Poll

There are a lot of odd and unique ways to make money in the Sims 3. What way has worked well for your Sims?

Hacking - Nightly forays into the internet underworld plundering other Sims' cash
58 (26.1%)
Kleptomania - "Nice lamp, I think I'll take it!"
90 (40.5%)
Gold Digger - Get enough to live on, cuz once you snag a sucker you're set for life.
32 (14.4%)
Mooching - "Can I have 200 Simoleons, Sim I just met?"
7 (3.2%)
Solving the Unsolvable - Surviving on mental power alone
10 (4.5%)
Finding Stars - Mapping the Galaxy for Fun and Profit
25 (11.3%)

Total Members Voted: 162

Author Topic: Favorite Offbeat Way to Make Money in The Sims 3  (Read 65930 times)

Offline Kaye

• Kooky, Cutie, KIRBY!!!!
  • Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: Favorite Offbeat Way to Make Money in The Sims 3
« Reply #135 on: June 13, 2014, 09:24:11 PM »
I recently started doing a Rags to Riches challenge, and my favorite way for my sim to make money is selling produce harvested at the community garden and flowers picked. Not the most lucrative, but it keeps her alive.
The outside is quiet, but the inside is on full blast.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel
Cherry Blossom Daycare Center

Offline JodySuzanne1305

• Occult
Favorite Offbeat Way to Make Money in The Sims 3
« Reply #136 on: June 14, 2014, 12:51:45 AM »
If I want a sim to start off in a nice home, I merge them with a very rich family and them have the move out as the active household. They use the original tenants funds to buy the new house and take the rest of the money with them to the new house!

Also, if you Move a house onto a new lot, the price resets to usually under 2000 simoleons. You can move giant houses and then buy them cheap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

McHazy

« Reply #137 on: July 27, 2014, 01:50:54 PM »
I get my sims to go dumpster-diving and then sell what they find - they are treasure troves!

Offline MeestorMark

• Townie
« Reply #138 on: July 29, 2014, 05:12:33 PM »
My favorite off-beat way (and it isn't a speed way at all, but pretty steady once a family gets it going) of making sims money is...

Keeping the largest of deathfish caught and then breeding them in the large aquariums. I usually have 3-4 aquariums going so that regular feeding and cleaning doesn't get too crazy of a chore.

I have found having four fish in the tank seems to spawn the two new ones the quickest. When I have the sims do the feeding chore, I also have them click on "manage" option so I can see how many are in the tank. I remove any more than four from the tanks' inventory for sale; removing the smallest in weight as I want to breed them as large as possible.

You can do this with any kind of fish of course. It also certainly isn't one of the "fastest cash ever" strategies, but I do find it kind of a quirky and interesting way of no sims in the house actually needing a job. Lol.

Offline Rancom

• Nooboo
« Reply #139 on: August 04, 2014, 02:56:00 PM »
I also enjoy fishing as a way to make money in the Sims. It only takes a little bit of time for the skill to build up, and eventually you can be hauling in hundreds every day if you catch the right fish. Not a bad option as well, especially when paired with gardening, since the bait from the produce you grow aides in catching fish, early on.

MeestorMark--do you breed fish in an expansion pack, or is it possible to do in just regular old Sims? I play a console version--at least at the moment--and love the idea that you have. I find my unemployed Sims tend to be more boring, and would love to spruce up their lives.

Offline MeestorMark

• Townie
« Reply #140 on: August 04, 2014, 04:24:29 PM »
I think whatever EP that gave us the large aquariums is needed. Don't remember which one off the top of my head, but thinking Late Night. Also not totally sure if it came with the EP or with the patch that came with the EP, because I also think they sell some large aquariums in some of the EA store sets at thesims3.com.

Offline Rancom

• Nooboo
« Reply #141 on: August 08, 2014, 11:41:31 AM »
Ah, okay. Thank you!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sawadaWiz

• Llama Wrangler
  • Don't look at me
« Reply #142 on: August 14, 2014, 03:00:39 AM »
My favorite one is to max science skill and clone those plasma bugs. Too bad we cant clone sims for organ farming....

anything