Author Topic: Boss Not in Same Career as Employee?  (Read 2548 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Boss Not in Same Career as Employee?
« on: October 07, 2014, 11:29:36 PM »
Actually asking this on behalf of a friend, but whatever.

So she has some sims in her household, with one employed in professional sports and the other employed as a criminal.

Her athlete has the criminal as his boss in spite of them not holding the same job at all.

I wanted to give her an answer, but then I realized that I've never heard of this issue either. The only thing we could think of is that the household she's playing owns the criminal warehouse, but I've owned plenty of buildings without anything like this happening.

Has anyone seen something like this before?

EDIT: Two other things to note.

1. She's playing with Twallan's Story Progression.

2. This isn't in a combined rabbithole building.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Re: Boss Not in Same Career as Employee?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 06:01:59 AM »
I've had this happen a few times before. Once I had one sim working at the hospital and her husband was listed as her boss and he was self employed painter. But it made it handy if she wanted to try and ask for a raise and a promotion. :) But I've also had other similar ones also.
Not sure if it's the cause but I also used Twallan's Story Progression.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 12:12:16 PM »
Huh. Interesting.

She was scared that it could be indicative of worse things happening to her file, but from what you said, it sounds weird but harmless. Maybe I'll check back with her about it once either of them gets promoted or something.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 04:57:22 PM »
In these cases, did the household have a partial or full ownership of the rabbit hole where your sim worked?

I had that happen once, when I was playing the Landgraabs, and I also had NRaas Story Progression running.  I noticed that Geoffrey had Nancy as his boss, which made no sense because she was in the business career.  However, the household had purchased a partnership in the hospital. Since there were no sims higher than Geoffrey in the career, I figured that it just picked one of the owners that wasn't him to be his new boss.  Later on, I also noticed that Geoffrey was her boss when she was the highest in the business career and they also partly owned the Doo Peas towers.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 04:59:40 PM »
Yes, her house owned the criminal rabbithole in full. I tend to use Story Progression in games that don't require me to buy tons of real estate, so I never knew of that happening.

I guess I'll mention it to her next time we talk. :)