Author Topic: Crossbreeding unicorns and horses  (Read 28919 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Crossbreeding unicorns and horses
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2011, 07:15:21 AM »
This is my first foal from my unicorn, as you can see, this time she did not pick up any of her mothers looks or horn.  I know it is going to be random, but I so enjoy playing, that I don't even think about the outcome.  If you have one unicorn, does anyone know if you can find another one and have more than one?

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Leto85

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2011, 02:51:26 PM »
This is my first foal from my unicorn, as you can see, this time she did not pick up any of her mothers looks or horn.  I know it is going to be random, but I so enjoy playing, that I don't even think about the outcome.  If you have one unicorn, does anyone know if you can find another one and have more than one?

Yes, I can confirm that. I've seen another unicorn after I've added already one to the household. I'm hoping to get a black one, as I already have a white one added though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2011, 06:11:10 AM »
I have no idea. I've read elsewhere that unicorns can't be sold. If it's the same for halfbreed unicorns I have no idea. I hope they can be sold though.

If you breed from a unicorn and a horse, and the offspring is a horse, you can sell it. The value is generally high because the unicorn has max jumping and racing. I haven't tested to see if there's a difference in value from a normal horse with the same high levels.

If you breed from a unicorn and a horse, and the offspring is a unicorn, it can't be sold. You can't turn it into a horse via editing either as far as I can see.
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline Lizzy

• Townie
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2011, 08:49:24 AM »
You can indeed only set them free into the wild :)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2011, 09:18:40 AM »
I am thinking of setting the first two unicorns I got, back into the wild.  I have five horses, a cat and two sims, lol.  I love breeding the unicorns, but the one, which is the newest foal, I keep will keep breeding and the horses I get from them, will max out skills and sell and the unicorns will be placed back in the wild. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Leto85

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2011, 05:39:08 AM »
If you breed from a unicorn and a horse, and the offspring is a horse, you can sell it. The value is generally high because the unicorn has max jumping and racing. I haven't tested to see if there's a difference in value from a normal horse with the same high levels.

If you breed from a unicorn and a horse, and the offspring is a unicorn, it can't be sold. You can't turn it into a horse via editing either as far as I can see.

That's good information to have. So having an unicorn in the household can also be held because of the strategy: no training required for the offspring, but you can sell it high right from the start. It saves money.

Oh, and welcome to the forum by the way. :)

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2011, 09:11:03 AM »
That's good information to have. So having an unicorn in the household can also be held because of the strategy: no training required for the offspring, but you can sell it high right from the start. It saves money.

Oh, and welcome to the forum by the way. :)

Yes, you can focus on training up whoever you're breeding it with instead. The only downside is sometimes you get a unicorn, but that's not really so bad, and it looks (tentatively for now) as if having some unicorn blood in there might increase the value a bit over a pure horse foal over and above the skills component, but I'm going to check that with duplicate traits to be sure.

Thanks for the welcome :) This is definitely the expansion I've been waiting for, so much better than previous efforts on pets. I'm looking forward to playing as the horse next to harrass people for carrots like they do to my poor sim!
[they/them pronouns please]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lizzy

• Townie
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2011, 12:06:05 PM »
My first purebred unicorn Cannon...
Mom is a white unicorn, and dad is a black unicorn :D

Leto85

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2011, 04:31:10 AM »
My first purebred unicorn Cannon...
Mom is a white unicorn, and dad is a black unicorn :D

Fabuloso! I was waiting to see something like that happening! You should ask Carl to update the Unicorn guide with this cool picture.

Offline Lizzy

• Townie
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2011, 06:01:24 AM »
Unlike the crossbreeds, this horse also has both skills maxed..
Which I haven't been able to get yet with a crossbreed...
And I'm way to shy to ask Carl whaha xD

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2011, 06:48:33 AM »
I don't actually know the answer to that yet, Lizzy. Maybe there's a random element to the starting skills. I will be going deeper on horses, it's one of the last things I need to do for Pets.

Offline Lizzy

• Townie
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2011, 07:25:03 AM »
If you need any help just let me know Carl  :)

Leto85

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2011, 11:41:27 AM »
Unlike the crossbreeds, this horse also has both skills maxed..
Which I haven't been able to get yet with a crossbreed...
And I'm way to shy to ask Carl whaha xD

Well, that's just cute. :)
But you know your information could be very valueble. Especially with all those unicorn breeding you're doing.

Offline candyraver69

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2011, 12:38:25 PM »
Finally had a unicorn born from a horse/unicorn cross :)

Dad is the horse on the left, mom is the unicorn in the middle, baby is the unicorn on the right.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2011, 12:58:14 PM »
I also got my first unicorn born of a unicorn father and horse mother.  The father, Eclipse, had max racing and jumping skills.  The mother, Tamsyn, had max racing and level 7 jumping.  The foal, Sherbet, aged up with 9 points in jumping and no racing skills.  He was born with a lion tail and gained a beard when he aged up.

Sherbet and Eclipse:

Eclipse and Sherbet with Tamsyn in the Background: