Author Topic: My Horse Ranch/Breeding Program  (Read 326992 times)

Jesyka

Re: My Horse Ranch/Breeding Program
« Reply #315 on: December 10, 2011, 06:58:26 PM »
Does anyone know if the OP ever shared her ranch here?  I've searched for it but can't find it and would love to take a look at her design more closely.

JellybeanJayden

« Reply #316 on: December 16, 2011, 05:59:23 AM »
Well I just made my account on here just because of this forum, just wanted to see if people were still posting. I read 1-13 (its taken me about 2 hours), but somewhere I saw we some how lost Mary which kinda sucks because I made this account mostly to talk to her (I thought it was cool we were both from washington). BUT as long as there are still some people working on this I'd gladly make a new ranch (even tho I already have one) and document my progress. Since its already 2:50 in the morning I shall start making my ranch tomorrow, as well as my blog.

My ranch will be named Wishing Starr (this is the name I've always wanted to use if I'm ever lucky enough to own my own ranch.) I haven't fully decided yet if I want to breed Arabians or Mustangs yet. I've had the most experiance with Arabs in real life, but since two other people have made ranches using Arabs I feel like I should use a new breed. Thus where Mustangs come in because I've always thought of them as beautiful horses. So I'll update tomorrow with photos of my ranch, horses, ect, and link to my blog :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #317 on: December 17, 2011, 09:16:16 PM »
I still have my Darcy ranch but Christmas coming up and some building commissions have kept me very busy. :)  But I like seeing what others are doing.  I'm not sure what happened to Mary. :(

ilovehorses4ever

« Reply #318 on: December 19, 2011, 02:40:15 PM »
my game just crashed so i will have to start a new ranch from scratch  >:( :'( !!!!!!

i don't know what i am going to breed yet so can people please give me a few suggestions to get me thinking?!

i hope you all have a wonderful and merry Christmas and a happy new year!!

JellybeanJayden

« Reply #319 on: December 19, 2011, 06:39:01 PM »
Sorry its been a couple of days, I've played a sims week so far and have gotten quite a bit done. So here is what I have :)

My ranch

Tack room

Arena

My sim(first sim i've made on the sims 3 to look like me)

My stallion Prince Aiden (Made to look like my horse)

Mare one

Mare two

My link to my blog will be posted in a couple of days, it will included wayy more information on my ranch, the horses, pictures of babies, ect. This is just a sneek peak :)

Offline Banksia

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #320 on: December 19, 2011, 07:48:06 PM »
Dear Jellybean Jayden,

What a good start!  Is the real horse pictured yours?  Can't wait to see the babies.

JellybeanJayden

« Reply #321 on: December 20, 2011, 03:12:17 AM »
Yeah he is one of my real horese. I thought about making my ranch all my real horses, but I didn't think the colors went very well together. I'll post the first baby I had, but after that I'll put them all on my blog. I'm not sure if I like the colors I'm getting so I might switch my mares up after awhile.

Dad, Mom, Baby

Young

Grown up :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

ilovehorses4ever

« Reply #322 on: December 20, 2011, 04:10:12 AM »
Wow, great ranch.  I love your real horse.  He is so handsome! You did a very good job recreating him!

I cannot wait until you post your link to your blog and when you do, I will see it straight away!

JellybeanJayden

« Reply #323 on: December 20, 2011, 04:20:30 AM »
Awww thank you very much, I don't know when I'll be posting my blog because I have to have a lot of stuff on it before anyone sees it. I'm trying to put alot of effort into it, I'll have pictures of all my foals, week by week updates, ect. Each of my breeding horses will have their own page with pictures, traits, plus I'm writing down the days that big event happen (like when they reach level 10 jumping or racing). Since this is the first time I've done this I'm going to try to go all out. But this is VERY new for me because I'm one of those simmers who makes a new family like every 3 times I play XP

Offline DoubleWe

• Townie
« Reply #324 on: December 22, 2011, 08:08:11 AM »
After thoudands of crashs(I have no clue if this is written like this) ... at least it feels like that much, I decided to buy the training ground and rebuild it. Like this I have more space for smaller farms with entirely different horses.
Does anyone have problams with the latest updates because I can't oper my launcher anymore.

Offline stickerz

• Nooboo
« Reply #325 on: December 22, 2011, 06:03:13 PM »
I have to admit, this is facinating o.o I found this thread while searching help forms relating to Pets, and kinda sped read the whole thing last night. I've spent literally all day building a ranch, or more like massive equestrian center ^^; Not using it yet however, waiting till I have sufficient funds.

I'm currently on the corner lot on Beach Boulevard by the beach lot.

I didn't borrow any cash to build it, I already had a family I was playing with. They were super rich from their careers and opportunities and such. I split the youngest member, a boy named Matthew, and his older sister Sabrina (who had just turned young adult), bought the lot and edited it to suit me better.

Matthew already has the Mustang Master accomplishment, they were just so pretty...and I couldn't resist. I decided to adopt all of my foundation lines from the wild rather than create them in CAS, and then once adopted go in and change their "breed". I did not alter their coats or markings at all. I started with a stallion I named Commodore

For now I plan on focusing on training him and achieving all his accomplishments as well as maxing out his skills before I start on my broodmare band =) By the way, I am breeding Andalusians <3 I actually prefer Arabians, but they are soo popular I figured I'd be different ^^;

I also started a blog, working on images and HTML coding for it, but for now you can view it here
take note, I started from the beginning...when Matthew was a kid and I had just moved in the family

Skye

« Reply #326 on: February 04, 2012, 02:36:02 PM »
Hi I am new to the forum.  First off I would like to thank you all for all your guidence.  I have a problem, I have a male and female horse and their relationship is high enough to try for foal which by the way shows up.  Now I have clicked on try for foal dozens of times but they do not seem to mate.  When you mention going into a stall, one will go in but the other one does not, surely a stall is only for one horse.  I have tried to get one to go in and then try as I might the other will not.  I have the area fenced off too and the gate locked, but again that is not helping.  How do you know if they have actally mated.  Is it the same as when the sims woo hoo don't think it can be though somehow.  What I am to expect.  Please respond soon as it is driving me nuts and have spent over a sim day to get this accomplished.

Offline simlishlol

• Self-proclaimed aficionado
  • Immortal
  • U leik my horsie?
« Reply #327 on: February 04, 2012, 02:54:36 PM »
Hi I am new to the forum.  First off I would like to thank you all for all your guidence.  I have a problem, I have a male and female horse and their relationship is high enough to try for foal which by the way shows up.  Now I have clicked on try for foal dozens of times but they do not seem to mate.  When you mention going into a stall, one will go in but the other one does not, surely a stall is only for one horse.  I have tried to get one to go in and then try as I might the other will not.  I have the area fenced off too and the gate locked, but again that is not helping.  How do you know if they have actally mated.  Is it the same as when the sims woo hoo don't think it can be though somehow.  What I am to expect.  Please respond soon as it is driving me nuts and have spent over a sim day to get this accomplished.
This happens a lot to me when I try to mate my horses. A lot of times, I think it's just a routing problem. Did you try moving things out of the way? Something might be blocking the way for the second horse. With me, I just had to try several times before they actually got in, because sometimes one horse would block the other one, he would stamp his foot and be all frustrated, and then I would try again with the one horse facing a different direction so he wouldn't get in the way again. Hope this helps!
When life gives you founders, you make an immortal dynasty!
Feel free to call me Simlish ;D

Skye

« Reply #328 on: February 04, 2012, 03:30:14 PM »
Thanks.  One horse did go into the stall, but the other didn't.  My sims too get in the way there are always hanging around far too much.  I have a fence around the stall and locked the gate, still no luck. I think this horse ranching is quite hard, though very enjoyable.  If I keep failing I may decide to send my mare to the centre.  Perhaps I will play a stall outside of the fence and see if that works, but I bet my sims will butt in again.  Perhaps I will have to lock them inside the house.

Skye

« Reply #329 on: February 04, 2012, 03:38:26 PM »
Yippee they did it.  I think you were right about not enought room.  I extended the fence, took out a stall and then it worked.  Thanks.  With the excitement I forgot to listen to the lullaby though.  Still can try again.