Author Topic: EA's fix to Demo Problems & New released Demo. (no issues so far)  (Read 3230 times)

VampirePlasma

EA's fix to Demo Problems & New released Demo. (no issues so far)
« on: September 27, 2011, 05:20:41 PM »
For those who are having problems with the Demo, and for others, EA has posted a solution, they are working on a permanent fix but this is it for now. If this isn't okay to post my apologies.

To protect your store content from appearing uninstalled, please follow these steps each time you launch the demo:
1. Navigate to your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\
2. Rename the “DCCache” folder to “DCCache.bak”
You can now play your demo without it affecting your store-bought content.
When you wish to run the full game with the store content, please follow these steps each time you launch the demo:
1. Navigate to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\
2. Delete the “DCCache” folder and rename “DCCache.bak” to “DCCache”
Now, if you’ve already downloaded the demo and your store content is missing, please follow these steps:
· If you’ve already run the demo and have not deleted your downloaded content, simply click the "Downloads" tab in your Launcher, select all and then press "Install". This will restore all of your store content.
· If you have deleted your downloads, you can also re-download from the store, free of charge.
o Go to: https://store.thesims3.com/myAccount.html
o Click on Puchase History and all the content they have bought or redeemed should be there.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: EA's fix to Demo Problems.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 05:38:08 PM »
Thanks for sharing that, VampirePlasma.  I wish I'd had these instructions when I was having trouble, but I've uninstalled the Demo and don't think I want to chance it again.  I hope the instructions will be helpful for others.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 03:37:32 AM »
Nicely done Vamp. This can always come in handy for the once that still want to try out this demo.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 05:39:29 PM »
Update:
EA has released a new version of the Pets Demo. I recommend unisntalling the other one and installing this new one. No one seems to have problem with this new one.  :D
I haven't downloaded sice I don't know how (ironic right?)
Hope this helps you who really want to try this demo!

Offline sydney511

• Occult
  • R.I.P. Edel - Jan. 14, 1996 - Jul. 02, 2011
Re: EA's fix to Demo Problems & New released Demo. (no issues so far)
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 10:02:21 PM »
I don't have origin and I honestly don't want and think (I'm under 13) I can/want to download. Is there any other way to get the demo?

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 10:46:14 PM »
I noticed a Sims 3 Teaser. Is that the new version of the Demo for Pets?

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 01:09:07 AM »
No the sims 3 teaser is something different. Snooty says it allows people to test out sims 3 with all the expansions and stuff packs for 20mins (not to be confused with the sims 3 trial). Get it here: http://www.thesims3.com/demo

I just downloaded the new version of create a pet demo and I quite liked it. Those small dogs, and cats are simply ardorable! I especially like the small dogs - if they look like super cute puppies, how cute will the actual puppies be?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 03:13:28 AM »
No the sims 3 teaser is something different. Snooty says it allows people to test out sims 3 with all the expansions and stuff packs for 20mins (not to be confused with the sims 3 trial). Get it here: http://www.thesims3.com/demo

I just downloaded the new version of create a pet demo and I quite liked it. Those small dogs, and cats are simply ardorable! I especially like the small dogs - if they look like super cute puppies, how cute will the actual puppies be?

Is there any difference in gameplay compared to the previous version, big enough for me to add this to the video I've already have uploaded, or is this new one more based on stability and technically advancement to prevent the poor members among us from having further bugged gamefiles and missing objects?

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 03:31:43 AM »
I didn't notice any gameplay difference between the two versions, but I did not download and use the first version, so I only have your video to judge that by. I think this new version is mostly just to fix the glitches.

Leto85

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2011, 03:32:43 AM »
I didn't notice any gameplay difference between the two versions, but I did not download and use the first version, so I only have your video to judge that by. I think this new version is mostly just to fix the glitches.

Ah, okey. Thanks for noting that.
I was afraid that video was old and outdated now already. :P

Offline PrincessBean

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011, 07:32:48 AM »
Am I just stupid, or does EA/Origin not want mac users to be able to download this? :/

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2011, 07:49:52 AM »
PrincessBean, I know that when I had a mac I couldn't download Create a World, so this might be the same thing. What I imagine happens is that it requires some extra work to get things ready for macs as well as pcs, so EA skip that bit with demos. It's a bit slack of them, but there's not much you can do. At least the base game is mac-compatible, and the actual pets expansion will be out within a month :)