Author Topic: My Horse Ranch/Breeding Program  (Read 327356 times)

Dellena

Re: My Horse Ranch/Breeding Program
« Reply #240 on: November 15, 2011, 03:13:22 PM »
Your wish is my command.  Here's a couple new additions to the Darcy Senior Ranch:

Seraf - filly

and Orion - colt

Offline DoubleWe

• Townie
« Reply #241 on: November 15, 2011, 04:56:57 PM »
Both are beautiful but I love the second one the most. That's a striking one! ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #242 on: November 15, 2011, 07:05:08 PM »
I'll soon post a pic of the Darcy Junior Ranch's latest filly.  She's lovely (out of Alexa and Diablo).  Orion is out of Crimson (who he favors) and Parsifal.  I think I have my sire and dam for the next ranch with these two.

UPDATE:  And here she is - Stardust

Offline Miss Estella

• Llama Wrangler
  • ❤ Sims
« Reply #243 on: November 15, 2011, 09:32:32 PM »
They are beautiful. Arabians, I'm guessing, by the dished face?

Dellena

« Reply #244 on: November 16, 2011, 05:19:39 AM »
Yep

Dellena

« Reply #245 on: November 16, 2011, 07:30:28 AM »
There's a pose that the horses autonomously do that I've been trying for ages to capture.  I think of it as the 'show' pose.  But so far, they've either done it at night, or with thought bubbles over their head or other horses in the shot.  This morning, Alexa gave me a gift:

It's as if she's saying, "Yes, I'm beautiful... And yes, I'm worth it."  <giggle>  Since I'm not racing her right now, I've let her mane go long and her tail unbraided.  She's a great mommy to all her foals.

Offline Miss Estella

• Llama Wrangler
  • ❤ Sims
« Reply #246 on: November 16, 2011, 08:38:45 AM »
That is a lovely pose, Alexa's coat is very striking. What are all of you aiming for right now in your ranches?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #247 on: November 16, 2011, 12:17:29 PM »
Alexander and Fiona's son, Thomas, is now a teenager and is approaching graduation.  Thomas received a gift from his grandfather, Fitzwilliam, which was Orion (shown above) who's now an adult and ready for more training (although he aged up with level 9 in both racing and jumping - just goes to show that good breeding pays off).  Thomas is already making noises about one day having his own ranch.  For a graduation gift, his father is going to gift him with Stardust.  This will give Thomas a good start to his own ranch although he's going to stay at home with mom and dad a bit yet so he can earn some starting money.

In the game, I've placed a 50 x 50 lot out in the middle of the open field behind the equestrian center, facing the river and between the walking/riding paths.  Thomas is a bit of a loner and loves the outdoors, so this will be an ideal location for him.  His sister, Rose, loves all animals and spends more time with the family dog and cat.  She hasn't decided yet what she wants to grow up to be (I wish there was a veterinarian job).

Offline DoubleWe

• Townie
« Reply #248 on: November 16, 2011, 12:53:12 PM »
Yeah, a veterinarian as a job would be great. I mean now we have pets and they don't get sick (not very realistic), not that I'm complaining, mind you.  ;)
What I would like to see is dressage in another way to train horses and win competitions in. Even if I'm not a real fan of Western Riding this would be great either.
So a horse can have about 4 abilities.

Offline Miss Estella

• Llama Wrangler
  • ❤ Sims
« Reply #249 on: November 16, 2011, 01:13:53 PM »
Yes, that would be ideal. Dressage would also be very cool to see in Sims 3 Pets. Also, I wish they had the veterinarian job in the Pets expansion

Offline Mouse

• Nooboo
« Reply #250 on: November 16, 2011, 08:03:17 PM »
Just joined this awesome forum!!!

I started just a small basic "farm" with three Arabians. I'm not trying to strictly breed just Arabians, I just love how in game, their entire physique is dainty! I think what I'm mostly interested in is how the colours of each sire appear on their foals.

My main (and only, as of right now) stallion is Anzu who is an Arabian. I, ideally, wanted to go with unique markings that would be passed down through his foals:

Next are my two mares: Tidal and Atomic. Both were adopted and modified in the CAS.

Tidal

Atomic

I finally was able to breed Atomic and Anzu and was blessed with this rather ugly foal (I'm sorry, but the colour combination of the parents is horrible haha). I also just figured out screen shots, so I apologize for only capturing her as an adult.

This is Genuine:

Anzu and Tidal were also able to breed a few days later and produced the most unique foal I've had so far.

Introducing - Thirteen:

Check out her other side:

So far this game is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! I am loving the equine aspect, just wish, as was mentioned by Estella, dressage was a way to compete too!

Dellena

« Reply #251 on: November 16, 2011, 08:48:33 PM »
Wow!  Thirteen really IS very unique.

Offline Miss Estella

• Llama Wrangler
  • ❤ Sims
« Reply #252 on: November 18, 2011, 10:43:14 PM »
Welcome, Mouse. I'm glad to see yet another person inspired by the great work Mary's done. I have to say, your Arabians have really interesting color patterns; Thirteen is quite admiring. I can't wait to see what other color coat patterns you produce on your ranch, and I hope you'll share your ranch happenings with us all.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #253 on: November 19, 2011, 05:11:12 AM »
I'm afraid I've reached my population limit in the game I've been fooling around with, (ie.  learning from).  I have a dog, a cat, several animals my cat caught for me, 4 Sims and 4 horses.  I want to have more horses.  I do not want to sell my cat or dog or put them up for adoption.  I do own a Horse Ranch community building but how do you keep your horses there and does that allow you have more horses or is your limit still capped?  My main problem is I simply can't part with any of my horses!  My original intention was to 'rescue' wild horses by adopting and selling them.  I got the adoption part down pat.  The selling part?  Not so much.

How do I keep up with that population?  Simple.  I cheat.  lol  Needs static and no aging works wonders for giving you time to do what you need/want to.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Dellena

« Reply #254 on: November 19, 2011, 06:20:32 AM »
I guess you've reached the same decision time as lots of real horse breeders.  :)  If you love rescueing wild horses, then maybe you could move some horses to new owners.  So you could still see them and know they were in a good home.  My current ranch is maxed as well (4 horses, 1 dog, 1 cat, 4 sims) but I find I don't need to use those cheats.  As long as the horses have access to food and water (I have a trough but also a small pond on the property and the largest hay stack), they pretty much take care of themselves.  At least every other day, do the Care > Brush > Clean hooves on each one which really doesn't take long.  I have a couple horse balls to keep them entertained.  I'm not running with aging off either.  I want to experience the cycle of life on the ranch.  But I understand how hard it can be for people to loose their pets. :) 

Here's a couple new screen shots:

Stardust - she's grown up into a beautiful mare.  Her father, Diablo, looks on behind her:

Orion - he's the son of Parsifal and Crimson from grandad's ranch - he was a gift from grandad, Fitzwilliam, to grandson, Thomas.

I've started work on what will be Thomas's ranch eventually: