Author Topic: Unicorns  (Read 184910 times)

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
Re: Unicorns
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2011, 07:14:29 AM »
I found a whitish unicorn at night - so there goes the theory that only black unicorns come at night. My sim found it much easier to make a relationship with the unicorn than her husband had with wild horses. In the end she was blessed and the unicorn teleported.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2011, 08:09:39 AM »
I also found my unicorn was easier to interact with than my efforts with a wild horse, though not by much. It teleported away around 5 AM or so.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2011, 08:31:43 AM »
I've saw that up to 3 people on www.thesims3.com have already uploaded a unicorn the the site. I haven't downloaded any of them however.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2011, 10:25:43 AM »
Unicorns are really easy to find. I myself have found and adopted one already, in what, 2 or 3 Sim days. It's a pity you can't edit them in CAP, so they're stuck to being either black or white (didn't find any other color yet). Returned both to the wild.

Leto85

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2011, 12:53:28 PM »
I saw a unicorn! Sonny Horse was the name of this white one. He became very fast a good friend with my sim, but now only he want to join my household after I've befriend all species.
My sims has befriended a horse, a cat who both are living with him. Perhaps he should get a dog. :)

lovergirl

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2011, 03:07:00 PM »
I just found ( well the dog did! :D ) a white unicorn .My only question is : when I'm asking to join the household, the unicorn rejected me with this message " First prove to me that you are a friend to all creatures. Only then will I consider your offer" . What am I missing ? The unicorn is BFF, also the sim has 4 friends pets ( 5 with unicorn).

A picture with unicorn

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2011, 03:10:36 PM »
I just found ( well the dog did! :D ) a white unicorn .My only question is : when I'm asking to join the household, the unicorn rejected me with this message " First prove to me that you are a friend to all creatures. Only then will I consider your offer" . What am I missing ? The unicorn is BFF, also the sim has 4 friends pets ( 5 with unicorn)

I think (and I can't confirm) that by all creatures, it means you need to have a horse friend, a cat friend, and a dog friend. I don't know if the unicorn counts as the horse friend, though. Someone correct me if I am wrong, because I am trying to build relationships with these three species.If it turns out that I don't actually need to do that, I would like to know. My sim still hasn't seen a unicorn yet. :-\

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

lovergirl

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2011, 03:13:47 PM »
Thank you for the response. Like I said : I have 4 friends : 1 horse, 2 dogs and one cat. That was the reason I've posted this on the forum. I just don't get it where I'm wrong!

Offline Wevee

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2011, 04:59:10 PM »
So I was at a competition with one of my horses, when I looked back at my home to check on the others when I got a bit of a surprise

I had to delay it from running away so I sent in a horse to keep it busy.

I got there in time to end up adopting it!   ;D

When I pulled the camera back a bit, I noticed at the same time I was being over-run by wild horses.  

This sim is 3 game weeks old and this is the first unicorn I had seen, and it saved me the trouble of going to look for it   ;D

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2011, 06:34:32 PM »
@Wevee

Did you have a cat and dog friend when you adopted the unicorn?

Witster

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2011, 07:17:14 PM »
Thank you for the response. Like I said : I have 4 friends : 1 horse, 2 dogs and one cat. That was the reason I've posted this on the forum. I just don't get it where I'm wrong!
Hey, this might sound odd, but do you have a human friend?
My sim doesn't and I got the same message. I'm going to be trying to make one to see if that makes a difference.

Offline Wevee

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2011, 07:26:31 PM »
I have gotten a couple private messages about this, so I will include the answer here.

I have no cats or dogs on this play through, but I am working on several of the riding super max skills, like having 10 best friend horses.  My sim is currently at 8, so I think the unicorn joining you is dependent on the number of best friend animals and not a specific number of each type.  This one also has no minor pets like snakes, rodents etc.

I have attached two videos, I didn't realize until I looked at them after making them that the video quality is so bad, but in the first you can clearly see a very nice rainbow streamer.  The second is using the teleport that was cut off in the first video.

the first video right after adopting it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElAu74xlMpE

the second video playing with teleport http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbDwUut1KJE

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2011, 07:29:19 PM »
Hmmm, thanks for the response Wevee. Once I find and adopt the unicorn in my game, I'll report my friends. Currently my sim has 3 horse friends and one dog friend. Do you think 4 would be enough?

Offline Wevee

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2011, 07:37:27 PM »
Hmmm, thanks for the response Wevee. Once I find and adopt the unicorn in my game, I'll report my friends. Currently my sim has 3 horse friends and one dog friend. Do you think 4 would be enough?

To be honest I don't know how many it would take.  Before it showed up on my lot I had really been looking very hard for it.  I would guess 5 because when if joins your household it would make the max number of pets, but again, that is only a guess. 

Leto85

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2011, 07:44:19 PM »
@Wevee

Did you have a cat and dog friend when you adopted the unicorn?

I'm not Wevee, but for as far as I know having a cat, dog and horse friend are a must for being able to adopt a unicorn.