    intl_incident!

Congratulations intl_incident! New to the Forum and bringing great building talent, welcome and congratulations! You can see intl_incident's Entry here and download it here.

intl_incident's Comment:

"Wow! Thanks so much to everyone who voted for my house.  What a wonderful surprise, especially given how creative and fun everyone else's entries were.  My inspiration for the house came from the vacations I used to take as a child, a lot of which were to cabin-type locations in the northern part of the US.  I love the style of rough-hewn wooden walls with thick pillars and beams on the roofs, and I wanted to try to recreate that in the contest house.  I also love water and bridges and decks, and really wish I could have a pond or a pool like the one in my build!  I may not be a fan of fishing like Hunter, but just sitting out on the deck and listening to the fountain would be great. Thanks again to everyone who voted and for those who ran the contest, and congratulations to everyone else for such fantastic houses."

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2012, 11:16:23 AM »
Building Contest 2012: 9 - Miniature Minimalist  - May 4, 2012 - May 17, 2012
    ZapKid!

Congratulations ZapKid! Modern and Minimalist seem to really be ZapKid's strong point and he's just gone and proven it with a great Minimalist Entry! You can see ZapKid's Entry here and download it here.

ZapKid's Comment:

"Wow! Thanks to everyone who voted for me! I think everyone did a great job on the contest!

When I first entered the contest, I didn't have much of an idea. It was when I expanded my main shell to two stories when it finally came all together. I had the most fun making the exterior and garden in the back. My favorite part of the house was probably the garage; it was nice and roomy so I was a big fan of it.

I enjoyed having to make it so small and cheap. It took me an hour to get the exterior right, the interior was almost impossible.
I finally set on something I liked, and, well, here I am!

So thanks again, everyone! Everyone did stupendous and to be shocked I was surprised I actually won! Thanks for making my first winning contest a real whopper!"

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2012, 03:38:26 PM »
Building Contest 2012-Long, May: Out at the Park - May 1, 2012 - May 28, 2012
    Decima!

Congratulations Decima! What a unique and peaceful park with amenities for every Sim! You can see Decima's Entry here and download it here.

Decima's Comment:

"Thank you everyone who participated and voted in the contest! I love doing the contests so much and without the participation of everyone they wouldn't be possible.

I think I enjoyed doing the park the most out of all the contests I've entered so far, but it was a huge shock to win as I'm still a newbie on here and haven't that much building experience. I just watch a lot of youtube tutorials! It actually took me much longer than the other contests as I'd nearly finished when I decided I'd built on a lot that was a bit too big and I was running out of money. So I scrapped it and started from scratch again on a smaller one.

Thanks again to everyone who voted for and downloaded Kyoto Gardens, I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I enjoyed building it. "

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2012, 04:49:17 PM »
Building Contest 2012: 10 - Storybook Style  - May 18, 2012 - May 31, 2012
    Anushka and Decima!

Congratulations Anushka and Decima! It was a tie for first place! Both entries looks like it just leapt out from the pages of a storybook, well done on such a fantastic representation of both Stories - I'm sure we can all see which stories they are from! You can see Anushka's Entry here and download it here. You can also find Decima's Entry here and download it here.

Anushka's Comment:

"My first victory! I really didn't expect this, as I know how many great builders there are and many have a great talent in building fairytale style houses. When I read the contest rules, I knew I wanted to built a Cottage for Snow White and Seven Dwarves  . I had a great fun building it, but didn't have enough time to work on the interior as I wanted it - my PC was scheduled for a service maintainance that week. It turns out that it worked like this and on half of the budget available even better and more suitable for mostly male house in the time without electricity.  I'm very honored to be a part of the such a great building community, thank you for this fun competition and everyone that voted for my submission! Congratulations Decima, it's an honour to share the glory with you!"

Decima's Comment:

"Thank you everyone who voted, and well done to Anushka! I laughed out loud when I saw the gnome dwarfs! What a brilliant idea!

I had completely written off my entry once I saw the others and didn't even check the thread to see how the voting had gone! I liked all of the entries and think we all did a great job. Big thanks to everyone who takes part in the contests, everyone who votes and lilygirl and samoht for running them."

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2012, 03:48:46 PM »
Building Contest 2012: 11 - Summertime Sunshine  - June 1, 2012 - June 14, 2012
    Decima!

Congratulations Decima! Yet another Win under your belt, your Entry really suited the task well and I'm sure all of our Sims will love to spend their Summers there! You can see Decima's Entry here and download it here.

Decima's Comment:

"Thanks to everyone who voted and took part in the contest!  It's a shame there were so few entries this time round as it was a really good challenge! I hope a few of you got the Wham - Club Tropicana reference, I had the song in my head the entire time I was building so I was probably 'channelling' the feel of the song into my build.  My favourite part of the build was having a great excuse to do a 'water slide'! My least favourite was probably the toilets, toilets just aren't fun, in my opinion.

When I first entered a contest I came joint last and never really saw myself winning any.   So thank you everyone for inspiring me, teaching me, and generally being great Simmers!

Thanks again! Decima "

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2012, 01:49:22 PM »
Building Contest 2012: 12 - Luxurious Lifestyle  - June 16, 2012 - June 29, 2012
    Ausette!

Congratulations Ausette!  Every entry you build just continues to be in that top few, most often than not - the top entry! The SS Simoleon is just so imaginative and captures the brief fantastically! You can see Ausette's Entry here and download it here.

Ausette's Comment:

"Wow, this contest was really hard to budget for! I'm in awe of all the entrants who built actual mansions for 100,000 simoleons. My first attempt went over the price limit very quickly, so after that I had to sit down and think about how to build something cheaper. My first instinct was to downsize, but how could I build in a cramped little space while still maintaining an air of luxury? It didn't take long before the rooms I was building began to look like rooms in a boat. I ran with that idea and I had such a great time building and taking screenshots for the contest. Thanks to all who voted, and great job to all who participated!"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2012, 10:34:41 AM »

Building Contest 2012: 13 - Childhood Dreams - June 30, 2012 - July 13, 2012
    Ladybug53!

Congratulations Ladybug! With such an imaginative and well built entry it's no surprise you won, your first win in the Contests! Your playground is perfect for our Sim Children to visit! You can see Ladybug53's Entry here and download it here.

Ladybug53's Comment:

"I would like to thank everyone who supported me in this most amazing contest. I really enjoyed doing it. It was one of my favorites. Just thinking as a child would was exciting alone . Trying to do something through a child's eye was the most fun and also challenging part. It was my most fun project so far. Great contest samoht04!

I would also like to congratulate all the other entrants for their great work. They were all great entries. I enjoyed them all. Keep up the great work !"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2012, 06:13:22 PM »
Building Contest 2012: 14 - An Olympic Starter - July 13, 2012 - July 26, 2012
    Ausette!

Congratulations Ausette! An entry worthy of the Gold Medal! It's perfect for the sporting enthusiast! You can see Ausette's Entry here and download it here.

Ausette's Comment:

"I love starter home contests! They're so fun to build for, and the competition is always fantastic. It was great seeing how everyone worked sports and the Olympic Games into their entries. I had a few technical issues and some trouble with the budget, but after that it was pretty much a game of "Hurry-up-and-finish-the-build-before-someone-else-comes-up-with-the-Olympic-Rings-idea". Congrats to all the participants, and enjoy the rest of the Olympic Games!"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2012, 05:21:44 AM »
Building Contest 2012: 15 - The Ultimate Venue - July 27, 2012 - August 10, 2012
    Micler!

Congratulations Micler! A Venue worthy of any Olympic Park, a place where Olympic Dreams can come true! You can see Micler's Entry here and download it here.

Micler's Comment:

"Thank you to everyone who voted! This contest was really fun. I watched a lot of the swimming competitions during the olympics, and so when I saw the contest I knew which venue I would build! The budget was quite challenging for this one. I was envisioning an entire olympic village complex, but I had to scale it back to just an aquatic centre. It was surprising that only Ladybug53 and I entered this one. Congratulations to her and her fantastic equestrian centre! Thanks again to everyone who voted, and to samoht04 and Lilygirl for hosting these great building contests!"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2012, 05:40:26 AM »
Building Contest 2012: 16 - A New Inn - August 12, 2012 - August 25, 2012
    Neashaleigh!

Congratulations Neashaleigh! Such a unique idea to create a travelling tavern! You can see Neashaleigh's Entry here and download it here.

Neashaleigh's Comment:

"Wow I'm really chuffed about winning this competition, especially since I'm up against some really great builders! I first saw the idea of a caravan from someone else, although hers was just a tiny little thing for decoration. I then made a proper livable caravan, and the "inn" was the logical extension to that. I may even make a whole traveling series just for fun! The idea of living in a caravan and traveling the countryside is appealing because you get to see so much! It's just unfortunate that gypsies in real life have such a bad reputation. But Gypsy Sims would be kinda cool, and if EA ever brought them out, at least I know I could make them a home

Thanks again! I'm just so happy that people voted for my entry! It really made my day when I saw it."

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2012, 12:09:42 PM »
Building Contest 2012-Long, July-August: Mr. Most Desirable … Agent? - July 4, 2012 - August 28, 2012
    Team SPITSORE - Decima, Ricalynn and Schipperke!

Congratulations Team SPITSORE! Steel's Private Investigation Team will definitely be great at Stamping Out Rottenness Everywhere from the base in this great entry! You can see SPITSORE's Entry here and download it here.

Team SPITSORE's Comment:

"Decima: First off we'd like to thank everyone who voted for us!  I was in charge of landscaping and the fishing hut and I bossed the other two around a little bit  .   ;D
Schipperke: I never thought you were bossy!
Rica: It was more like you just made sure we got everything done. 
Decima: Well our personalities all worked well with each others. I think it was the fact that we all get along so well that made all the difference, I couldn't have chosen better team mates.
Schipperke: To be honest, I never expected to win a building contest and I think the only reason I did was being partnered with these two.  I had the easiest part which was the inside and didn't seem like an important part of the renovation.
Rica: Which is nonsense because she was the one who made sure Chris's touch was all over the inside of the house.  She also gave me the idea for how to write up the entry post.   Not to mention she came up with half of our name while Decima did the other half.  I just put glue between SPIT & SORE to make it SPITSORE.
Decima: I had the least expansions so I got to go first and then pass the baton.  Rica was last with the tomb.
Rica: Which was frightening as I had to learn how to do it and hope I did it right without embarrassing my teammates.   I was constantly sending them messages with pictures and asking what they thought.   Even though I filled out the basement, without these two it probably wouldn't have been so detailed.
Decima: You didn't embarrass anyone! I like how we all chipped in with ideas and helped each other out.
Schipperke: We shared everything, even the cold germs.  ::) "

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2012, 04:43:30 AM »
Building Contest 2012: 17 - Lothario's Loft - August 26, 2012 - September 8, 2012
    Ausette!

Congratulations Ausette! Your tribute to Don Lothario's Sims 2 House went down very well and was very well done! You can see Ausette's Entry here and download it here.

Ausette's Comment:

"I really enjoyed this contest! Back when I had The Sims 2 I played Don's household quite a bit, so when it came to building a house for him my mind kept jumping to the little white townhouse he had in Pleasantview. I tried to make my entry close enough to that townhouse to be nostalgic, but different enough to feel like my own work. Congrats to Neashaleigh and ladybug53 for building such beautiful highrise apartments!"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2012, 10:55:55 AM »
Building Contest 2012-Long, September: Occult Hangout - September 1, 2012 - September 28, 2012
    ArianaJade!

Congratulations Ariana! Despite being the only entry in the Contest it was still a fantasic entry ! You can see Ariana's Entry here and download it here.

Ariana's Comment:

"I really enjoyed building this. Normally I hate doing community lots but it was a lot of fun trying to capture the essence of each supernatural type I did a room for. Some of them I had an idea in my head before I started, others I just went with the flow and I had no idea how they were going to turn out at the end. I wish I'd had more time to do landscaping and work on the connecting corridors though. It was my first building contest though and I'm pretty much a building beginner so I'm still proud of it.

Thanks Lilygirl! I really wish more people had entered!"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2012, 01:04:55 PM »
Building Contest 2012: 18 - Fairy Forest  - September 9, 2012 - September 22, 2012
    Gogowars329, Chuckles_82, Decima and Neashaleigh!

Congratulations Gogowars329, Chuckles_82, Decima and Neashaleigh! A four way tie, a first for the Contests and all very deserving winners! You can see Gogowars329's Entry Here, Neashaleigh's Entry Here, Decima's Entry Here and Chuckles_82's Entry Here.

Top Left: Gogowars329, Top Right: Neashaleigh, Bottom Left: Chuckles_82, Bottom Right: Decima

Neashaleigh's Comment:

"Thanks to all who voted for my creation, and congratulations on the other winners. It was great to see so many people entering and it was tough to choose 3 of my favourites. I really enjoyed making this build. It was a lot of fun. I've always loved gardens and parks and feel very inspired to create those types of builds. Thanks to all!"

Gogowars329's Comment:

"I'd first like to thank everyone who voted for me and to samoht and Lilygirl for putting time into creating these great contests. I love entering in them whenever I have some time. I'd also like to congratulate everyone who entered and to Chuckles, Neasaleigh and Decima for winning.

When I saw the contest I immediately knew I had to enter. Fairies (oddly enough) were pretty much the only Supernatural I had been playing at the time. When I was building, I just went with whatever I thought of but now that I look back, I probably should've added a butterfly spawner. "

Decima's Comment:

"Everyone's was so good I'm not surprised there was a tie! Thank you everyone who took part and everyone who voted. Decima"

Chuckles_82's Comment:

"Thankyou to everyone who voted for me, and congratulations to the other winners as well. When I posted my fairy forest I was confident that I had a winner, but then other entries flooded in that were just as good, so a four-way tie was very fitting! As a child I read many, many fairy stories, so when I saw the contest pop up, ideas flooded into my head, and I simply had to participate, even though I haven't entered the building contest all year. I think I'd have to say thankyou to Enid Blyton for all the wonderful imagery, and for giving me such a beautiful fairy world as a child. The main thing I was happy with was that I have really improved my landscaping - especially the terrain painting."

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2012, 12:22:39 PM »
Building Contest 2012: 19 - Decades of Decor - September 23, 2012 - October 6, 2012
    Micler!

Congratulations Micler! What a fantastic house showcasing the many distinct decades you chose. You can see Micler's Entry here and download it here.

Micler's Comment:

"Thank you to everyone who voted for my entry! This was one of the best contests we've had so far. It was a lot of fun! For the exterior, I decided to go with a very typical postwar american style. The 1950's gave me the idea for a bathroom with pink fixtures and black and white tile floor. For the kitchen, I thought of the favourite appliance colour from the 1960's; avocado! My main inspiration for the living room was the orange plush carpet and wood panelling of the 70's! A dance floor, disco ball, and floral-print sofa completed the look. Old television shows gave me the idea for single beds in the conservative, pastel coloured master bedroom. I designed the teen bedroom in a 1980's style. Vibrant colours, animal prints, records, and big hair were my inspiration.

Congratulations to ladybug53 and intl_incident for their great entries! Thanks to samoht04 and Lilygirl for hosting these building contests, and thanks again to everyone who voted! :) "

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2012, 04:28:34 PM »
Building Contest 2012: 20 - A Witch's Tower - October 7, 2012 - October 20, 2012
    intl_incident and samoht04!

Congratulations intl_incident and samoht04! It's a tie for first place with two Witch Towers! You can see intl_incident's Entry here and download it here. You can see samoht04's Entry here and download it here.

intl_incident's Entry
samoht04's Entry

intl_incident's Comment:

"Thanks everyone who voted for me.  There were so many awesome entries this time that I'm surprised to come out tied for the top.  (Especially samoht04's! His roof is really cool.)  I have to say, this build was a lot of fun, and the inspiration came pretty easily.  I sat down and put it together in a single evening, which is really unusual for me.  I hadn't had much of a chance to play with Supernatural yet, so it was fun finding all of the new items to place.  The exterior was probably inspired by my teenage Dungeons and Dragons days ... seems like there were always pictures of towers on isolated peaks, with waterfalls, in the manuals.  Congratulations to everyone who entered, and thanks to the moderators for putting together such a fun contest."

samoht04's Comment:

"Thank you to all who voted for my entry! I had a lot of fun building it which surprised me due to my lack of interest in building lately but this got through to me. The tower just came to mind randomly really, I often read fantasy books and visualise towers like these and it just sort of appeared on the empt lot in front of me. This is my second version of the tower and my first version was better in my opinion but of course the game just had to crash! I think what I liked most about this tower was building something that looked grand and gothic but on a small scale, my previous attempts have been on a big scale and never pulled off. So thank you to everyone who voted and big congrats to intl_incident on coming joint first as well! Everyone did such a great job and when the contest was set I was expecting some similarities in the entries but no - each one was brilliant in such unique ways! Well done to everyone!"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2012, 03:03:31 PM »
Building Contest 2012: 21 - Zombie Defence - October 22, 2012 - November 4, 2012
    SassySimmer and Ausette!

Congratulations SassySimmer and Ausette! Zombie Defence was the task and defending against zombies, is what those entries are perfect for  ! You can see SassySimmers's Entry here and download it here. You can see Ausette's Entry here and download it here.

SassySimmer's Entry
Ausette's Entry

SassySimmer's Comment:

"First off congratulations to Ausette!!  I would like to thank everyone who voted for me (can't believe I won one, very happy!!).  I love participating in the building contests and for this one my idea came straight away.  I loved everyone's build and I am just honored that you voted for my build, so thanks again!"

Ausette's Comment:

"Congratulations to SassySimmer and all the other competitors! I loved how everyone had such a different take on how to zombie-proof a building. For me, the hardest part was deciding on the size of the house - too small and it wouldn't be practical for seven Sims, but too big and it would stick out to the zombies like a sore thumb. I had such a fun time entering the contests again, and it was great to see everyone getting into the Halloween spirit!"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2012, 04:51:14 PM »
Building Contest 2012: 22 - Rabbitholes Revealed - November 5, 2012 - November 18, 2012
    Katie123urgreat!

Congratulations Katie! Your entry was exactly how you'd imagine the interior of Divisadero Budget Books to look! You can see Katie's Entry here and download it here.

Katie123urgreat's Comment:

"Wow, I wasn't expecting this, that's for sure! Firstly, I'd like to congratulate all of the other competitors, your entries were all worthy of winning. I could feel the vibe for each of them, and immediately knew what building you were trying to portray. Secondly, I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me, it means a lot! And thirdly, I would like to thank Tom and Lily for taking your time to make others feel like they are a part of this community.

The moment I saw this contest, I knew I had to try out this one. This was my first time entering in one of the forum's many building contests, so I felt even more enthusiastic about it.  Even though my knowledge on community lots wasn't that great, I still enjoyed this contest. I got to learn new things, improve my building skills and of course have fun! "

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2012, 07:07:24 AM »
Building Contest 2012: 23 - Autumnal Abode - November 19, 2012 - December 02, 2012
    intl_incident!

Congratulations intl_incident! Your entry was so warm and inviting, a perfect autumnal dream! You can see intl_incident's Entry here and download it here.

intl_incident's Comment:

"Wow, what a surprise, considering how many wonderful entries there were this round.  Fall is my favorite season of the year, and I love the colors that go with it.  So it was really fun to try to stick to the color scheme, and I loved seeing how everyone else interpreted "autumn."  Every time I saw someone else's entry I saw so many great ideas, like the hay bales and pumpkins, or the chinchilla painting I can never find a place for.  :) So many pretty houses!  It's a real honor to have mine chosen as the winner.  Thanks to all who voted for me!"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2013, 05:03:47 PM »
Building Contest 2012: 24 - A Winter Special Contest - December 1, 2012 - December 28, 2012
    Saltpastillen!

Congratulations to Saltpastillen! You can download the winning entry here: X-mas X-travaganza .

Saltpastillen's Comment:

"I'm so happy to have won a contest! There were many great entries and I was very nervous awaiting the results. Since I always try to make up a story about who will live in each house I build, this contest made my job easier. Before I even started building I made long lists and wrote copious notes about the sims traits and what needs and wishes they would probably have. Building only with the base game was difficult, since many things I wanted to use wasn't available but I managed to pull it of anyway.
My favorite parts of the house is Alfred's suite and the back yard, especially the pond and the fire pit area. As soon as I turned in my entry I realized I might have gone overboard with the Christmas theme inside, but I had so much fun decorating I hoped the judges and the people who voted might enjoy the house's festive spirit. And I'm kicking myself for not putting in other seasonal decorations, but there just wasn't room for it in the budget. "

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2013, 05:06:51 PM »
Building Contest 2013: 1 - Suspicious Survivors and Transformed Townies - January 13, 2013 - January 26, 2013
    Vinyl!

Congratulations to Vinyl! You can download the winning entry here: Home Sweet Stronghold .

Vinyl's Comment:

"Thanks to everyone who voted for my entry, and thanks to Lilygirl, Ausette, and samoht04 for putting the contests together.  I've been following the contests for a while now with great interest. The variety of the challenges and the creativity of the entries are very inspiring, and this one was no exception - the other entries are all excellent!

When I saw the description for this contest I knew it was time to dive right in.  I couldn't resist the idea of using traps to create a secret security system, even though I'd never worked with them before.  Initially they were baffling, but after reading a few guides everything fell into place, and it was an absolute blast designing and placing surprises throughout the house.  Decorating for specific residents also turned out to be really fun, and helped inspire a lot of ideas - hiding weapons all over the place for Erin was my favourite part of the build!

Thanks again to everyone who voted and participated!"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2013, 05:49:19 AM »
Building Contest 2013: 2 - The Eco Dream - January 27, 2013 - February 9, 2013
    Chuckles_82 and Decima!

Congratulations to Chuckles and Decima! You can download the winning entries here: Chuckles_82: Evergreen Lifestyle and Decima: Sherwood Treetops.

Decima's Comment:

"Thanks everyone for another great building contest. I was really pleased to see so many people taking part. I'd wanted to build a tree house for ages but didn't 'get around' to it, but when I saw this contest I figured now was the time! Well done to Chuckles for a great build, and thanks to the mods who organise the contests."

Chuckles_82's Comment:

"Wow, thank you to everyone who voted for me! I was very excited about this building contest, and immediately researched ideas for green living. I've always been interested in a self-sustained lifestyle that is in harmony with the environment, but these days plastic packaging and non-recyclable materials are practically rammed down our throats. I've seen building programs on TV showing the development of such houses, and so used some of the ideas from that as well. In a way I had clashing ideas - natural and recycled vs clean and sharp modern. I think the colours of the materials may have clashed a bit too much. On my second version of the build I've given it warmer colours that blended better, and given it a warm atmosphere. I especially liked my companion planted garden - I did actually look that up - my grey water/rain water system, and my 'steam shower' made from hygienators. Congratulations to everyone else, too, because there were some very interesting and innovative ideas out there!"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2013, 05:18:16 AM »

Building Contest 2013: 3 - Valentine's Venues - February 10, 2013 - February 23, 2013
    Decima!

Congratulations to Decima! You can download the winning entry here: Sunset Beach .

Decima's Comment:

"Thanks everyone for another great contest! BIG thanks to the mods for running it, and everyone who entered and voted.

When I first saw the contest I was a bit miffed as I'd already built the wedding chapel that I posted to the swap shop, so felt a bit 'out of ideas'. Then I was playing the game and saw that the beach in Sunset Valley was a bit boring for such an amazing location, so decided to re-do it. I worried it wasn't 'red and pink' enough but I was very happy with the result. Thanks again and I hope those who have downloaded it enjoy it!"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2013, 05:47:16 PM »
Building Contest 2013: 4 - Extreme Minimalistic Starter - February 24, 2013 - March 9, 2013
    Chuckles_82 and Decima!

Congratulations to Chuckles and Decima! You can download the winning entries here: Chuckles_82: Singular Efficiency and Decima: Caravan Starter.

Decima's Comment:

"Thanks for voting everyone and well done to Chuckles in particular! It was so great to see to many entrants into this contest, I hope everyone enjoyed it and are spurred on to enter more often. I don't usually build small, so it was a challenge which I greatly enjoyed. Well done to everyone and good luck for your next builds! Decima "

Chuckles_82's Comment:

"Wow! I was totally not expecting this! I guess I should not rely on the download counts of entries to gauge interest. There were so many entries, which was really exciting. Minimalist is one of my favourite styles. Thank you Thomas and Lilygirl for such an interesting contest, and to all the voters!"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2013, 02:01:13 PM »
Building Contest 2013: 5 - Larger than Life - March 10, 2013 - March 23, 2013
    Saltpastillen!

Congratulations to Saltpastillen! You can download the winning entry here: Chateau de Toy Box .

Saltpastillen's Comment:

"Yippie, I won! There were so many excellent entries, I'm honored that I got your votes! I was positively giddy to enter this contest. After realizing my limitations when it comes to building I decided to choose between objects that had a somewhat rectangular shape and settled on my favorite toy box. The wall stencils from Seasons and the Quaintessensial Spark lights in addition to lots of Central Air Wents helped me recreate the exterior to my satisfaction. Then I just added most things a growing family would need. A toy box has to be kid friendly after all!"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2013, 04:32:13 AM »
Building Contest 2013: 6 - Dream Dormitories - March 24, 2013 - April 6, 2013
    Saltpastillen!

Congratulations to Saltpastillen! You can download the winning entry here: The Key 2 Knowledge Dormitory Complex .

Saltpastillen's Comment:

"I'm blown away to win this contest. There were so many exciting and interesting builds, I think all the entries were great. I had so big plans for this challenge, but with the limited funds this was the compromise I arrived at where I could use as many University items as possible. Realizing I could use the roofs as extra rooms was what really made it come together. The rooftop party area was inspired by my own dorm in University. The greatest parties were always held on the roof."

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2013, 04:01:31 PM »
Building Contest 2013: 7 - Market Mayham - April 7, 2013 - April 10, 2013
    RaiaDraconis!

Congratulations to RaiaDraconis! You can download the winning entry here: Cherry Hill Marketplace.

RaiaDraconis's Comment:

"Wow. I am absolutely blown away by this. There were so many amazing entries, and everyone had such fun and diverse ways of meeting the challenge. Thank you so much—I am truly honored!

I tried to give the venue a sort of renaissance faire feel to it. I've always loved the ambiance in places like that, plenty of places to shop and plenty of space to enjoy the outdoors with family and friends. The lot size constraint proved to be my biggest hurdle. I wanted to add so much more (namely topography), but in the end simplicity was the key, and overall I'm very pleased with how it turned out. Many thanks to LilyGirl, Ausette, and samoht04 for coming up with such an enjoyable challenge!"

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2013, 03:16:10 PM »
Building Contest 2013: 8 - Beautiful Bases - April 21, 2013 - May 4, 2013
    Chuckles_82 and Vinyl!

Congratulations to both Chuckles and Vinyl! You can download the winning entries here: Chuckles_82's Cubeacious and Vinyl's La Ficelle Jaune.

Chuckles_82's Comment:

"Firstly thank you to Lilygirl, Thomas, and Ausette for such an interesting contest - the budget is indeed becoming very challenging! Secondly, congratulations to Vinyl, and all the other contestants for such talented and amazing builds that all fit perfectly into their surroundings. I had a very clear idea about what I wanted to build for this contest - I had been working on a sci-fi project, and I had the structure clearly in my head before I even started, and a good-to-go colour scheme. My favourite area was the living area. If I could use store content, I would spruce up the garden a bit with a few plants from Lucky Palms. I was very excited to win, especially when there were so many talented builds. "

Vinyl's Comment:

"The entries were all spectacular and so very diverse!  I've got base camps for every world (and then some) thanks to all the creative builders who entered.  Thanks go to Lilygirl, Samoht04, and Ausette for running this contest and improving the future travels of all of my sims!

The lack of gourmet cooking in Champs Les Sims always surprised me.  It was great fun creating a base camp to change that!  Once I had the idea, it was a challenge to fit in the skilling objects while trying to find enough room in the budget for decent furnishings.  It was a lot of fun trying to build in a style that matched the rest of the vacation world and I'm pleased with the end result.  Hopefully other player's sims enjoy visiting it as much as mine do!"

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2013, 11:09:29 AM »
Building Contest 2013: 9 - A Gem of a Victorian - May 5, 2013 - May 18, 2013
    Ladybug53

Congratulations to Ladybug53 for winning the building contest! You can download the winning entry here: Rosebud.

Ladybug53's Comment:

"I would like to thank samoht04 , Lilygirl and Ausette for giving us such a challenging and fun contest . I love a good challenge and this one was perfectly challenging for me . I had great fun working on my entry .  A good challenge always helps me to become more creative . I love Victorian houses as they're full of character . I've had the name Rosebud on my mind for a while and this Victorian house was perfect for it . I would also like to congratulate all entrants for their amazing work ."

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2013, 06:04:02 PM »
Building Contest 2013: 10 - Swanky Starters - May 19, 2013 - June 1, 2013
    Decima!

Congratulations to Decima for winning the building contest! You can download the winning entry here: Beach Hut Starter.

Decima's Comment:

"Thanks everyone for another great contest. This one really interested me as it looked like quite a challenge to find a way to make a starter luxurious. I sat and thought for ages on how to make my entry 'different' before building.

Big thank you to everyone who voted and the mods for continuing to make the contests so fun!"

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2013, 06:56:43 AM »
Building Contest 2013: 11 - Dynasty Designs - June 02, 2013 - June 15, 2013
    Ricalynn!

Congratulations to Ricalynn for winning the building contest! You can download the winning entry here: The Bridge / Dynasty Underground.

Ricalynn's Comment:

"Really? I won?  Guess all that practice in my dynasty files finally paid off!  I kid. Thank you to all those that voted for me.  Everyone who participated did a great job on their homes, congratulations.

I've been doing dynasty builds for as long as I've been a member of the forum, just usually for actual dynasties.  When I saw this contest posted, I knew I had to do a build for it and I knew I'd never hear the end of it if I didn't.  Then I got distracted by actually starting and finishing a life states dynasty within the contest time frame.  A friend who knew what I was doing told me to build a bridge for the actual dynasty.  I fell in love with it and knew I had to build another one for the contest. He agreed and told me to get to it. That and I just knew I had to share my new found passion for troll holes retirement pods. "

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2013, 09:33:39 AM »
Building Contest 2013: 12 - Steampunk Structures - June 16, 2013 - June 29, 2013
    Gulliver the Cat!

Congratulations to Gulliver the Cat! for winning the building contest! You can download the winning entry here: The Inventor's Retreat.

Gulliver the Cat!'s Comment:

"First of all, thanks to all who make these contests possible! Secondly, congratulations to all who participated with their amazing homes! I didn't know much about Steampunk until I entered this contest and I really enjoyed learning about it and the challenge of building a house based on it."

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2013, 07:45:23 AM »
Building Contest 2013: 13 - The Mermaid Cove - June 30, 2013 - July 13, 2013
    Gogowars329!

Congratulations to Gogowars329! for winning the building contest! You can download the winning entry here: The Coral Bungalow.

Gogowar329's Comment:

"Firstly, I'd like to thanks Ausette, Lilygirl and samoht for another great contest and congratulations to intl_incident and ladybug for creating such great builds. I thought that I'd actually be coming third!

For some reason, the contests that involve different life-states even though I very rarely play Sims that aren't human... I straight away had a vague idea that involved that horrible island out the back. It took me at least double the time to get the island looking right then the rest of the house. I also tried to use a lot of coral and other colours from the sea throughout the house and tried to have something water (e.g. fountain) in every room."

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2013, 05:00:47 AM »
Building Contest 2013: 14 - A Craftsman Renovation - June 30, 2013 - July 13, 2013
    intl-incident!

Congratulations to intl-incident! for winning the building contest! You can download the winning entry here: Kinder Kraftsman.

intl-incident's Comment:

"[statement to come]"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2013, 06:14:52 AM »
Building Contest 2013: 15 - Towers and Palaces - July 28, 2013 - August 10, 2013
    Vinyl!

Congratulations to Vinyl! for winning the building contest! You can download the winning entry here: Drifting Tower.

Vinyl's Comment:

"[statement to come]"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2013, 06:49:44 AM »
Building Contest 2013: 16 - Converted Containers - August 11, 2013 - August 24, 2013
    Arefa!

Congratulations to Arefa! for winning the building contest! You can download the winning entry here: Jenga! .

Arefa's Comment:

"[First off, I'd like to thank the building team for coming up with such interesting contests that really challenge our creativity.  Secondly, excellent job to everyone else who participated in this contest.  We have so many great builders on this forum.

As to where my idea came from... When I first started to research this contest, with each passing picture, I couldn't help but think of the tower game Jenga.  So, I got out my Jenga blocks and started stacking them up until I found something that not only balanced, but also looked good too.  I went through many iterations of the shell before I got something I really liked.  But I have to say, it was quite fun stacking up those blocks!  As for the interior, all that fell into place once the exterior was complete.  It was really neat looking through the buy mode catalog with a different eye, as if I was actually going to recycle the items I placed. 

Thanks to everyone who voted for my Jenga house!  I'm thrilled to see others enjoyed it too!
]"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2013, 04:06:11 PM »
Building Contest 2013: 17 - Birthday Special - August 25, 2013 - September 21, 2013
    Arefa!

Congratulations to Arefa! for winning the building contest! You can download the winning entry here: Party in the Park.

Congratulations to Gogowars329 and Neashaleigh, the two runner's up for this Birthday Special! You can see Gogo's entry, UC Compilation Park here and Neashaleigh's entry Party Beach here.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2013, 04:06:39 PM »
Building Contest 2013: 18 - Glorious Googie - September 8, 2013 - September 21, 2013
    Ladybug53!

Congratulations to Ladybug53! for winning the building contest! You can download the winning entry here: Route 66.

Ladybug53's Comment:

"[Statement to Come]"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2013, 06:05:26 AM »
Building Contest 2013: 19 - Setting the Scene - September 29, 2013 - October 12, 2013
    mandamouse123!

Congratulations to mandamouse123! for winning the building contest! You can download the winning entry here: How I Met Your Mother.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2013, 06:07:11 AM »
Building Contest 2013: 20 - Wild West - 13 October, 2013 - 26 October, 2013
    Snufflesxx!

Congratulations to Snufflesxx! for winning the building contest! You can download the winning entry here: The Sheriff's Office.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2013, 06:10:05 AM »
Building Contest 2013: 21 - Halloween Hotspots - 27 October, 2013 - 9 November, 2013
    PrincessMimi!

Congratulations to PrincessMimi! for winning the building contest! You can download the winning entry here: Booville.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2013, 06:12:37 AM »
Building Contest 2013: 22 - Metabolist Movement - 11 November, 2013 - 24 November, 2013
    ________

Congratulations to ________! for winning the building contest! You can download the winning entry here: _____.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2013, 06:13:30 AM »
Building Contest 2013: 23 - Familiar Flatmates - 24 November, 2013 - 7 December, 2013
    ________

Congratulations to ________! for winning the building contest! You can download the winning entry here: _____.