Author Topic: Building Contest Winners  (Read 20548 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Building Contest Winners
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2013, 06:56:43 AM »
Building Contest 2013: 11 - Dynasty Designs - June 02, 2013 - June 15, 2013
    Ricalynn!

Congratulations to Ricalynn for winning the building contest! You can download the winning entry here: The Bridge / Dynasty Underground.

Ricalynn's Comment:

"Really? I won?  Guess all that practice in my dynasty files finally paid off!  I kid. Thank you to all those that voted for me.  Everyone who participated did a great job on their homes, congratulations.

I've been doing dynasty builds for as long as I've been a member of the forum, just usually for actual dynasties.  When I saw this contest posted, I knew I had to do a build for it and I knew I'd never hear the end of it if I didn't.  Then I got distracted by actually starting and finishing a life states dynasty within the contest time frame.  A friend who knew what I was doing told me to build a bridge for the actual dynasty.  I fell in love with it and knew I had to build another one for the contest. He agreed and told me to get to it. That and I just knew I had to share my new found passion for troll holes retirement pods. "
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2013, 09:33:39 AM »
Building Contest 2013: 12 - Steampunk Structures - June 16, 2013 - June 29, 2013
    Gulliver the Cat!

Congratulations to Gulliver the Cat! for winning the building contest! You can download the winning entry here: The Inventor's Retreat.

Gulliver the Cat!'s Comment:

"First of all, thanks to all who make these contests possible! Secondly, congratulations to all who participated with their amazing homes! I didn't know much about Steampunk until I entered this contest and I really enjoyed learning about it and the challenge of building a house based on it."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2013, 07:45:23 AM »
Building Contest 2013: 13 - The Mermaid Cove - June 30, 2013 - July 13, 2013
    Gogowars329!

Congratulations to Gogowars329! for winning the building contest! You can download the winning entry here: The Coral Bungalow.

Gogowar329's Comment:

"Firstly, I'd like to thanks Ausette, Lilygirl and samoht for another great contest and congratulations to intl_incident and ladybug for creating such great builds. I thought that I'd actually be coming third!

For some reason, the contests that involve different life-states even though I very rarely play Sims that aren't human... I straight away had a vague idea that involved that horrible island out the back. It took me at least double the time to get the island looking right then the rest of the house. I also tried to use a lot of coral and other colours from the sea throughout the house and tried to have something water (e.g. fountain) in every room."

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2013, 05:00:47 AM »
Building Contest 2013: 14 - A Craftsman Renovation - June 30, 2013 - July 13, 2013
    intl-incident!

Congratulations to intl-incident! for winning the building contest! You can download the winning entry here: Kinder Kraftsman.

intl-incident's Comment:

"[statement to come]"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2013, 06:14:52 AM »
Building Contest 2013: 15 - Towers and Palaces - July 28, 2013 - August 10, 2013
    Vinyl!

Congratulations to Vinyl! for winning the building contest! You can download the winning entry here: Drifting Tower.

Vinyl's Comment:

"[statement to come]"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2013, 06:49:44 AM »
Building Contest 2013: 16 - Converted Containers - August 11, 2013 - August 24, 2013
    Arefa!

Congratulations to Arefa! for winning the building contest! You can download the winning entry here: Jenga! .

Arefa's Comment:

"[First off, I'd like to thank the building team for coming up with such interesting contests that really challenge our creativity.  Secondly, excellent job to everyone else who participated in this contest.  We have so many great builders on this forum.

As to where my idea came from... When I first started to research this contest, with each passing picture, I couldn't help but think of the tower game Jenga.  So, I got out my Jenga blocks and started stacking them up until I found something that not only balanced, but also looked good too.  I went through many iterations of the shell before I got something I really liked.  But I have to say, it was quite fun stacking up those blocks!  As for the interior, all that fell into place once the exterior was complete.  It was really neat looking through the buy mode catalog with a different eye, as if I was actually going to recycle the items I placed. 

Thanks to everyone who voted for my Jenga house!  I'm thrilled to see others enjoyed it too!
]"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2013, 04:06:11 PM »
Building Contest 2013: 17 - Birthday Special - August 25, 2013 - September 21, 2013
    Arefa!

Congratulations to Arefa! for winning the building contest! You can download the winning entry here: Party in the Park.

Congratulations to Gogowars329 and Neashaleigh, the two runner's up for this Birthday Special! You can see Gogo's entry, UC Compilation Park here and Neashaleigh's entry Party Beach here.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2013, 04:06:39 PM »
Building Contest 2013: 18 - Glorious Googie - September 8, 2013 - September 21, 2013
    Ladybug53!

Congratulations to Ladybug53! for winning the building contest! You can download the winning entry here: Route 66.

Ladybug53's Comment:

"[Statement to Come]"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2013, 06:05:26 AM »
Building Contest 2013: 19 - Setting the Scene - September 29, 2013 - October 12, 2013
    mandamouse123!

Congratulations to mandamouse123! for winning the building contest! You can download the winning entry here: How I Met Your Mother.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2013, 06:07:11 AM »
Building Contest 2013: 20 - Wild West - 13 October, 2013 - 26 October, 2013
    Snufflesxx!

Congratulations to Snufflesxx! for winning the building contest! You can download the winning entry here: The Sheriff's Office.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2013, 06:10:05 AM »
Building Contest 2013: 21 - Halloween Hotspots - 27 October, 2013 - 9 November, 2013
    PrincessMimi!

Congratulations to PrincessMimi! for winning the building contest! You can download the winning entry here: Booville.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2013, 06:12:37 AM »
Building Contest 2013: 22 - Metabolist Movement - 11 November, 2013 - 24 November, 2013
    ________

Congratulations to ________! for winning the building contest! You can download the winning entry here: _____.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2013, 06:13:30 AM »
Building Contest 2013: 23 - Familiar Flatmates - 24 November, 2013 - 7 December, 2013
    ________

Congratulations to ________! for winning the building contest! You can download the winning entry here: _____.

anything